Warning about Cruiserparts.net...they only give store credit for returned parts and have a 25% restocking fee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody,

I just learned the hard way that cruiserparts.net only gives store credit for returned parts. In my recent thread on solving a gauge fuse issue, I went through the whole process of tearing my truck apart and tracking down the short circuit to find that it was inside the A/C amplifier computer. I was under a very tight time crunch and needed my truck up and running--it's my only vehicle currently--to get to Utah for graduations and playoff games. I went through the process of ordering replacement electronics components in an attempt to repair my shorted A/C amplifier and just to be certain I also ordered a used A/C amplifier from cruiserparts.net; that was the only one I could find. They charged me $660. I lucked out and I was able to repair my A/C amplifier and didn't need the one from cruiserparts.net.

Now I'm trying to return the unopened A/C amplifier from cruiserparts and the fine print on their return policy is that I will only be given store credit and it is only valid for a year from the original order date. It is there prerogative to set their return policies however they wish but they sure don't make it obvious that there's no way to return parts and get your money back. Even if I send it back, they are going to charge me $165 (25%) as a "restocking fee".

I just wanted to highlight that with everybody here so that you don't make the same mistake. Normally it's not a problem but I could really use the $660 bucks right about now. Know before you buy; lesson learned.

If anybody needs a working, used A/C amplifier for an FZJ80, PM me, I've got an extra one I don't need.

Cheers!

One more thing, their return policy says that electrical parts may not be returned at all.

Hi everybody,

I just learned the hard way that cruiserparts.net only gives store credit for returned parts. In my recent thread on solving a gauge fuse issue, I went through the whole process of tearing my truck apart and tracking down the short circuit to find that it was inside the A/C amplifier computer. I was under a very tight time crunch and needed my truck up and running--it's my only vehicle currently--to get to Utah for graduations and playoff games. I went through the process of ordering replacement electronics components in an attempt to repair my shorted A/C amplifier and just to be certain I also ordered a used A/C amplifier from cruiserparts.net; that was the only one I could find. They charged me $660. I lucked out and I was able to repair my A/C amplifier and didn't need the one from cruiserparts.net.

Now I'm trying to return the unopened A/C amplifier from cruiserparts and the fine print on their return policy is that I will only be given store credit and it is only valid for a year from the original order date. It is there prerogative to set their return policies however they wish but they sure don't make it obvious that there's no way to return parts and get your money back. Even if I send it back, they are going to charge me $165 (25%) as a "restocking fee".

I just wanted to highlight that with everybody here so that you don't make the same mistake. Normally it's not a problem but I could really use the $660 bucks right about now. Know before you buy; lesson learned.

If anybody needs a working, used A/C amplifier for an FZJ80, PM me, I've got an extra one I don't need.

Cheers!
Yup, made that mistake as well. Fuq that place!

I would honestly understand a business not taking returns on user electronic equipment at all. I very much understand a restocking fee, as this is a small retailer selling unique items to a niche market. But you entirely lost me at only offering store credit on top of those terms. Restocking fee should be sufficient compensation for the hassle.

How unusual...
They're only mentioned in the bad sellers forum like 700 times.

The goofy thing between both my dorked out ‘Yota’s — when people stop me or vice versa, few know of Mud.
I don’t FB but I hear there’s a decent Mud crew there too :meh:

But CP.net probably get a ton of customers since alot of people who don’t know Mud, most likely don’t check a BBB rating either. —Just a guess—

An AC amplifier is a complex electronic component. Most places don’t accept returns for electronic components.

I totally support a 25% "you ****ed up, not us fee"

I used them several times to buy clips and little stuff like that and always had a good experience.

Ordered hand throttle from them. Took 3 attempts and 3 separate shipments to get a complete order. Was glad that they worked to get things right.

I have only used cruiserparts a couple of times and never had a bad experience. They have poor communication skills though.

I don't get the store credit though. They should just send funds back plus restocking fee (if you are returning a product you didn't need anymore, not one that has an issue).

I have only used cruiserparts a couple of times and never had a bad experience. They have poor communication skills though.

I don't get the store credit though. They should just send funds back plus restocking fee (if you are returning a product you didn't need anymore, not one that has an issue).
You can cancel your order a minute after it has been placed, they will still charge you the 25% restocking fee.

How unusual...
They're only mentioned in the bad sellers forum like 700 times.
When I saw the title of this thread I had the thought that whoever the admin is of this area of Mud should create a subforum entirely of cruiserparts bad experiences, could literally write a novel with the ones alreayd on hand and yet people still show up with new tales of terror

One more thing, their return policy says that electrical parts may not be returned at all.
I used to work at a couple of very large auto parts chains and neither took any returns on electrical parts, unless it was being changed out under warranty (like an alternator or starter).

Customers would try to trouble shoot their issues by buying new parts, installing them, realizing that's not the issue then try to return it. We wouldn't take them back since there's no way to easily verify they've been shot or not, and no other customer would accept a used/installed part for the same price.

It's the industry standard.

I've waived restock fees if they used the money as store credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom