82 heater valve seized (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 82 toyota 4x4 has the heat stuck on...seems the plunger is frozen in place. From what I understand, there is no replacement valves available.
Anybody have any solutions, I dont want to try to force it too much and break it.
Thanks

It's likely rusted shut. Take it off the truck and try to move it. If it won't move, you can try soaking it in evap-o-rust or some other penetrant and gently trying to get it moving. I was able to do it with a couple of spares I have. If you can't get yours to work I may be able to help. Have you searched here for solutions? I seem to remember somebody had found a way to use the later model valve. Of course Toyota changed one of the hose connections between models. Good luck.

Here you go.

BAC4B692-EEAD-484C-BE1C-2B1E040CA60A.jpeg

9FB2B285-B023-478C-A9D0-336158546C3A.jpeg

You just need a u-bend to make it work.
Dorman 626-001 heater core bypass kit.

Nice! I knew there was a workaround. Thanks. Is this the 2nd gen valve?

Lube the cable and test the in-cab control unit for free movement as well. Had to replace the cable on the '81 project and soaked the controller in the ultrasonic to make it move freely.

Ended up replacing the heater hose from the firewall to the valve, the original was just a few inches short to make a solid connection. It was a bit swelled anyway so was probably time for a new one. New valve bolted right up and was an easy fix all around.
Lubed cable, controls are now smooth as butter...
20220618_184755.jpg