Builds Shipwreck (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife wanted opening side windows for her JunK .... today was install day for one
mx6ipTSh.jpg

and yes, the window broke coming out
1vA7JGqh.jpg

she wanted complete removeable - so it's completely removeable...
kBfQ1JKh.jpg
1650255748961.gif

which 270 is that ? do you like it ? ( Nevermind, found it in the previous posts.)

which 270 is that ? do you like it ? ( Nevermind, found it in the previous posts.)
funny thing is I was looking for a 270 because I wanted something less howitzer then the 300... so I did the right thing and bought a 308 - I've never claimed to make sense....

Last edited:
Uhaul said nothing about flat towing :D
o3ir5DTh.jpg

it's new home
NN7JX6dh.jpg

just so y'all know I'm equal opportunity in my offending.
Told something that told me that "I'd be cutting the grass on the infield with that old car"... I brought my lawn mower.
FftcuwKh.jpg

motormouth was substantially slower :)

my new shop... substantially less trees too
srveK0ih.jpg

and yeah, new digs... we moved 300 miles east
4wvyjMoh.jpg

I read somewhere that most people die within 20 miles of where they were born. If I were to die here, I'd barely, I miss that statistic... this also means you'll be seeing pictures of wheeling new Walla Walla Washington.

Guess I still won't be selling my '40 ;) I cannot wait to snow wheel - this is where I got my love of all things 4x4 and where I learned (read, almost died) to wheel in the snow.

and I'm beyond happy getting away from Sodom on the Sound.

and finally, my wife's first words when we closed on this house.... "when you buying a forklift"... I love her :)

well shoot. you went and jumped east of me. I have been looking for a good excuse to go snow wheel the blues though. seems like some beautiful country.

Nice place. congratulations. Any fully finished pics of the JK dog palace ?

uhhhh..... are they ever fully done? I'll snap a few tonight, but it's not done, next up is drawer dividers and the 'other' side removable window... of course, that means find the parts and tools...

well shoot. you went and jumped east of me. I have been looking for a good excuse to go snow wheel the blues though. seems like some beautiful country.
above Walla Walla is some land owned by a railroad that is open for wheeling - I've heard that some access has been reduced, but soon, I'm going to go up and see for myself. that said, I'm 2 hours closer to Naches ;) (and Liberty)...

above Walla Walla is some land owned by a railroad that is open for wheeling - I've heard that some access has been reduced, but soon, I'm going to go up and see for myself. that said, I'm 2 hours closer to Naches ;) (and Liberty)...
and now you have to drive by my front yard if you want to wheel funnyrocks. ;) I need ot get my RV roof finished and make some road trips.

Congrats on the move and the new digs. I'm just west of Spokane in Medical Lake. I'm definitely slacking for dog riding in my vehicles compared to your wife's JK.

Final pictures - no, not final - pictures of the cage install. I have a 24v powered AC compressor that I'm installing when it arrives.... but for now, this is it (the AC compressor is going under the rear passenger seat)
the cage is dividable and holds 2 - 100 plus pound dogs. Last cage, I used lighter-duty glides, not this time, those are 400 lb glides....
hybM30ch.jpg

doors open with the divider in place
EgmqAEUh.jpg

control panel for the electrics, above it is the input for the solar panel on the roof
fgGyByHh.jpg

2 water sources, the bumper and the bottle on the back - getting that fitting to glue to the bottle was a challenge
0imM6yah.jpg

the seat (that will have the ac under it) - it folds to allow the door to be open to the cage and allow that pooch free range
5zWzzxyh.jpg

G9lxGqHh.jpg

other side, on the bottom is a space for a rescue pack and wet things, then two drawers (which are getting dividers), to the right of those drawers is the space for radios and changers, on top, medical bags
WRnOXkth.jpg

all the rear windows have expanded metal over the windows so that there's plenty of fresh air when stopped... also the foxwing awning covers the side and rear of the car.
WRnOXkth.jpg

front has HAM radio, and various light controls for the outside of the vehicle. Inside lights are controlled by the panel above
KNrCquTh.jpg

and there is the tour.... from here out, it will get a few refinements (such as better latches for the rear drawers).... but the only real change I'm making is I'll add another battery for 12v stuff and parallel the batteries under the floor so they can run the new a/c unit.

Final pictures - no, not final - pictures of the cage install. I have a 24v powered AC compressor that I'm installing when it arrives.... but for now, this is it (the AC compressor is going under the rear passenger seat)
the cage is dividable and holds 2 - 100 plus pound dogs. Last cage, I used lighter-duty glides, not this time, those are 400 lb glides....
hybM30ch.jpg

doors open with the divider in place
EgmqAEUh.jpg

control panel for the electrics, above it is the input for the solar panel on the roof
fgGyByHh.jpg

2 water sources, the bumper and the bottle on the back - getting that fitting to glue to the bottle was a challenge
0imM6yah.jpg

the seat (that will have the ac under it) - it folds to allow the door to be open to the cage and allow that pooch free range
5zWzzxyh.jpg

G9lxGqHh.jpg

other side, on the bottom is a space for a rescue pack and wet things, then two drawers (which are getting dividers), to the right of those drawers is the space for radios and changers, on top, medical bags
WRnOXkth.jpg

all the rear windows have expanded metal over the windows so that there's plenty of fresh air when stopped... also the foxwing awning covers the side and rear of the car.
WRnOXkth.jpg

front has HAM radio, and various light controls for the outside of the vehicle. Inside lights are controlled by the panel above
KNrCquTh.jpg

and there is the tour.... from here out, it will get a few refinements (such as better latches for the rear drawers).... but the only real change I'm making is I'll add another battery for 12v stuff and parallel the batteries under the floor so they can run the new a/c unit.
That is a great cage. I’m working on something similar on my 40 for security reasons. Great thinking!

Tonight, started on the lift
first, use your crane to set the uprights in place
DJBaIxLh.jpg

so, joking aside, siting is the biggest challenge. Here it's square to the door
xBTOfIgh.jpg

that doesn't work because it crowds the driver's side and really limits length
not just that but it puts one of the uprights about middle of the rear door
next step... 'draw' a straight line to the rear door
LsXkDguh.jpg

move cars and tape mark the floor
pddSydGh.jpg

move stunt suburban into place
VwvSPIch.jpg

both sides have plenty of room for activities - all while keeping the right post out of the way
uoNhijFh.jpg

Next up, fix the bent cross brace (I guess you can't pick the lift up with it.... ah well)

the drill the floor for bolts. I might move it back a little bit - but even as I type this, I think "no"... it seems like you never have enough room around the lift, so keeping that clear is likely going to be the answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom