What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went to a meetup. Parked it next to some great-grandkids.

Also pup went for a ride.
IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

Last edited:
Solid Axle Summit video from last year.

Added a roll-bar storage option.

I lifted this idea from another MUD member who was using it as a tailgate when trekking around topless. I've been looking for ideas to store small items IE Beach gear, fishing rods and other items I wanted up off of the deck. I've rode tested it around the "compound" a few times and it seems to work for the intended purpose. Easy to remove, store and re-deploy.

View attachment 3032858
This is a great idea. Got a link?

Finally got the drivers side defroster vent back into a mostly round form and installed new replacement heater ducts from the heater to those vents. Since I had to take the gauge cluster out to get enough access to the drivers windshield metal defrost vent to be able to fix it I decided I’m going to try taking the odometer apart since my speedometer works fine (I think) but only the 10ths of a mile odometer wheel changes. I could buy an aftermarket but I’m going to try fixing mine first.

Added a 4Plus U-bolt flip kit to the front and rear. If anyone sees a problem, particularly with regard to the routing of brake lines, please let me know so that I can fix. Also, please let me know if I need to cut off the excess U-bolts that are sticking up toward the stops.
Thank you.

06.14.2022.U-bolt flip.1.jpg

06.14.2022.U-bolt flip.2.jpg

06.14.2022.U-bolt flip.4.jpg

06.14.2022.U-bolt flip.5.jpg

Added a 4Plus U-bolt flip kit to the front and rear. If anyone sees a problem, particularly with regard to the routing of brake lines, please let me know so that I can fix. Also, please let me know if I need to cut off the excess U-bolts that are sticking up toward the stops.
Thank you.

View attachment 3033952

View attachment 3033953

View attachment 3033955

View attachment 3033956

Jack up the axle and see if the bump stop hits before the u-bolts, if the u-bolts hit the frame before the bump stop, cut :) Otherwise I'd cut for tidiness.

Something NEW and NOS and Wicked this way comes …

A complete all matching and mating OEM parts :

- nos genuine NipponDenso ignition coil w / ballast resister that will include a OEM zinc plated mounting bracket correct hole spacing for the 2 included 12 mm hex OEM bolts inner fender or cylinder head upside down old skool purist optional mounting method

- a MED cap genuine NipponDenso Vacuum advance Distributer

- OEM Yazaki store brand plug wires set that comes with the longest possible coil wire made today I can possibly find long enough to reach a inner fender mounted coil on it’s included. OEM mounting bracket on a
FJ55 , this 55 distance is approx 4 inches longer from dizzy cap to coil itself then a FJ60

So all bases are covered including a 3F equiped FJ60 or 62 from the non-USA far. Away for example …

U can still mount the coil on the side of the rear RH cylinder head too if your old. sKool ….no worries there

- lastly , I personally hand craft in-house the included sub harness , ENGINE Wire No. 3 sub. Assy / or in English a 3 wires sub harness with all correct mating and matching plug and play OEM Japan connectors and ring terminals and rubber Arctic 🥶 Spec. / Frigid Zone / cold climate region boots …

- the dizzy comes with the updated clamp and it’s disc. / NLA unique short 12mm double lock and ring washers SeMs bolt

- if i overlooked. a needed. / required any possible related install parts feature please let me know , in all tue TEq excitment of finally being able to bring my version of a complete new / nos ignition system to the table

Well maybe I forgot a screw here. …or clip 🤣

It’s only going to get better on what we do to and with our land cruisers this week !

It’s simple , it’s all OEM or it’s go home …

More. To come in the upcoming stand alone tech thread

4C3EED51-62FE-4D48-962A-3D11C7F3445F.jpeg
DF8ACDFB-15AF-4509-8F81-D8EFB172FE81.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom