AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New product alert! We are happy to share our newest product, the 'Dedicated Kitchen'.

This robust and expansive product allows you to mount a fridge on top, store a stove or other shallow items in the middle and prepare food or set a drink (or twelve!) on the Slide Out Table below.

The Dedicated Kitchen includes three stages with a total of 89" of extension.

Stage 1 (fridge slide): This is intended to house commonly available fridges. The entire surface extends to provide access to your fridge outside of the vehicle. It has 36inch travel locking slides with proprietary Air Down Gear Up stainless steel ball detents to hold the slides firmly in place when deployed. Additionally, the detents sound awesome when being cycled; we haven't yet tired of hearing them! Tie-down provisions are included with 1/4" aluminum rails front and back, allowing common straps, brackets, etc. to secure your fridge to the system. The floor of this stage is made from textured HDPE and is impervious to liquids.

Stage 2 (stove tray): This is a low-profile tray that is intended to house a dual-burner stove. 30inches of travel on this stage provides great cooking space for your favorite camp stove. Proprietary stainless steel ball detents are used to help this stage stay both closed and open. The internal space is 32"x13.25" and accommodates most available camp stoves on the market. Height is 4.25". The floor is made from Richlite with a heat resistance up to 350F!

Stage 3 (slide out table): This is our existing slide out table slightly adapted to interface with the kitchen module. It is 13.75" wide with 23" of extension and made of Richlite with a heat resistance of 350F. This creates an additional work surface, which is hugely beneficial during meal prep, (and any time really!) providing a surface for plates, utensils, etc.

Purchase this Dedicated Kitchen as a standalone item or as an upgrade in place of one drawer in a Premier Package system. In either case, the Dedicated Kitchen mounts to our vehicle specific solid aluminum anchor bars

All of these stages can be used independently, you can use each one individually, extend the entire system out, or any combination as your needs dictate. We put together a video providing an overview of the system, linked below. Some of the pictures below are from a 4runner because it is the same system (and that happend to be our first customer!)

View attachment 2974280
View attachment 2974285

View attachment 2974288

View attachment 2974290
View attachment 2974291

Neato.

How does this work as an upgrade to a current Premier system? Does it come with the new top for the right drawer?

And would there be any way to use it part time, and still have the functionality of the extension over the second row at other times?

I’ll be in the market for drawers, these look like a great option. Are they lockable?
A lock could certainly be added to the side or face of the drawer or to a locking drawer lid, but we haven't standardized that as an option. We've talked to a lot of customers about that, but we normally end up at "no lock needed". We understand the desire for additional level of security, but generally locking the vehicle as a whole is more security than you'd get out of our lock approaches. The locking lid is the most likely offering we'd release. I did 95% of the CAD work on that and then got pulled away into more pressing requests.

The lid would probably add a couple hundred per drawer to the price tag.
Neato.

How does this work as an upgrade to a current Premier system? Does it come with the new top for the right drawer?

And would there be any way to use it part time, and still have the functionality of the extension over the second row at other times?

You essentially convert the full system to a 1/2 system and then bolt in the kitchen. We offer a kit for that conversion that contains a few stainless steel plates, new rear trim and the misc hardware needed (and dual anchor bars if you don't already have that mounting setup).

The sleepers are now all offered as 50-50 split, which works well with these kitchen setups. If you have an earlier system before we started that, we can provide those new 50/50 panels.

As far as converting from the kitchen to full and back, it's something we expect folks to be ok with doing a couple times per year if needed, but probably not something you'd want to do every month.

Let us know if that answers what you had in mind. Shoot us an email with your system specs and we can work out all you'd need to get the kitchen and 1/2 system squared away. info@airdowngearup.com

-Andy

We have seen more and more customers interested in our Seat-Delete kit, so I wanted to share a few pictures and a video we put together to describe our offering!

The concept is to allow the use of the sleeper with the 2nd row removed. We offer this in multiple width configurations: Full width, 50/50 and 60/40. The seat delete kit attaches to the platform structure, so it can be retro-fitted to existing systems. The kit can be bolted on without the need to uninstall the platform/drawers from the vehicle, which makes install/removal of the kit simple enough that you can reasonably swap it in/out for weekend trips as needed.

Here's a link to the video with more details:

20220503_122443.jpg

20220503_122606.jpg

20220503_120658.jpg

We have seen more and more customers interested in our Seat-Delete kit, so I wanted to share a few pictures and a video we put together to describe our offering!

The concept is to allow the use of the sleeper with the 2nd row removed. We offer this in multiple width configurations: Full width, 50/50 and 60/40. The seat delete kit attaches to the platform structure, so it can be retro-fitted to existing systems. The kit can be bolted on without the need to uninstall the platform/drawers from the vehicle, which makes install/removal of the kit simple enough that you can reasonably swap it in/out for weekend trips as needed.

View attachment 3002044

View attachment 3002045

View attachment 3002046

What is the height directly beneath the platform (not the footwell)?

Sure looks like a server rack rail system.

View attachment 3002044

View attachment 3002045

View attachment 3002046

This looks great! Other than the seat being heavy and cumbersome, what else is need to remove the seat? Do you just unplug the seat heater and ABS, unbolt the seat then pull it out?

Yes, remove plastic covers and unbolt. If you don't want an ABS light, you might want a resistor for the harness.

Yes, remove plastic covers and unbolt. If you don't want an ABS light, you might want a resistor for the harness.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm no electrician so I apologize for the dumb question but is a resister something that you can buy and plug and play? Or do you need to splice the resistor into the harness to add it on?

Yellow harness, there are only two wires in the connector, you jump (connect) them with the resistor.

You can buy them as kits, or you can just buy a resistor and bridge the connector. Both have been posted here on mud.

2.2 ohm 1/4 watt resistor - Rear seats - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rear-seats.349637/post-11459408 They are cheap. I bought a giant assortment box of resistors on Amazon for something like $10. If Radio Shack was still around they'd probably be $0.40.

Toyota Kit: Check Wire SRS 09843-18061

Lots of generic kits on ebay.

This one was posted here and supposedly also fits the 200: 4th-gen (2021-) Sienna: Removing 2nd-Row Seats - https://bradshacks.com/sienna-remove-seats/

Last edited:
Yellow harness, there are only two wires in the connector, you jump (connect) them with the resistor (installation is directional)

You can buy them as kits, or you can just buy a resistor and bridge the connector. Both have been posted here on mud.

2.2 ohm 1/4 watt resistor - Rear seats - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rear-seats.349637/post-11459408 They are cheap. I bought a giant assortment box of resistors on Amazon for something like $10. If Radio Shack was still around they'd probably be $0.40.

Toyota Kit: Check Wire SRS 09843-18061

Lots of generic kits on ebay.

This one was posted here and supposedly also fits the 200: 4th-gen (2021-) Sienna: Removing 2nd-Row Seats - https://bradshacks.com/sienna-remove-seats/
This is incredibly helpful, thank you for the detailed explanation with links!! @CharlieS

Bookmarking now for future reference!

Shop Update time! We are pushing hard to add manufacturing capacity here at Air Down Gear Up, doing everything we can to bring lead times down! We have been heavily investing in capital equipment, optimizing our operations, increasing inventory on hand and are currently in the process of hiring to improve lead times.

By far the most exciting piece of all of this is the new CNC we brought into the ADGU shop recently. This represents a colossal upgrade to our previous setup which is now dedicated to all of our metal work, further optimizing our work flow. The new CNC allows drastically faster throughput of parts, so we can spend more time packaging and getting you guys your systems!

We've also added a second Markforged 3D printer, adding further parts capacity to keep up with the new CNC. We keep both of our printers pretty busy turning out parts! It's very satisfying to walk into the shop in the morning to new parts that have been printed overnight.

It's been through the support of all our wonderful customers that we have been able to keep growing, we will forever be grateful to the 'Mud crowd and all our fellow enthusiasts!
20220524_112249 (1).jpg
20220615_075800.jpg
20220615_075918.jpg
20220615_075842.jpg

Shop Update time! We are pushing hard to add manufacturing capacity here at Air Down Gear Up, doing everything we can to bring lead times down! We have been heavily investing in capital equipment, optimizing our operations, increasing inventory on hand and are currently in the process of hiring to improve lead times.

By far the most exciting piece of all of this is the new CNC we brought into the ADGU shop recently. This represents a colossal upgrade to our previous setup which is now dedicated to all of our metal work, further optimizing our work flow. The new CNC allows drastically faster throughput of parts, so we can spend more time packaging and getting you guys your systems!

We've also added a second Markforged 3D printer, adding further parts capacity to keep up with the new CNC. We keep both of our printers pretty busy turning out parts! It's very satisfying to walk into the shop in the morning to new parts that have been printed overnight.

It's been through the support of all our wonderful customers that we have been able to keep growing, we will forever be grateful to the 'Mud crowd and all our fellow enthusiasts!View attachment 3035545View attachment 3035546View attachment 3035547View attachment 3035548
Congrats on the router! I've been running a shop sabre for 3+ years, so if you have any questions feel free. But you probably won't need to as their tech support is very good!

I routinely haul 2 bikes in the back of my 200 and cannot give up that space. Presently, I haul them in dedicated boxes to conserve space but would rather do a tray system because disassembling and reassembling a bike is a pain. This means I cannot do the full width platform unless one side is just a simple slider like you see the #VanLife bike tray build-outs. I want a sleeper system on the other side ...I suppose the 60 seat delete would be ideal as long as I can remove just the sleeper panel and put the 2nd row seat back without having to --essentially --take the entire system out. It would also be pretty cool if I could have the dedicated kitchen under the sleeper, but it looks like it was not made for that.

@Kyle Bell, Thoughts?

I routinely haul 2 bikes in the back of my 200 and cannot give up that space. Presently, I haul them in dedicated boxes to conserve space but would rather do a tray system because disassembling and reassembling a bike is a pain. This means I cannot do the full width platform unless one side is just a simple slider like you see the #VanLife bike tray build-outs. I want a sleeper system on the other side ...I suppose the 60 seat delete would be ideal as long as I can remove just the sleeper panel and put the 2nd row seat back without having to --essentially --take the entire system out. It would also be pretty cool if I could have the dedicated kitchen under the sleeper, but it looks like it was not made for that.

@Kyle Bell, Thoughts?
DM sent! Short answer is yes we would definitely like to work on something exactly like what you are describing! It's a vision we've been kicking around for a while now!

@Kyle Bell I started messing around with a solution to carry two bikes in the back of the 200 and it's actually quite a tricky problem. Firstly, bikes come in all shapes and sizes so the relative location of each attachment point has to be somewhat variable. Modern mountain bikes typically come with 800mm wide handlebars, so folks would probably want to turn those 90 degrees, but that makes the needed space longer and probably best suited for the passenger 40% side if one plans to keep any middle row seats in the car.

It might actually be more reasonable to just offer a low slide-out platform and let we cyclist sort out what works for our bikes. Might be kind of cool to have just enough height for a spartan kitchen slide-out and then folks can decide if they want a fridge, bikes or whatever on top.

@Kyle Bell I started messing around with a solution to carry two bikes in the back of the 200 and it's actually quite a tricky problem. Firstly, bikes come in all shapes and sizes so the relative location of each attachment point has to be somewhat variable. Modern mountain bikes typically come with 800mm wide handlebars, so folks would probably want to turn those 90 degrees, but that makes the needed space longer and probably best suited for the passenger 40% side if one plans to keep any middle row seats in the car.

It might actually be more reasonable to just offer a low slide-out platform and let we cyclist sort out what works for our bikes. Might be kind of cool to have just enough height for a spartan kitchen slide-out and then folks can decide if they want a fridge, bikes or whatever on top.

I can certainly understand that, the devil is always in the details! We end up fighting for every fraction of an inch on these systems. What you are describing is exactly what we have had in mind. We've had it earmarked as our 'utility tray' with the idea of being as low as structurally possible to accomodate.... whatever you'd want! Bikes, fridges, skis, etc. I suspect we could also embed some t-slot track to accmodate changing length/width needs, allowing the user to dial in exactly where they need a tie-down point or a place to mount something like a bike fork mount.

We are introducing a new material offering for the SS1 systems! The new material is a Richlite-clad Birch Plywood. We have been using Richlite on our Slide Out Table for a while now, and we absolutely love it. It has a beautiful matte black finish with a slight texture, similar to the feel of a heavy craft paper. It is water (and stain!), scratch and heat resistant; typically found as an industrial kitchen counter top. The Richlite is easy to clean up and wears in nicely.

This is a nice alternative to carpet, which can absorb odors, spills, dog hair, etc. and the Richlite provides even more durability than the prefinished birch on its own. Additionally, and perhaps most importantly, it looks amazing! We recently had a chance to install a full Richlite system into a 200 Heritage Edition, and couldn't be happier with how the system looks installed.

This is now our premium material choice and we are looking forward to building out more vehicles with this material!

20220624_121035 (1).jpg
20220624_121059.jpg
20220624_121024.jpg
20220628_080211.jpg

Wow! These just keep getting better. Ever try a thin coat of Osmo Polyx on the richlite? I use it on my cutting table. It leaves a nice clean satin finish when buffed out.

Andy, If you could throw the Richlite on my drawers for the install on Friday, that would be great :D Ugghh...this is exactly what I wanted. Ohh well.

That looks amazing!

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom