Builds 71 Forty build - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up in the weeds as always at the end. Sorting out the one-wire alternator setup on the 62 alternator
9261D09E-EDA5-416B-BAE9-C7883A2DC34B.jpeg
197403CF-657E-49FD-BAF4-6BF7E08E6603.jpeg

Wired up the H4s, Dakota to this power bar.
2898875E-F212-4E1D-9DE4-8B46DB41B9E3.jpeg

Here are some close ups of the CCOT console brackets. One side is hard mounted to the passenger bracket. One side has a Wizard fab foot that rests in the hump

EABCB514-D5D9-418D-A0D3-35778B0E636D.jpeg
AA3D314A-CA24-4E54-9E97-3E69A9F44842.jpeg

Lines through the tub
C4803243-E73B-466D-8220-427C93AE4A91.jpeg

The lines come out right above the muffler so I double insulated them

63A82AB0-1255-4963-983E-D490201694E9.jpeg
4EDAFF7B-2109-4723-9373-82EA98EBD2CF.jpeg

I put these pressure gauges on all my trucks now. It really helps when troubleshooting
4BE4B956-9F61-466D-B0FF-9202F14458E7.jpeg

Fuel system ✔️

Ha! Where’s the red Toyota coolant mafia?!

(I like rust colored coolant BTW)

I’m back from a trip to pick up another cool 40 project and got my errands run then got on the 71 Forty this afternoon and started hacking my way though the punch list

Clutch Bled ✔️
Power Steering Bled ✔️
Starter Wired ✔️
One wire alternator wired ✔️

Now I’ve got to dig into the wiring. This thing is a big pile of gremlins.

Wiring is complete and turned out nice and clean but I got to find where all my issues are

Sniper won’t power up. (Edit I forgot to wire the switched 12v when I did the starter signal)

1/2 the lights are working. Fun stuff.

97241D13-1764-45D9-988B-3985B288DEC6.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m back from a trip to pick up another cool 40 project and got my errands run then got on the 71 Forty this afternoon and started hacking my way though the punch list

Clutch Bled ✔️
Power Steering Bled ✔️
Starter Wired ✔️
One wire alternator wired ✔️

Now I’ve got to dig into the wiring. This thing is a big pile of gremlins.

Wiring is complete and turned out nice and clean but I got to find where all my issues are

Sniper won’t power up. (Edit I forgot to wire the switched 12v when I did the starter signal)

1/2 the lights are working. Fun stuff.

View attachment 3035098

Righteous....

Got on this one again. Had to make some new wires for the fuel sending unit this am to keep the Dakota from screaming at me.

Loaded it up with 5 gallons of fuel and fired that mother up

Jesus what the hell is that noise?

I thought the fuel pump was screaming at me so I pulled the seat out and stuck my stethoscope on the pick up.

Nope.

Put seat back.

Put it down the line and the first place noise came from was the fitting with the fuel pressure gauge. I had another setup here for my next project.

Put that in.

Same.

Something is making the feed hard line sing to high heaven. I pulled it. Rebent the line. It stopped.

Then I launched into installing a 78 air cleaner on the 60 series valve cover.

More fun. The Wizard came by and made me a bracket for the front valve cover mount.

Anyway. Long day without a test drive. I’ll sort some things out in the morning and hopefully I’ll have some road videos tomorrow.

Close.

674E8C42-4746-40F2-8560-75CA206FC809.jpeg

Jesus what the hell is that noise?

I thought the fuel pump was screaming at me so I pulled the seat out and stuck my stethoscope on the pick up.

Nope.

Put seat back.

Put it down the line and the first place noise came from was the fitting with the fuel pressure gauge. I had another setup here for my next project.

Put that in.

Same.

Something is making the feed hard line sing to high heaven. I pulled it. Rebent the line. It stopped.

Then I launched into installing a 78 air cleaner on the 60 series valve cover.

More fun. The Wizard came by and made me a bracket for the front valve cover mount.

Anyway. Long day without a test drive. I’ll sort some things out in the morning and hopefully I’ll have some road videos tomorrow.

Close.

View attachment 3036028
I belive @Skreddy had nearly the same exact issue with his fuel line to his sniper recently. Pulled the tee and Schrader valve and it went away.

I belive @Skreddy had nearly the same exact issue with his fuel line to his sniper recently. Pulled the tee and Schrader valve and it went away.
Mine is actually the aluminum line separators I’m using. Don’t know if I have too many or what but it is super annoying. Working on a solution.

Mine is actually the aluminum line separators I’m using. Don’t know if I have too many or what but it is super annoying. Working on a solution.
I believe you’ve found the resonant frequency of the fuel pump. Just moving the separators to a different point should change the length of fuel line that is vibrating and lessen the noise. Rubber isolators on the clamps could help too.

I believe you’ve found the resonant frequency of the fuel pump. Just moving the separators to a different point should change the length of fuel line that is vibrating and lessen the noise. Rubber isolators on the clamps could help too.

Funny I have this exact setup on another truck in my shop. No noise. I’ll dicker with it a bit more but I’m not beyond putting insulated rubber lines in this thing and calling it good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom