June 18 - Black Mountain (Idyllwild area). (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This will be a day run with optional camping overnight on Saturday. Meet at IHOP Banning, 730 W. Ramsey Street, Banning, CA. Those who would like to do so, can join us for a 7:30 AM breakfast. After breakfast we can congregate in the parking lot to leave around 8:30 AM. Our trailhead (Hwy 243 & 4S01) is about 30 minutes from the IHOP.

TrailsOffRoad.com rates this as a "3" out of 10 difficulty level, so stock 4WD high clearance vehicles should be fine. Please check-in on this thread so the trail leader will know whom to expect on Saturday morning. Thanks, and hope to see you there!

This will be a day run with optional camping overnight on Saturday. Meet at IHOP Banning, 730 W. Ramsey Street, Banning, CA. Those who would like to do so, can join us for a 7:30 AM breakfast. After breakfast we can congregate in the parking lot to leave around 8:30 AM. Our trailhead (Hwy 243 & 4S01) is about 30 minutes from the IHOP.

TrailsOffRoad.com rates this as a "3" out of 10 difficulty level, so stock 4WD high clearance vehicles should be fine. Please check-in on this thread so the trail leader will know whom to expect on Saturday morning. Thanks, and hope to see you there!
Iam planning to attend this run. And may camp overnight as well. Sounds like good fun!
Marc

Marc, do you have a specific spot Id's?

Reason: might go up Friday am w. f/s overnight. I can snag a spot for the 2 nights. Plan to set up my basecamp tent (read involved) for both nights.
No specific camp site.
Marc

Bummer, Travis, we’ll miss you!

I believe I read of a fire somewhere up there.
The fire is in the Wrightwood area. Angeles national forest. Not even close proximity to Idyllwild area.

Marc

I'm looking forward to this run! Checking-in on this thread, so far, we have the following:

DirtyRice Joe
oc cruiser 97 (Marc)
Live To Ski (David)
brooksfj60 (Bob)
ki6bdb (Pablo)
Ttoner80 (Dat)
Rockys60 (Ron S.)
terra durus

From what Marc said, there may be several more who expressed interest at the June club meeting. For those of you on ham radios, let's use 146.535. See you Saturday!

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this run! Checking-in on this thread, so far, we have the following:

DirtyRice Joe
oc cruiser 97 (Marc)
Live To Ski (David)
brooksfj60 (Bob)
ki6bdb (Pablo)

From what Marc said, there may be several more who expressed interest at the June club meeting. For those of you on ham radios, let's use 146.535. See you Saturday!
Add Dat to this list

I'm passing on this trip and saving my gas money for July.

Bummer, we'll miss you both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom