Builds The '93 Troopy Hodgepodge (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D749DBBB-9B7A-44DA-A4CD-3FFD0ADDE0E2.jpeg

😎🤙

Cheers

Keep eating the elephant. It's gonna be epic when it's all together. :smokin:

Glad the bar got there @TonyP.....they look so good on these trucks :)

Thanks for the biz!

Blue ARB looks nice haha
we are officially at 70 pages on this 70 series build. Cool stuff

Probably going to be 70 more pages until it is done! 😂

Kidding. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Tony got a 99-07 subtank cluster so we have been working on intergrading that into the harness. Also getting the FTE engine harness intergraded. As well as many repairs to the old original HZJ75 harnesses.

328C0497-5A73-46FD-BB6A-429F465B8DB4.jpeg

43EE1A41-A0EA-4A2F-9ABE-7FBBC99914E1.jpeg

69CA88A1-D0D5-4BA6-83CD-E865EF25BDA6.jpeg

48DD1ED8-B591-4235-B797-DD2A37FBA9BD.jpeg

Cheers

Ian,

Amazing work! I followed the 80 restoration. That was amazing. This is no short of that.

Given all the body repair, wouldn't it have been easier to source a cleaner tub? I would assume it would have been faster and less of a headache?

One thing is very clear in this thread, your quality of labor and persistence is amazing. I'm sure this rig will turnout amazing when all is said and done.

I am curious what guys who may have decades of experience with the FT & FTE might say.

Cheers

You asked about this a few pages back. I will comment on the FTs. I've done about a dozen of them. Mostly Japanese engines. The engines I source typically have 230 - 250k kms. So they are not that worked in.

These are out of halfcuts mostly. and the common thing they all seem to need is a deep clean along with a new oil pump and new oil pump cooler.

We always pull the head off and we always go through them. Only one of the 11 FT engines needed new valves and pistons. The rest we just do seals/gaskets and rings along with other small bits.

I've done 3 FTEs one was out of a UK HDJ100. The intake was cacked. It looked a lot like the one you were working on.

I have an FT in my 60. Its a beautiful engine. The mechanical aspect of it, the noise. It's really nice. Has a lot more character than an FTE in my opinion.

If you need parts from Saudi, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Given all the body repair, wouldn't it have been easier to source a cleaner tub? I would assume it would have been faster and less of a headache?

"Easier" would have been walking into a Toyota dealer, pointing at a 5th Gen and handing my debit card over... but where's the fun in that?

I assume there is a restriction to import complete vehicle bodies without documents/VIN into the US?

There are a lot of body take-offs in Saudi for 70 series single cabs. All brand new.

Thank you for sharing this build with us. I'm doing a similar build and contemplating swapping the chassis on my 75 troopy.

This thread is a great resource for those who want to do a similar build.

I can't wait to hear your impressions driving it. I'm sure it will be a dream!

We needed a bunch of wiring parts. Tony sent all that to us along with this sexy AC unit.

66191C1D-C833-4A39-8B15-A00BDC13E6DE.jpeg
8F13E499-8571-4F0E-82D5-FD22A3E47EC6.jpeg
427D2ED0-3645-4C08-8F61-E06DCB987E79.jpeg

I think that is the last part he needed for a fully new HVAC system. 😆🤙

Cheers

I assume there is a restriction to import complete vehicle bodies without documents/VIN into the US?

There are a lot of body take-offs in Saudi for 70 series single cabs. All brand new.

Thank you for sharing this build with us. I'm doing a similar build and contemplating swapping the chassis on my 75 troopy.

This thread is a great resource for those who want to do a similar build.

I can't wait to hear your impressions driving it. I'm sure it will be a dream!

Does anybody know why all these brand new bodies are being taken off in the middle east?

Does anybody know why all these brand new bodies are being taken off in the middle east?
Most of them probably for building armored vehicles.
Some designs use the OEM body as a somewhat covert shell and some eliminate the OEM body completely and build a new armor steel capsule over the chassis.
See one example

Screenshot_20220810-161614_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom