For Sale Denver, CO: 1993/Toyota/Land Cruiser VX HDJ-80R Turbo Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Hi All,

Listing at 30k

I'm looking to get some feedback on pricing my 93 80 series VX. It's a right-hand drive manual with 175k miles on the 4.2L 1HD-T engine, imported from the UK. This means that all of the instrumentation/panels are in english and MPH. When I picked it up, it needed some mechanical/restorative work that I had done:

Dobinsons Stock Height replacement suspension + steering dampener
5x Vision overland wheels
5x KO2 275/70R15s
4-core Aluminum Radiator (I couldn't get a new OEM, and it was easier to source the upgraded version from the Australian market)
24v Voltage Converter
2x New batteries
New transmission mount
New Clutch
replaced various LED lights with OEM versions
Turbo cleanout and inspection

I also added
ARB Front bumper (with plans for a winch + lights eventually, but nothing yet)
Curt class 3 hitch
Prinsu roof rack
BT Radio
Escape Gear VX Seat covers for all three rows - some of the best seat covers I've seen/had

Extras that I have for the planned restoration that would come with the vehicle:

2x oem turbo decals - bought these when I saw the small rust spots under the rear window and on the front fenders and planned on getting them fixed and repainting the vehicle
3x Oil filters + fuel filters - you can't get them local, so I ordered them in bulk from Australia.
Extra radiator - I ordered one from the distributor in Australia and they mistakenly sent me two, and it would cost more than the part's worth to ship it back so they told me to keep it.

Currently in CO, but it's time to renew my registration so I figured while I had a passing emissions test in hand I'd see what the market for it is - I had planned on doing a stock-plus restore/upgrades, so the suspension is stock height, and the tires are as close to stock size as I could get. It has the stock lockers, and it was used as my weekend ski trip/idaho springs lunch car so it's been a pavement princess.

The good:
I've had all of the work done by Lee Myles in Boulder, so if you are local to CO they know this vehicle and I've got the service records
Runs perfectly, starts immediately and runs great even when cold
the interior is in amazing condition - the seats are pristine, the header is super clean, and I've kept the seat covers on it so its in amazing shape.
Kept in my garage so I know there's no leaks
I have the CO DR 2365 (required paperwork from DOR inspection for emissions testing)
Passing CO emissions test

The bad:

There's some rust under the rear sliding windows, and under the front fender flares.
There's a minor dent in the rear tailgate that would need to be fixed.
The roof is pretty faded
The underside is in pretty good shape, aside from someone at some point trying to spray paint things black.
It's from the UK Market, so there's some idiosyncrasies to getting parts - The flywheel is 275mm instead of 300mm like the rest of the world, so sourcing a clutch was a 3+month process. I decided to keep the flywheel as is, but you could replace it with the 300mm version and make things easier down the road
For some unknowable reason, the UK Version did not come with AC.
ABS Light is on, and ABS does not work. Brakes still work fine, but on my to-do list

Other than that, it runs perfectly, passes emissions first try and is a blast to drive. I know that I won't be getting what I put into it back out, but wanted to get feedback on the pricing. I have a lot more pics that I can share, but it limits me to 5.

Thanks for the time!

04.jpeg

engine2.jpeg

int-mid-covers-2.jpeg

int-mid-nc.jpg

under-wheel-fr.jpeg

Last edited:
Last update post with the problem areas (Rust under flares and under rear windows)
rust-fender.jpeg

rust-fender-2.jpeg

rust-window.jpeg

rust-window-2.jpeg

Crack is Whack!

Adding some dash pics and updating the asking price to 27,000. Thanks!

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Update - The spare radiator has been sold. Thanks!

Hi there, yes it's still for sale! I've replaced the ABS speed sensors so there's no more ABS light. I've also reduced the price to 27k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom