Events/Trails LCDC8 Official Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We're waiting on some final decisions from the Leadville Ranger District. The person we're working with there has been OOO for weeks due to illness and we can't finalize the trail schedule until we get our letter from those folks.

On the personal front, we recently moved from downtown San Jose to the Santa Cruz Mountains after 6+ months of home searching and fairly complicated move in May. The net effect here is that I finally have some more time to focus on the final round of prep for the event.

We did plan our route to Breck. We're going to meander throughout the SW and Four Corners area hitting some hot springs and maybe some monsoons and hit up some our favorite haunts in AZ and NM.
Congratulations on the move! Never easy and these days down right a full time endeavor. Have a great trip!

Looking for a VRBO, what area of Breck is good to stay near and will be near some land Cruisers?
I grabbed a little condo near Jefferson and ridge street.

Thanks Markuson, the Tesla head unit gives me the most worry. Definitely the most fiddly. The chatter I was wanting is any LCDC post. I literally check Mudd a couple times a day hoping someone posted something on the LCDC thread. I may need to get out more…
Tesla HU in and ready to go. Map download in progress...

Tesla Onx.jpg

I have been using mine for two years and the Gaia Top Maps work awesome. It is an Android and has Google maps as well

20220116_104555.jpg
IMG_0279.jpg
IMG_0282.jpg

The only quirk is sometimes on a hot day thee music player goes into a loop rather than the shuffle I have it set for. I just change it back to shuffle

My only gripe with these Android units is that it’s a bad copy of the UI that Tesla stopped using like 6 or 7 years ago 🤦‍♂️ They are frozen in time despite being able to get over the air updates.

My only gripe with these Android units is that it’s a bad copy of the UI that Tesla stopped using like 6 or 7 years ago 🤦‍♂️ They are frozen in time despite being able to get over the air updates.
As opposed to the bad UI that Toyota froze in time 14 years ago? ;)

True, they are not current technology, BUT they do bring the system in the 200 series forward 10 years :) at least in my 2014

And now back to LCDC

Guys,

We were one of the fortunate ones to get in on the LCDC 8 list and paid $200.00 donation, but just found out that due to personal reasons will not be able to attend.
Yesterday I had to cancel my reservation at Pine Ridge Condominiums.
Trying to be fair here and if someone wants it they can take over my place on the LCDC 8 list - not sure how to go about it
Maybe @indycole can help out in making this right?

I think there is an actual waiting list, and your slot would go back to the pool for the next person on the list.

I too had to cancel my reservation. I just changed jobs(started this week) and I don’t think it would be prudent of me to take off so soon, as well as all the time I would need to get the truck ready. I hope I cancelled in enough time that someone one the waitlist can take my spot.

I really hated canceling like this but I hope to join next year!

Guys,

We were one of the fortunate ones to get in on the LCDC 8 list and paid $200.00 donation, but just found out that due to personal reasons will not be able to attend.
Yesterday I had to cancel my reservation at Pine Ridge Condominiums.
Trying to be fair here and if someone wants it they can take over my place on the LCDC 8 list - not sure how to go about it
Maybe @indycole can help out in making this right?

We release waitlist tickets as cancellations come in. Would you mind PMing me your email address so I can look up your original registration and cancel it?

Hey @indycole any idea when trail selection/signup will be? I'm currently traveling and am afraid I'll miss the memo.

My plan is to send an email out this weekend with directions. Let's say a couple weeks from now we'll do the signups... that's about a month or so later than in the past but planning has been more complicated this year.

Fingers crossed I'm not driving back from Acadia the day trail sign up opens ;)

We release waitlist tickets as cancellations come in. Would you mind PMing me your email address so I can look up your original registration and cancel it?
Not sure how much the list has moved thus far but I still have my fingers crossed should an opening become available!! 🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom