Miata seat brackets to mount in my truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sterling

SILVER Star
Threads
I found some Miata seats for a decent price, other than me breaking out the mig/gas to fabricate the brackets need a solution.
The rails on the new seats vs. the existing are narrower.
Solutions? Any one have luck with off the shelf universal brackets that will fit for a1979 40?
Much appreciated.
miats seats.jpg

When I ran Toyota Tercel SR5 seats I used angle iron to make brackets. They worked well. The seats eventually deteriorated and I went back to 49 seats that were built 100x stronger.

For a 79 flat bar, a thin 1.5” channel, or rectangular tube would be the way I’d go. Just pay attention to the bottom seat cushion angle.

When I ran Toyota Tercel SR5 seats I used angle iron to make brackets. They worked well. The seats eventually deteriorated and I went back to 49 seats that were built 100x stronger.

For a 79 flat bar, a thin 1.5” channel, or rectangular tube would be the way I’d go. Just pay attention to the bottom seat cushion angle.
Does the seat on the left look even remotely stock for a 79 40?
The are adjustable and super comfy only reason for the new seats is less $ spent than a re- upholstry jobber.

TY.

maybe... does it have a metal plate on the back of the backrest?

Negative and also has a slide tray between your legs when you sit in passenger.Fire extinguisher has a home there.
Thanks for you .02.Thought I would ask, original 40 seats not in the cards right now.
Too bad them seats is 3 way adjustable and comfy as hell.

Negative and also has a slide tray between your legs when you sit in passenger.Fire extinguisher has a home there.
Thanks for you .02.Thought I would ask, original 40 seats not in the cards right now.
Too bad them seats is 3 way adjustable and comfy as hell.
How tall are the seat bases? I have Montero sport seats and they’re super comfy, but they’re a bit tall, I look through the top third of the windshield. Miata’s are pretty plentiful and would be easy enough to come by…

Thanks for the reply. The height of the bases are similar so I should be good. Already have the seats the bases are too far off to use the Miatas mounts.

Bump for any easier ideas than to fab up mounts? These seats are getting put in one way or another.
Thanks to @bikersmurf and @archie73 on their input so far.
Still curious about a universal seat bracket mount kit that would fit this application.

Gracias

I have Miata seats in my 69. Had to fab up a mounting solution. Let me know if you need any input for that, though I believe our base mounts will not be the same. Still, willing to help with photos, measurements or anything of that nature. Have a few good pics on IG @1_fj40_story
34299319-2019-4895-BAAA-6F61D09986E5_1_105_c.jpeg

Thanks for the reply @Elfman I may take you up on the kind offer.
Trying to wrap my head around what to fab and what to use from both seats to do what I want.

I have MR2 seats in my 79. I kept the factory sliders from the stock seats, removed the sliders from the MR2 seats, and made a square tube frame that bolts to the seats and bolts to the sliders.

I have Miata seats in my 69. Had to fab up a mounting solution. Let me know if you need any input for that, though I believe our base mounts will not be the same. Still, willing to help with photos, measurements or anything of that nature. Have a few good pics on IG @1_fj40_story
View attachment 3035693
Could you throw that info in my direction? I have a '74 and was planning on trying to fit Miata seats in it. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom