Wisconsin Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright so @Attn2Detail and I ran the “7 Hour Plane Crash Trail” the past two days. We weren’t exactly sure what to expect and had limited time so we started a little north of the trailhead, off of Hwy 70 near Alvin, WI. Where we started was extremely muddy to the point that he got his truck stuck and we had to snatch him out lol. It was impassable without at least one winch and possibly more. No way these guys in stock vehicles aka the jeep renegade guy could have done this portion. So we back tracked and went a little north. The trail is a good combination of technical off-roading and gravel, sand, and dirt roads. Some of it is very bumpy and we did have to use a saw a few times. We skipped a portion of it near Houghton, MI and north so that we could get to High Rock Point before it was too dark. There are YouTube video of high rock point and it is amazing. That’s where we camped. Beware, from the end of the highway there is a logging road about 10 miles long to get to the point, and about 3 miles of it you cannot go any faster than 5mph due to ruts and rocks. Takes at least 45 mins. Totally worth it though. In the morning we went back south and to the town called Gay on the southern portion of the peninsula. There is a huge “beach” there that is leftover sediment from the copper miners. It’s basically dunes and it’s awesome. We then drove to Porcupine Mountains via roadways and went to the top of those. Pretty cool… feels like the smokies if you’ve ever been there. From there we drove to Eagle River for dinner then to Essentially where we started the trail and we finished the beginning portion of the trail that we initially skipped, doing it backwards. This was pretty smooth trail but was extremely fun.

All in all, totally do-able In two days but 3 would be awesome. We had to cut short due to the storms last night. Guys have said they did this On stock vehicles and we think this is a lie and/or they skipped portions or busted their sh** 😂😂 Tires and suspension seem necessary.

Can’t wait to run it again!!

View attachment 3035950

View attachment 3035951

View attachment 3035952

View attachment 3035962

View attachment 3035964
Sounds pretty awesome. I'd love to do a 2 or 3 day trip in August. I'm putting this on my list.

One last thing. It had rained a few days prior so we didn’t run into much dust, but I heard from a guy who owns Beadlockers Overland store in Sheboygan that if it’s dry, you can’t even see a truck length in front of you if you’re doing it with other trucks. Something to consider.

Alright so @Attn2Detail and I ran the “7 Hour Plane Crash Trail” the past two days. We weren’t exactly sure what to expect and had limited time so we started a little north of the trailhead, off of Hwy 70 near Alvin, WI. Where we started was extremely muddy to the point that he got his truck stuck and we had to snatch him out lol. It was impassable without at least one winch and possibly more. No way these guys in stock vehicles aka the jeep renegade guy could have done this portion. So we back tracked and went a little north. The trail is a good combination of technical off-roading and gravel, sand, and dirt roads. Some of it is very bumpy and we did have to use a saw a few times. We skipped a portion of it near Houghton, MI and north so that we could get to High Rock Point before it was too dark. There are YouTube video of high rock point and it is amazing. That’s where we camped. Beware, from the end of the highway there is a logging road about 10 miles long to get to the point, and about 3 miles of it you cannot go any faster than 5mph due to ruts and rocks. Takes at least 45 mins. Totally worth it though. In the morning we went back south and to the town called Gay on the southern portion of the peninsula. There is a huge “beach” there that is leftover sediment from the copper miners. It’s basically dunes and it’s awesome. We then drove to Porcupine Mountains via roadways and went to the top of those. Pretty cool… feels like the smokies if you’ve ever been there. From there we drove to Eagle River for dinner then to Essentially where we started the trail and we finished the beginning portion of the trail that we initially skipped, doing it backwards. This was pretty smooth trail but was extremely fun.

All in all, totally do-able In two days but 3 would be awesome. We had to cut short due to the storms last night. Guys have said they did this On stock vehicles and we think this is a lie and/or they skipped portions or busted their sh** 😂😂 Tires and suspension seem necessary.

Can’t wait to run it again!!

View attachment 3035950

View attachment 3035951

View attachment 3035952

View attachment 3035962

View attachment 3035964
Awesome. Nice pictures. looks like a great time.

I’ll add a couple pics from our trip including one of my buried LX. WiscoGX’s LC pulled me out with ease but that section of the trail was a swamp with evidence of people getting stuck before us. I would do this trail again tomorrow if I could.

A60BC4AB-8D87-4ECA-ADA4-2A7623DF7D41.jpeg

04902EDA-A8BD-442D-94C9-9007B7A2C75C.jpeg

1C5CDFD0-0078-4BB3-AAFE-DAC73986AF5F.jpeg

DC53E768-7C78-4228-8FAE-5BB5F91756B0.jpeg

0D7DB740-C26A-4E31-8596-C6D25E8263B8.jpeg

I am up for a run in August! I was just in the Mouth of the Huron area last weekend. Really good off road trails. I did get stuck and then my fuel pump died in while sitting in the swamp. I had to be winched out an 1/8th of a mile and then towed to L'Anse.

Really good weekend trip though.

20220610_144238.jpg

20220611_113421.jpg

20220611_120132.jpg

Great to see some WI trucks getting trail time.
Perhaps we should start a poll to see who is available on which dates? Any volunteers?

Tigerton OHV park in Tigerton, WI is also a good option.

Great to see some WI trucks getting trail time.
Perhaps we should start a poll to see who is available on which dates? Any volunteers?

Tigerton OHV park in Tigerton, WI is also a good option.

I agree. Ill see if MUD has a survey feature. I think it I have seen a survey tool.

My 80 has me a little peeved right now with a fuel pump efi type issue. Most of my time has been going to tracking down the problem with no luck.

For therapy I did this.....

I am ready for the trails again. I'll get that survey posted in the next few days.

20220626_182117.jpg

My 80 has me a little peeved right now with a fuel pump efi type issue. Most of my time has been going to tracking down the problem with no luck.

For therapy I did this.....

I am ready for the trails again. I'll get that survey posted in the next few days.

View attachment 3044088
Sharp looking! Look even better with some bigger tires and spacers. I added a roof rack to ours this week. And I think I talked the wife into bumbers and sliders.

60628.jpeg

The tires and rack look great! What tires did you go with and size?

You talked your wife into bumpers? Wow! I need some of those skills!

I really like the white 570s. Could find one with in 200 mi that worked for price/condition.

Looks sharp!

The tires and rack look great! What tires did you go with and size?

You talked your wife into bumpers? Wow! I need some of those skills!

I really like the white 570s. Could find one with in 200 mi that worked for price/condition.

Looks sharp!
275/60/20 Wildpeak AT3(Discount Tire) with 1 inch spacers. Had a bit of rubbing on mud flap but some trimming of the inside of that cured that quickly. I think 3/4 inch doscers probably would have stopped that from happening. Also a slight sensor lift. Love the look.

I was still living in Michigan when we wanted ours. Flew out to Omaha to pick it up. He had bought it out of Texas a year prior so zero rust. Paid about same as you got yours with 110k miles. We have the black interior which was a must for me.

Is the rack a prinsu rack? Any noise issues after install? I am really worried about the noise.

I am shopping for racks right now. I'll don't think I'll get anything before a trip this weekend but it would be nice to bring the paddle boards.

Is the rack a prinsu rack? Any noise issues after install? I am really worried about the noise.

I am shopping for racks right now. I'll don't think I'll get anything before a trip this weekend but it would be nice to bring the paddle boards.
It's from victory 4 x 4 which is located in Michigan. They had a sale (still do i think) right around tax season. Finally got to put it on last week. Went pretty smooth. Seems really solid.

Thanks Matthew! Have you tested to see if it is quiet yet?

Your purchase story is great! Sounds like you took the time to get exactly what you want. How many miles?

I am also going to buy some off road tires and wheels to put on when I want to run trails and don't want to take the 80 (if I can get it working). The sensor lift seems like a good way to go. So much for me to learn :) Mud is going to be my friend:)

Thanks Matthew! Have you tested to see if it is quiet yet?

Your purchase story is great! Sounds like you took the time to get exactly what you want. How many miles?

I am also going to buy some off road tires and wheels to put on when I want to run trails and don't want to take the 80 (if I can get it working). The sensor lift seems like a good way to go. So much for me to learn :) Mud is going to be my friend:)
That's a good question about noise. I'm trying to think of I've been on the Beltline with it since I put it on. Everything I read on them said noise was not an issue. I'll go up there and run it in the next day or two to confirm no noise.

I wanted the bigger tires for playing around in the dirt but didn't want to spend money on rims too after having just bought a house
so I stuck with the oem ones. I'd rather have an 18inch rim. Maybe next time it needs tires.

I looked at the rack and rear bumper from victory. Looks solid and a good price for both.

It is hard to decide what to do right now as I am still drunk from the purchase and mind-blowing good ride!

Maybe I should slow down and see if I can get my yakima bars to fit 🤔

I really don't need a rack except for the boards and they look so cool!

I'd say you can do a lot with the stock rack.
20201027_123024.jpg