Ring and Pinion Sets for 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
capeq.com
HI All,

Looking to re-gear to 4.88s on my 100

There seem to be quite a few sets out there- any to avoid in particular, or any particular to buy? is it like buying CVs the more you pay the stronger they are?

I've used about every brand over the years. can't say any one is better than the other. now I'm a Nitro Rep so that's my go too but buy others if somethign isn't available and don't want to wait.

Nitro is really the only option for 100 series Toyota 4.88's; FYI-availability was awful 6 months ago- maybe better now- IDK

Cool haven't seen those - hmm Made in Korea- same origin as Nitro. Interesting.

But let me rephrase: Nitro used to be the best - proven option as far as the ring & pinion goes for Toyota. The master install kits used to feature Koyo bearings solid spacer for the rear crush on front- but came with NON oem diff seals and those tend to leak. That was all before they were sold and I can't speak to the quality of components today if there's been any changes in sourcing etc.YMMV

Actually there is also this.
I'm just waiting for someone else to use them and give us a review. :)

Have around 10k miles on a set, they seem...fine? Nothing weird/wild on the drain plugs when the fluid was changed.

Nitro were unobtanium when I was looking. I got everything from ECGS and was a little pissed they sent Revolution instead of what I added to cart (they used a Nitro picture on the listing), but got a good enough deal on it around Christmas last year that I just stuffed them in.

Cool haven't seen those - hmm Made in Korea- same origin as Nitro. Interesting.

But let me rephrase: Nitro used to be the best - proven option as far as the ring & pinion goes for Toyota. The master install kits used to feature Koyo bearings solid spacer for the rear crush on front- but came with NON oem diff seals and those tend to leak. That was all before they were sold and I can't speak to the quality of components today if there's been any changes in sourcing etc.YMMV

All of this. Especially about the diff seals, get OEM.

Interesting that ECGS didn’t let you know of the product change-

I waited 6 months for Nitro’s through ECGS and finally got them in Feb- I took them my diffs and they did the set up. I was told they had another option but I didn’t want to experiment and waited for the nitro’s.

I will say that If ECGS is offering Revolution gear- they must be allright because afik they don’t have a reputation for selling or installing junk products. I found them to be very straight good business.

Have around 10k miles on a set, they seem...fine? Nothing weird/wild on the drain plugs when the fluid was changed.

Nitro were unobtanium when I was looking. I got everything from ECGS and was a little pissed they sent Revolution instead of what I added to cart (they used a Nitro picture on the listing), but got a good enough deal on it around Christmas last year that I just stuffed them in.
Did it require a special yoke like the Nitro gears do?

Did it require a special yoke like the Nitro gears do?

Nope, same spline count as stock. It's fewer splines than the Nitro. I got a new one anyway though.

Thanks All,

Whats ECGS?

Might give the revolution gears a go (thanks for the heads up- i hadn't come across those) - the gear sets are pretty chunky, so you've got to work had to break one and to be honest the GBP/USD rate is really bad for us at the moment, so savings on the price is a big help!

Thanks All,

Whats ECGS?

Might give the revolution gears a go (thanks for the heads up- i hadn't come across those) - the gear sets are pretty chunky, so you've got to work had to break one and to be honest the GBP/USD rate is really bad for us at the moment, so savings on the price is a big help!

Sorry. East Coast Gear Supply, here in the states.

I've been waiting 4 months and there are still on backorder Yukon Nitro and a couple Other brands does anybody have a 9 and a 1/2 kit with threaded bolts 1999 landcruiser..!!!help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom