Glitter Gulch Gambol Archaeology (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think we have all heard how the BLM killed this event through regulatory demands and this thread isn’t a suggestion of trying to revive it; although it would be interesting to call the BLM to see if the politics have changed.

What I’m looking for is just all of the information. The directions from Mesquite to the camp site. The trail maps for the various runs. I’ve read the old threads and seen references to Cabin Canyon, Elbow Canyon, and Rock-a-billy. I’ve tried every trick on the internet to find copies of the old maps from the (now defunct) snlc.org website but they are all PDF files (snlc.org is available for purchase - Sedo.com - http://www.snlc.org/GGGMap.pdf) and internet archives don’t usually store those.

Maybe some of the people on here who were at the event 15 years ago still have the files or remember the trails? @MaddBaggins @Hulk @Mace @JDay @offrd63 @hammerhead

I was thinking about trying to run some of the trails before it gets too hot at night to sleep.

I remember a road headed east out of mesquite. Seems like we crossed the valley to some foot hills, then up a wash out section.
I have it marked on some old blm maps somewhere.

I remember a road headed east out of mesquite. Seems like we crossed the valley to some foot hills, then up a wash out section.
I have it marked on some old blm maps somewhere.
It would be great if you could find those maps.

I'll see if I can find them, I've moved 5 times since then.
I'm sure Mesquite has changed alot in 15 years. Just like everywhere. The place i was referring to is were the GGG was on the last two years that the event was held. There must be a bunch of places that it was held over all those years

If you head south from Mesquite towards the water tanks you can get to the last gambol campsite. Head up into the hills and you will see a TON of trails. I have not personally been up there in a while, but we managed to reclaim some of the road when a landslide killed it.
1655157530497.png
1655157558727.png

Just a FYI, some of those trails are not nice to wagons..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom