Cottonland Picture of the Day Thread (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Parts store probably does not have Time-sert brand. I've had luck with ebay.

Other option is a new aftermarket complete cylinder head is a mere $260 on Amazon

Time sert kit will set you back $100 or so. Used them a lot on the Ford 2v Triton motors while at the dealership. Hell I’ve installed a few in our shop LX470 with 460k miles. Tool will work but cylinder #4 can be a tricky tricky one to repair. If you do go that route dip the tap in wheel bearing grease so that it will catch the shavings. Take your time and make sure the tap stays straight. Be sure to lock the time sert in when you’re done so that it doesn’t come out with the spark plug the next time.

783C2ADE-3249-4581-8A89-D4B211941341.png

Save your money and JB weld it in there. You will sell it before the plugs go bad

2000*F+ not to mention the force exerted on power stroke (1000+psi) JB weld will only be temporary.

Found a heli-coil branded insert for plugs. Its not a helicoil with the little tang, but was a threaded sleeve with barb on it that you have to "set" with an included tool. Had a reemer tap thing and I got it in and seems to be good for now.

Front seal is leaking and the oil pan has been I to and shoddily put back on. Drips all over the floor. Whole thing needs to be revealed or replaced.

I have a complete performance head with mild cam in the garage from 22REperformance that was going on my mini before I got sidetracked. Plan is to pull my shortblock out and build it with the head and all these other bits I've accumulated. Then I'll pull the old motor and swap it in.

2000*F+ not to mention the force exerted on power stroke (1000+psi) JB weld will only be temporary.
Dude. I’m kidding. But did you see where jynx said he got sidetracked??

Dude. I’m kidding. But did you see where jynx said he got sidetracked??
Oh I was totally ready to go get some JB and glue the pisser in there forever... then I calmed down and thought about it for a minute.

Just was not expecting that while doing a basic plug job. I never had an issue on my 22re, but am learning that most don't care. Cram it in and onto the next one.

I just can't not do that anymore.

Operation repair/replace smashed fuse box is underway. Too bad Toyota didn’t put plug in connectors under the fuse box. I have to un-pin each wire 1 by 1 and swap them to the replacement box.

7D6F0BF7-CE85-4827-B2F3-8E94F2849849.jpeg

chrome 60 wheels FTW

IMG957741.jpg

Moonrise before the moon’s setting on OGB’s camp.
4D586E71-9519-4EBF-9E49-C0822A586B71.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom