Cottonland Picture of the Day Thread (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well after fuse box replacement and ecm repair the LS is now running. Was able to drive it into the shop for tear down/damage assessment. Frame rails are straight as the LS went under the Tahoe, was able to straighten the lower core support, driver side inner wheel well, passenger side core support and will be hitting up the salvage yard tomorrow for a replacement upper and driver side core support. No one local has a hood or fender so if any of y’all see one at your local yards let me know, has to be for an 04-06. Cant wait to get this one back on the road. It kept my family safe so it deserves a second chance. Going to take advantage of all of the new found room and replace the timing belt/water pump while it’s torn down.

CA0B81D9-609D-4200-BA51-ACBF4C4EE24F.jpeg

3FE going to a new home. The wench still does a little wenching...
20220614_195459.jpg

Ouch!

@BMThiker Rick, they do tours of that? That is the kind of thing I would geek out on. Looks like it is storing a good bit of water...

A lot of progress today. Drilled all of the spot welds from the smashed core support and donor core support and burned it in. Starting to look like a car again.

B9866433-FA64-4143-900F-4B293A6B406E.jpeg

@BMThiker Rick, they do tours of that? That is the kind of thing I would geek out on. Looks like it is storing a good bit of water...
That's also an optical illusion. The water line is at the dark part of the column. The rest below that is a reflection of ceiling. 10" of water in there.

Timing belt and water pump are now done. Waiting on a dummy water pump and belt tensioner. I think it’s safe to say the water pump was leaking.

886566DB-5A20-457F-BAC6-6888B4CEE922.jpeg

WindRock
20220618_114532.jpg

Happy Father's Day all.

20220618_120724.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom