FJ80 vs Jeep! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Frame is trashed, so they have totaled my FJ80. Trying to see about repair or just buy another one....

Frame is trashed, so they have totaled my FJ80. Trying to see about repair or just buy another one....
Is it visibly deformed or did they put it on a rack? Just curious how they determined…

Wow, I would be heartbroken. I'm really sorry to hear that. At least in CA you buy your own vehicle back as salvage, often times for far less than what they give you. I have always wanted an LS swap, and I'm assuming your rig is well sorted. I would do whatever I could to hold onto that one and fix it, if possible. Maybe you have other ideas, just sharing mine. Sorry for your loss.

I'm sure it is only the front section of the rails that are bent and the insurance co. won't risk the deal with fixing it. There may not be any frame shops left in the area that can pull a full frame vehicle, as most of the current stuff doesn't have that.

I cannot see that amount of damage exceeding the value.

Determine the value with comp's and see where it goes. If they are only valuing your truck at $6000, you can make a MUCH better case. They're trying to not pay out at all.

You need to jump all over your agent about this.

Read in here about insurance claims on these trucks and how folks approach them.

That looks pretty easily fixable. A insurance company will total a older vehicle with relatively little damage if you let them. Probably just the frame horn area needs work. Guy in my club just fixed some bent frame horns on a 40th anniversary cruiser he bought cheap.

Yes bought it back for $7500. Got paid out real nice on Mean green and have a new Cummins swap being delivered tomorrow as a replacement.

Yes bought it back for $7500. Got paid out real nice on Mean green and have a new Cummins swap being delivered tomorrow as a replacement.

Well glad its headed in the right direction!

How does that work out? You agree on a value well above $7500 and you get a check for the difference that makes it worth while?

How does that work out? You agree on a value well above $7500 and you get a check for the difference that makes it worth while?
Yep, got to keep Mean Green, then bought this mint Cummins swapped beast and have some cash in my pocket still. My rear 4x4 labs bumper is going onto the new rig. Win-win-win!

00404_9OHybgphtuDz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Yep, got to keep Mean Green, then bought this mint Cummins swapped beast and have some cash in my pocket still. My rear 4x4 labs bumper is going onto the new rig. Win-win-win!

Oh, wow. I misunderstood. I thought you meant you only got the damaged truck and some cash to hopefully fix it. That's a great deal and nice truck.

Did all of the work/expense you put into Mean Green factor into the insurance payout? I am impressed.

Oh, wow. I misunderstood. I thought you meant you only got the damaged truck and some cash to hopefully fix it. That's a great deal and nice truck.

Did all of the work/expense you put into Mean Green factor into the insurance payout? I am impressed.
Yes, provided them with my bill of sale from buying it and all my receipts for the work and parts. Other driver was 100% at fault, so his insurance company cut me. fat check!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom