Winch/battery cutoff switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
Some posts on here have made me rethink having power to the winch all the time, and I've had a manual cutoff switch from Comeup on the shelf for like a year, so I finally installed it. My brackets are pretty agricultural compared to what a lot of you all do, but I think they'll get the job done. The other thing to the left is a breather for my diffs. I have room for another on the same bracket - the holes for my cutoff switch bracket are the right spacing for a breather. There is a sheet of hdpe in there to insulate the bracket from inadvertent contact with the switch terminals. I need to get silicone boots to fit the terminals too. The ones I have on hand are too small.

DEB70BB1-2854-4B78-9A11-A1E4F0363651.jpeg

777477FE-DE05-47F2-9208-BCE16EB3705B.jpeg

What does that do? On/off power to the winch?

Yes, it mechanically cuts off the 12v+ to the winch.

That looks great, not ag spec at all. I used a small Blue Sea cutoff switch under the hood for the winch on my 80 Series. I do think it's a prudent idea.

Some posts on here have made me rethink having power to the winch all the time, and I've had a manual cutoff switch from Comeup on the shelf for like a year, so I finally installed it. My brackets are pretty agricultural compared to what a lot of you all do, but I think they'll get the job done. The other thing to the left is a breather for my diffs. I have room for another on the same bracket - the holes for my cutoff switch bracket are the right spacing for a breather. There is a sheet of hdpe in there to insulate the bracket from inadvertent contact with the switch terminals. I need to get silicone boots to fit the terminals too. The ones I have on hand are too small.

View attachment 3032262
View attachment 3032263
I have the exact same switch, mine is mounted up front under the plastic radiator cover. I used some silicone rubber tape that I had on hand to cover the terminals. No problems to date.

Amazon product ASIN B00K5GW67O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom