1FZ engine building and blueprinting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not sure how to do that

Look at the top of the page you're on for the tab that says "Resources. It's about Here (See below the word about) V V V

1649617483455.png

I have been wondering about this build! What about the distributor and coil pack?

Shop around. Partsouq.com, amayama.com and burjauto.com have the cylinder head for significantly less.t n
Found some there
thanks
just not 100% sure on part numbers and it’s too much money to risk without being sure

No news but block is headed for machine shop, stay posted.
Just posted a review of Carhart seat and dash covers, Lseat leather covers, and LC Heaven seat cushions, which I just installed on my Baja rig.

Not really a part of my build thread but thought you all might be amused. I am in Baja and broke my muffler and a rear shock while out just driving along :).
Went to only muffler shop I could find here. They gave me a new muffler, a used but good shock, two new exhaust hangers, and also welded some hole I had in my down pipe. 3,500 pesos, about $175 USD. They did it all in an hour with no appointment and a busy shop!
However: they hung the muffler low, and the welds are a thing of beauty! :).
Oh well, as we say here; " It's Mexico". I will get it done proper when I tear it off. Can't complain for the price, and I don't go serious off road often. Sounds great!
1655323349352.jpeg

1655323371694.jpeg

Hi All
engine coming along but right now working on adapting a six speed automatic to the 1FZ block and transfer case.

Anyone, preferably in Chicago area, willing to lend me a 1FZ engine block with just crank, flexplate, and starter? Will pay rent if you help ship etc. I am in Canada but am having a shop build an adapter to adapt a 6 speed auto to the 1FZ and he needs it to model from. Very expensive to ship my stuff to USA
Thanks

Hi All
engine coming along but right now working on adapting a six speed automatic to the 1FZ block and transfer case.

Anyone, preferably in Chicago area, willing to lend me a 1FZ engine block with just crank, flexplate, and starter? Will pay rent if you help ship etc. I am in Canada but am having a shop build an adapter to adapt a 6 speed auto to the 1FZ and he needs it to model from. Very expensive to ship my stuff to USA
Thanks
ZF6 ? 6L80E ? I dream of having a ZF 8HP95 behind my 1FZ.

You’d think bellhousing dimensions would be available somewhere digitally . . .🤔

ZF6 ? 6L80E ? I dream of having a ZF 8HP95 behind my 1FZ.

You’d think bellhousing dimensions would be available somewhere digitally . . .🤔
I was thinking ZF earlier but 6R80 has a better controller available and I am told they will soon have one for the 10R80 10 speed. These are also cheaper and more available than the ZF. Actually it is based on the ZF ZF 6HP26 under license by Ford and GM, so esentially a ZF. Dimensions are available but crank centerline is more iimportant so need a block with crank in

Still looking for a 1FZ 105 coil pack cylinder head and intake manifold, any help would be aprecieted. Part numbers etc.
Thanks

If you already know LC Heaven (you bought seat cushions) just call Frank to get a head and intake.

I have 2 105-series 1FZ-FE engines from him. One in a fj40 with a Katzuma blower, and the second sitting at Mosley Motors waiting for a 5.2L stroke that will also have a TRD supercharger.

Mosley has a 1fz-fe that they’re building into a 5.2L 1fz-f (Frank found the manifold for me) for my FJ45LV, which is how I got turned onto this thread.

If you already know LC Heaven (you bought seat cushions) just call Frank to get a head and intake.

I have 2 105-series 1FZ-FE engines from him. One in a fj40 with a Katzuma blower, and the second sitting at Mosley Motors waiting for a 5.2L stroke that will also have a TRD supercharger.

Mosley has a 1fz-fe that they’re building into a 5.2L 1fz-f (Frank found the manifold for me) for my FJ45LV, which is how I got turned onto this thread.
I did try LC Heaven but they stopped communicating. I think I found someone in Saudi for the manifold. The head is available on Amyama and others. But thanks I will keep these in mind. Head seems easy, manifold not so much. Supposedly I have one coming, but we’ll see!

What crank brand and mm of stroke are you using for 5.2?

What crank brand and mm of stroke are you using for 5.2?

Brian Crower 101mm bore, 108mm stroke, 10:1 CR, ProHD I-Beam rods (780g each)

5191.7cc (316.8 ci)

The 2BBL sniper will only flow 580cfm so the motor will never run over 6000 rpm. IDK, maybe 7,500 is achievable if the VE is 0.8. Valve train is probably floating before then. LOL.

Two pics of the crank, one of the (non-stroked) coilpacked 1fz-fe I bought from LCH in my 1972 fj40 with the Katzuma (TRD) supercharger, and one of the FJ45LV that I’ll be putting the 5.2L 1fz-f into.

86883BA5-D0DD-427A-9B65-97FC857A612F.jpeg

0D2B25BD-01D4-422F-B3BB-E218F35D3282.jpeg

7D64CCAE-6A0A-4A56-BAE4-7B708048810C.jpeg

0563F5D6-4DAB-4AAF-B7BC-A8E50CF73215.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom