40's Only 2022 (1 Viewer)

July 10th or Move date

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyOshow22

KK0TEQ
Threads
Ok lets get this years thread underway for the most classic of cruisers.... "Only 40's Run" 2022!

Where: McCarthy Creek Trail, goes between Boulder and Elkhorn

Date: TBD

Meetup Time and Location: TBD

@elkun1
@87BJ74
@pigmony
@90WT
@TommyGuns
@bagochips76
@rkymtnflyfisher
@3_puppies
@REZARF
@finally

I'm suggesting the second weekend in July, the 9th or 10th, reason for this is that our snowpack up high is going to make the later summer weekends more valuable and this trail is already snow free and has been cleared of trees as of this past weekend.

Last years crew of 40's
PXL_20210821_161303811.jpg

Last edited:
i'll second those dates, should be early enough to beat the fires. that is definetley not a place i'd want to be in fire season. i think the guys will like it.

Trail reviews from the prerun for those of you who haven't followed the 2021 thread

@elkun1
"Just got home from Mcarty crk. Darren, Johnny and i did the trip. The trail is narrow due to trees and just challenging enough to be fun. this is primo for the narrow 40's. there should be no danger of damage unless you drive into a tree, just a normal offroad trail. however, if you want more of a challenge it definetly is there. I ended up having to use the winch to get away from a boulder. johnny just drove up that section. the bypasses are good. Johnny went back to camping and i couldn't see any reason to going back on pavement so we showed darren the trail over the elkhorns and ended up by the dairy south of toston. was a kick of a day, that trail is still on my suggested list for the run but if anyone has any other trails i'm always up to going along to check it out. i'm sure the other guys will be chiming in and undoubtedly will show pictures. also, a chainsaw it highly suggested lol. Ron"

@thetoyotaman
"Nice day out today. Pretty easy trail unless you want a couple of obstacles but like Ron said there are bypasses. A few trees to clear.🤣"

@Johnny0show22
"McCarty Creek Trail was a blast and will be a perfect 40's only run trail. It is easy enough with the bypasses that a stock 40 can do it, yet there are places built 40's can play. Like Ron said it is a tight trail because of the trees but @thetoyotaman and my 80 didn't have any problems which means 40's definitely wont. The trail does have the typical montana overgrow in a few spots."

Awesome, I was working on the wiring harness tonight... motivated by your pics this weekend.

Unfortunately I'm out that weekend, I'll be on a long walk into the Bob to go on a week-long float trip again.

Ok lets get this years thread underway for the most classic of cruisers.... "Only 40's Run" 2022!

Where: McCarthy Creek Trail, goes between Boulder and Elkhorn

Date: TBD

Meetup Time and Location: TBD

@elkun1
@87BJ74
@pigmony
@90WT
@TommyGuns
@bagochips76
@rkymtnflyfisher
@3_puppies
@REZARF
@finally

I'm suggesting the second weekend in July, the 9th or 10th, reason for this is that our snowpack up high is going to make the later summer weekends more valuable and this trail is already snow free and has been cleared of trees as of this past weekend.

Last years crew of 40'sView attachment 3026498
I’m out that weekend and the next for family vacation (with kids back east visiting grandparents). First available in July is 23/24 for me. I know it’s virtually impossible to get a date that works for everyone, so critical mass is best :)

so I have less then a month to find a 40 to borrow. or a seat for me and my dawg, totally willing to play paparazzi for the day just sayin

So far it sounds like four people are able to do the weekend of the 9th 10th which drew we could put it on the 10th but what's a better date for the collective hole because 4 40s isn't quite a party

nice job
maybe it is the way I'm looking at the new studs, but the exposed threaded part seems long
I made a rooky mistake and put them in backwards originally, a couple minutes later and I had them flipped around! Good eye!

I made a rooky mistake and put them in backwards originally, a couple minutes later and I had them flipped around! Good eye!

at least the loctite hadn't set up yet

red loctite is almost as good as cross threading, almost

red is OK, green is really good

July 9-10 is not going to work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom