What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting ready to head out for the Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride this weekend, have been in thrash mode on the car the last few days/ couple weeks to the point where wife's like "waaaah, you're already gone..." Sorry babe. I'm just trying to get stuff done.

Added:
  • White Knuckle Offroad sliders
  • Owl Expedition AHC-brackets for rock lights and the lights themselves (gotta wire these up real quick)
  • Light bar (same)
  • Ironman 4x4 recovery points
  • An ARB kinetic recovery strap
  • Hard and soft shackles
  • A hitch-mounted shackle for the back
  • Various camping bits and bobs because it's gonna be SO HOT.
    • Key: new Igloo rotomolded cooler, basically a poor-man's Yeti. Supposedly holds ice 7 days. We'll see.
  • Bought some tire deflators, but the air pump I bought got cancelled in shipment, so I'm not 150% sure if I'll bother. I might have to borrow someone else's pump, but I also don't want to be that guy, we'll see.
Maintenance:
  • I'm about to go out in the garage and vacuum-pressure-bleed the AHC system. I replaced globes a few weeks back and I am not SURE there's not an air bubble in. We'll see. If I find one/ some, the $30 tool was worth it.
  • A quick oil change before the road trip
What I didn't get to:
  • I got spring spacers for the rear to help ease down pressures on that side of the AHC, but it's <wiggles hand back and forth> OK without em for now. I just haven't managed to take the time to drop the rear axle down and get those in.
Overall it's been a pretty fun (and expensive) last couple weeks with the truck, lol. Hopefully ol Leisure Suit Larry the LX does good.

Getting ready to head out for the Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride this weekend, have been in thrash mode on the car the last few days/ couple weeks to the point where wife's like "waaaah, you're already gone..." Sorry babe. I'm just trying to get stuff done.

Added:
  • Owl Expedition AHC-brackets for rock lights and the lights themselves (gotta wire these up real quick)
  • Light bar (same)
  • Hard and soft shackles
    • Key: new Igloo rotomolded cooler, basically a poor-man's Yeti. Supposedly holds ice 7 days. We'll see.
  • Bought some tire deflators, but the air pump I bought got cancelled in shipment, so I'm not 150% sure if I'll bother. I might have to borrow someone else's pump, but I also don't want to be that guy, we'll see.
Maintenance:
  • I'm about to go out in the garage and vacuum-pressure-bleed the AHC system. I replaced globes a few weeks back and I am not SURE there's not an air bubble in. We'll see. If I find one/ some, the $30 tool was worth it.
What I didn't get to:
  • I got spring spacers for the rear to help ease down pressures on that side of the AHC, but it's <wiggles hand back and forth> OK without em for now. I just haven't managed to take the time to drop the rear axle down and get those in.
Overall it's been a pretty fun (and expensive) last couple weeks with the truck, lol. Hopefully ol Leisure Suit Larry the LX does good.
God speed! That's a good hit list for the trip prep. Is the ride at Windrock?
Also, which tool did you use to bleed the AHC?

Broken ground wire in drivers side door jamb boot. Nothing electrical in the door functioning, including power retracting mirror ecu. Ran new ground wire and soldered in. Dropped some speaker wire in too for posterity.
IMG_3208(2).jpg

God speed! That's a good hit list for the trip prep. Is the ride at Windrock?
Also, which tool did you use to bleed the AHC?

Yeah, ride's at Windrock. I haven't been (honestly this is my first time for anything like this), it's supposed to be a good time and I'll be with my local LC club, but it's hooooooooootttt. We'll deal.

This one:

Did find some air, think I got a good bit out. One corner in particular there was a bit of foaminess- I think I may have had some air way up by the rams or something and some of that got pulled out today where it hadn't come out before. I went three for four corners without making a mess, but I did lose about a half pint on one corner. Make sure the nozzle is securely on the nipple, lol. Ride seems a little better, lift to high goes faster.

Anyone interested in a LX600 for a measly $185k??

LC600.jpg

Last edited:

Added:
  • Light bar (same)
  • Hard and soft shackles
Maintenance:
What I didn't get to:
Regarding air, there are places in Windrock to air up (for sure at the campground check-in and possibly at the main store as well). It will just be a few dollars as they run on quarters. There is a group going up from Huntsville (H.O.T. South) as well. I am not going to make it to this ride, but you will have a blast.

Probably already rusty
What amazes me is you could take the difference between MSRP and that asking price, and still buy a '20 200 series...

Screenshot 2022-06-16 111220.jpg

Replacing some more rubber under my truck
20220616_131621.jpg

Been a busy few days but have been working to get a laundry list of deferred maintenance done on both of the running LX's. New ball joints and tie rod ends all around for the tan one and fixing a few odds and ends on Project250. Painted up the trailer hitch that I took off the parts truck since it was pretty rusty. Seriously enjoy driving Project250 as it drives very nice. I had to ditch my rock warrior wheels as all four of them were severely cracked on the inside bead. Went back to stock with some new 285/75/16 Yokohama Geolander AT's which I find to ride nice and quiet.

PXL_20220614_155434690.jpg

PXL_20220614_192319636.jpg

PXL_20220615_172524630.jpg

PXL_20220615_172548850.jpg

PXL_20220616_002257228.jpg

Yeah, ride's at Windrock. I haven't been (honestly this is my first time for anything like this), it's supposed to be a good time and I'll be with my local LC club, but it's hooooooooootttt. We'll deal.
There's plenty at windrock for every type of build. It sounds weird but Hibachi Pizza in town is pretty good if you're looking for a meal with some a/c. We BYOB and just don't make it obvious ...

Last edited:
Edit: Deleted post. Duplicate-sort of

Last edited:
Swapped out my factory swaybar links for some TT extended links. Saw they were on sale and figured why not? I ordered them Monday and they came today. Thats service. Also cut the old inner leaking bands off my CVs and put the McMaster-Carr worm bands. Hopefully they will stop slinging grease.
TT1.jpg

TT2.jpg

Swapped out my factory swaybar links for some TT extended links. Saw they were on sale and figured why not? I ordered them Monday and they came today. Thats service. Also cut the old inner leaking bands off my CVs and put the McMaster-Carr worm bands. Hopefully they will stop slinging grease.
View attachment 3035954

View attachment 3035958
I'm in need of these bits. Can u explain why extended links are needed? I know the links on my 05 are the stockers and seem to function as intended although they are worn and in need of replacement. Thanks in advance

I'm in need of these bits. Can u explain why extended links are needed? I know the links on my 05 are the stockers and seem to function as intended although they are worn and in need of replacement. Thanks in advance
Mine is 2.5 inches higher all around than stock. Extended links put the swaybar back in the stock location.

Mine is 2.5 inches higher all around than stock. Extended links put the swaybar back in the stock location.
As is mine, 2.5" lift. I wonder if the sway bars control better with this extension on the links. My 05 happens to be a heavy pig with front and rear bumpers and I'll take any additional control I can get. Did you notice a difference directly related to the additional length vs what may have just been fresh bushings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom