Builds FARM USE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up some bows tonight. They need work like everything else on this thing. I’m going to source some 1” tubing and fix both back legs.

FB8574CD-39B0-4F87-9795-B88B7FDB7D05.jpeg

0B1EFA1B-4C2A-4561-8404-43EDC87E045C.jpeg

Fabbed up lower rear bow corners. I decided not to cut and weld into place until I get the top. Secured with some hose clamps for now so at least it won’t fall down. Tried one more thing with the motor. Soaked all cylinders in seafoam for 3 days to see if it will free up the stuck rings. No seafoam magic this time still smokes like crazy.

D32C1D57-7F37-4E0C-AE28-72AE652A659C.jpeg

No bad noises, runs good. The oil now has a can of seafoam in it from leaking past the rings so I will run it like that see what happens.

I and a lot people have pulled the two head bolts to do the Jt outfitters power steering bracket. I’m on 13 years since done with no ill effects.

I have bled brakes several times now. I get good flow out of all bleeders with no air. You let truck sit for a couple minutes and pedal goes to floor. A couple pumps and good to go. Maybe bad new master cylinder? I don’t have any fluid coming out of the drums. I’m not loosing fluid?

My '76 has front disks...but it did take a bit of fiddling to get the rears adjusted (new shoes) to where I could get a good pedal feel. It would feel like a bleed issue, but getting them to snug up and seat eventually did the trick. I want to say the springs pull the shoes back a bit as it sits, giving that "air in the pedal" feel.

May be something else in your case though - I had a new master, new lines, new cylinders, new shoes.

Is there a residual valve in the master? Is there supposed to be one?

I’ve done about two heat cycles up to temp in driveway and still blows baby blue smoke everywhere! Exhaust manifold is blowing oil past gasket and carb base leaks some fuel. Might try to get this 2f running on a stand and see if it smokes. I’m loosing faith that this f engine is coming back like the ones on you tube!

5D97202D-4FD9-40C3-A6B6-2820B5F97273.jpeg

5A669D41-10E9-435D-B063-441A6B635EC7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom