TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

File this one under "You have one job"

I know sh!t happens and I really probably shouldn't be as aggravated as I am about this, but I am.

Need new tires for the wife's LX570, have had good luck historically with our local Discount Tires (other areas may vary). I have shopped around and tried lower prices, but generally service has suffered when I stray. So I go in, which here is a whole new game as you can't just walk in anymore, I have to talk to the person on the curb and get put into an on-line Que so they can call my name when I get in there... weird, but ok. So I go in, order tires. They don't have any locally and need to order them, ok, all good. I order them last Tuesday (5/17/22) and I am told it will likely be Monday (5/23/22) before they arrive. Sounds good and we part ways.

Get a call on Thursday (5/19/22) saying, tires are here. I'm like great can you get them on tomorrow? No, we are booked up, but I can do monday. Good deal, set up the appointment and drive her truck in to the office on Monday. Drop it off ahead of time and wait for the call for it to be done.

Call comes in about an hour after the appointment time, which I expect to the be the "were done" call... Nope, "sir we've lost one of the 4 tires. We can install the 3 and you can come back for the 4th when it comes in or we can order the 4th" First of all, they are larger tires on an AWD vehicle, why would you offer to put on just 3? But they may not know that, but should, but anyway. I'm like look I am going on a trip on Friday and need them on prior to then, so order the tire and schedule me for Thursday. Alright, I'm annoyed, but tires should be here based on the 2 day turn around on the original order.

Ok, so this morning I call to make sure the tire is there, or at least is tracking to be there today. "Looks like it shipped yesterday and should be here tomorrow, that work for you?" No, no sir it does not! I am leaving tomorrow and need tires today. So after some debate, I get an offer for a different tire that they can get today but it will be later today.

So I ordered Toyo AT3 for the LX, But I am getting Nitto Ridge Grapplers. And if I do not like them, I will return them for the originally ordered AT3s.

And the first set he offered me was a set of non-LT XL rated tires, which I had to do some research on, but are rated for about 700 lbs less per tire than the normal LT tire.

I know they are busy and I am sure people are ridiculous, but your a tire place, why can you not get me the tires I asked for? And does anyone know if Nitto owns part of Discount Tire? They sure were pushing me toward them vs. the Toyos, just curious.

And, I'm done for now. Pending how this turns out.

I am sorry that this happened but they are not busy. They dont have people. They cannot find technicians like everyone else. Let me tell you it sucks. I have more work that i can handle. I have three trucks park on the lot ready to hire someone that wants to work and i have had no luck. Each truck should produce $400k and there are three that are doing minus…. I dont know what is wrong with people but i used to watch dirty jobs and he said it over and over again “ we will run out of people that want to do this work”. Guess what!! We did and i hope it will be a light on the end of the tunnel because this is not sustainable. Eveey industry is hurting. $25 per hr for a no experience with all benefits. Prices has gone up 25-30%. All my guys have get a 20% raise and still they cannot do the aame than last year. I hate it for everyone that os dealing with this and i feel your pain as a customer. But i can tell you it is not the shops fault or not 100%.

End of rant. Good luck you your tires.

I'm one a heavily traveled 3 lane highway with a 65-70 mph speed limit. Come up behind some jackass in the middle lane in a Taurus or something doing 65, maybe. The right lane is empty. So I go around on the right....and as I look over its a 35-40 year old douche....left leg up on the door sill and blatantly texting with is right hand. Looking at the phone for 2 seconds, the road 1 second. So I get beside him, lay on the horn, dude finally looks at me as I'm giving him the evil eye....and he then starts making rude hand gestures to me...you know , after he put his phone down and came back to reality. Then he starts driving aggressively and speeding up and changing lanes....for some reason? It probably STILL hasn't occurred to him that HE is the problem. People are so stupid. More so by each passing day.

Yea....we are doomed.

Onemanarmy, you need to move to the country and work from home. Your head is going to explode otherwise. :)

I'm one a heavily traveled 3 lane highway with a 65-70 mph speed limit. Come up behind some jackass in the middle lane in a Taurus or something doing 65, maybe. The right lane is empty. So I go around on the right....and as I look over its a 35-40 year old douche....left leg up on the door sill and blatantly texting with is right hand. Looking at the phone for 2 seconds, the road 1 second. So I get beside him, lay on the horn, dude finally looks at me as I'm giving him the evil eye....and he then starts making rude hand gestures to me...you know , after he put his phone down and came back to reality. Then he starts driving aggressively and speeding up and changing lanes....for some reason? It probably STILL hasn't occurred to him that HE is the problem. People are so stupid. More so by each passing day.

Yea....we are doomed.
Pretty common for Raleighwood.

I always wondered what would happen if the airbag went off and your feet were on the dash. I see this a lot now. Driver and passenger.

@Roxx you are correct. I actually asked the guy if they were the busiest store locally and he said not by a long shot, we are just short staffed. I see it every day too. Municipal construction and trades are struggling, big time, to find and keep decent help. To be straight, I was not rude, I did not make an a$$ of myself and I did not say anything negative or condescending toward anyone. To be honest, I didn't complain to them, so I came here to vent.

Pretty Common all over. My wife and I just spent a week on the road between here and PA, all over PA and VA. People no longer seem to obey the general rules of the road nor give a damn about the drivers around them. Defensive driving is imperative because the last thing you would expect someone else in traffic to do is generally the first they do.

INDICES!

Forever TV weather people used the word indexes (correct) as the plural for index when speaking about things like the "feels like" temp

Well some forward thinking weather person decided to start saying INICIES (also correct) to set themselves apart or some other reason. Well it seems they all have now picked up on it. Just annoying for some damn reason.

Last year after spending 2 years dealing with the limited selection of PA, I started purchasing bourbon online via Caskers. While I was hesitant at first to spend $ on something fragile and potentially non-reimbursable, I was pleasantly surprised when I received my first shipment. Feeling confident with their business, I ordered 2 hard to find bourbons at reasonable prices spending $$$. I was hooked. This year I haven't purchased anything. When I went to order yesterday, suddenly I can no longer purchase any bourbons inside the state of PA. Yes, you read that correctly those damn politicians and their business cronies blocked capitalism because it wasn't keeping $$ going into their pockets or allowing others to gain access to harder-to-find bourbons that they wanted. Another reason why I think we need to start over, empty & clean all of the DC buildings, install term limits, their salaries are controlled by their constituents, etc!

Good luck with that Q. The way it was designed, leaders among us were supposed to take time off from their career to serve the greater good in our government. Serve a couple terms then go back to their career. Instead they get in there and stay as long as they possibly can. Serve one term and you have the best health insurance for life. Stay in and become filthy rich, when was the last time you heard of a poor politician. They make it into a life time career and IDIOTS keep voting them in. Lindsey Graham here in SC is a perfect example. He's the very definition of wishy washy yet gets re elected every time for well over 20 years.

My voting procedure has become, if they have been in office for two terms or more, I vote for the challenger, no matter the party. It wont work, sheep will still put the same old faces right back in office. Look at all the "big" players in office, they are older than I am and been in office forever. They are voted in again and again and people still expect change.

Good luck with that Q. The way it was designed, leaders among us were supposed to take time off from their career to serve the greater good in our government. Serve a couple terms then go back to their career. Instead they get in there and stay as long as they possibly can. Serve one term and you have the best health insurance for life. Stay in and become filthy rich, when was the last time you heard of a poor politician. They make it into a life time career and IDIOTS keep voting them in. Lindsey Graham here in SC is a perfect example. He's the very definition of wishy washy yet gets re elected every time for well over 20 years.

My voting procedure has become, if they have been in office for two terms or more, I vote for the challenger, no matter the party. It wont work, sheep will still put the same old faces right back in office. Look at all the "big" players in office, they are older than I am and been in office forever. They are voted in again and again and people still expect change.
I like that 2 term rule. I don't do politics or parties so that will work for me.

Just as there is a minimum age, there should be a maximum age of 65 and maximum term of 2.

Amazing that anyone continues to pay taxes with what our GREAT leaders decide to spend OUR money on.

Last year after spending 2 years dealing with the limited selection of PA, I started purchasing bourbon online via Caskers. While I was hesitant at first to spend $ on something fragile and potentially non-reimbursable, I was pleasantly surprised when I received my first shipment. Feeling confident with their business, I ordered 2 hard to find bourbons at reasonable prices spending $$$. I was hooked. This year I haven't purchased anything. When I went to order yesterday, suddenly I can no longer purchase any bourbons inside the state of PA. Yes, you read that correctly those damn politicians and their business cronies blocked capitalism because it wasn't keeping $$ going into their pockets or allowing others to gain access to harder-to-find bourbons that they wanted. Another reason why I think we need to start over, empty & clean all of the DC buildings, install term limits, their salaries are controlled by their constituents, etc!
Let me know what you need if I can source it local and I'm sure I can, I can mail it your way. Or if you want to order online send it to me and I'll mail it to you.

NC is a liquor control state, just like my current “live free or die” NH. I swear that slogan was adopted ironically. Try B21.com. It’s worked up here

NC is a liquor control state, just like my current “live free or die” NH. I swear that slogan was adopted ironically. Try B21.com. It’s worked up here
But he is in PA

Everyone should 'do' politics....pay attention...vote for less control and less spending and less taxes. Anyone who works gives at least a third of their day to the government...it's scary the # of people that don't value their life and what they do with it.
Good point. I vote for exactly what u describe. And now will add the 2 term thing. It is all so corrupt and has been since politics were invented. That’s the issue. Always that closed door, country club bs agreement that really controls the country. Funny the gp/sheep think otherwise. Every week there is a new corruption story uncovered. The nonsense will never end. So that is why I do not "do" politics. They all lie and always have so they can put money in their pockets. Always, follow the money.

Last edited:
If you are paying a third in taxes you need a new accountant.

If you are paying a third in taxes you need a new accountant.

Fed income
State income
Gas
County Property
City Property
Sales
Useage
Construction
Social Security
Water/sewer/trash/other infrastructure
Capital gains
and any and all business related taxes if applicable

a third was being a bit light, actually

@onemanarmy , Don't even get me started about each state's different gas taxes. It is ridiculous! If we are one country, the price needs to be the same across the country. Oh, and how much did we spend on that virus, yet we have spent $0 to control the price of gas, let alone diesel. What substance is used to do the majority of everything in this country....hmmm...DIESEL. Diesel goes up $2 to $3, it affects everyone from the manufacturer, to farmer, to the consumer. That price increase along with the feds handing out $ like it was candy on Halloween added to and caused inflation. Those politicians need held accountable...tar n feathered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom