Anyone heard anything on LX600? (USA) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Meh. There’s a line of people who will buy ahead of someone whose sad they didn’t get a call. Dealers know this.
So we have a deviating opinion on how people should be treated when spending $100k on a vehicle, to each his/her/their own. Moving on…

Anyone else deciding to shop for a different vehicle or just stop shopping for a while, in light of the price gouging and lack of inventory on the LX600?

We are going to hang on to our current stable of vehicles, I just don’t want to contribute to what dealers are doing with markup. I’m a little tempted by the new Sequoia TRD PRO, but feel like that one is primed to get a lot of dealer markup also. 🤔

So we have a deviating opinion on how people should be treated when spending $100k on a vehicle, to each his/her/their own. Moving on…

Anyone else deciding to shop for a different vehicle or just stop shopping for a while, in light of the price gouging and lack of inventory on the LX600?

We are going to hang on to our current stable of vehicles, I just don’t want to contribute to what dealers are doing with markup. I’m a little tempted by the new Sequoia TRD PRO, but feel like that one is primed to get a lot of dealer markup also. 🤔
I love land cruisers but I'd be hard pressed not to cross shop the new Sequoia TRD Pro too if I was looking.

Getting my lx570 and wife's gx460 serviced 90K and 60K respectively.

I Looked at Tundra and Sequoia, not me, like current stable better. I do have a reservation for Ford 150 Lightning I may get to convert into an order in a year or two based on low build volume compared to high # reservations.

Putting a note on my calendar for 2022 off lease LX600 shopping in the summer of 2025.

You should try shopping $100k Toyotas a la Land Cruiser at a Toyota dealer. 😂

lets not get into squabbling here over opinions and different perspectives.

If there were not EV trucks in the pipeline I’d be excited about the LX 600. For me it is a no way, keeping my ‘13 LX until I can get an at least 400 mile EV replacement. I’m on the list for a CT and Rivian, also hoping Ford does an EV Raptor.

If there were not EV trucks in the pipeline

D2AAD213-9C57-4BFA-990B-91A5C6FCE94F.jpeg

So you think every single internal combustion engine going extinct? So every single motorcycle, blower, weedeater, tractor, mower, bull dozer, earth mover, semi truck, prop plane, truck car, 4 wheeler, side by side… Do I need to go on? Welding machine, air compressor etc etc. No more internal combustion engine on the whole planet? Not sure where all that power is going to come from to power all that and power everything else. And where are all the batteries coming from. If everyone thinks we are running out of oil I wonder if we will run out of elements to make all those batteries to power EVERYTHING. They are already trying to shut down coal and nuclear power plants. Is solar going to be able to power every single vehicle on the planet plus the power grid? They are already talking about rolling blackouts in the US this summer. Just curious before I get rid of my internal combustion engine. At least not in our lifetime. We will probably have to go back to horse and buggy before everything is electric

So you think every single internal combustion engine going extinct? So every single motorcycle, blower, weedeater, tractor, mower, bull dozer, earth mover, semi truck, prop plane, truck car, 4 wheeler, side by side… Do I need to go on? Welding machine, air compressor etc etc. No more internal combustion engine on the whole planet? Not sure where all that power is going to come from to power all that and power everything else. And where are all the batteries coming from. If everyone thinks we are running out of oil I wonder if we will run out of elements to make all those batteries to power EVERYTHING. They are already trying to shut down coal and nuclear power plants. Is solar going to be able to power every single vehicle on the planet plus the power grid? They are already talking about rolling blackouts in the US this summer. Just curious before I get rid of my internal combustion engine. At least not in our lifetime. We will probably have to go back to horse and buggy before everything is electric
We aren't running out of oil any more than the Stone Age man ran out of rocks. Its just getting to the point we wont need oil for much of anything in a decade or so. And thank god - this modern civilization wont last if we keep burning it.

All that being said, i most likely will wait for the LX750h hybrid. Mid 20’s on the city and highway loop? Yes please !

Still asking where is the power going to come from to power every single electric motor that’s going to be converted from fuel to electric plus every thing already on the grid if they are shutting down coal and nuclear?

Still asking where is the power going to come from to power every single electric motor that’s going to be converted from fuel to electric plus every thing already on the grid if they are shutting down coal and nuclear?
Okay I’m not really trying to go down the rabbit hole of ICE vs EV, but I think it’s interesting in terms of LX vs Sequoia. Personally, I’m worried about what happens when your (hybrid or EV) battery loses it’s useful capacity. There are plenty of stories of people just throwing away their Teslas because it will cost too much to replace the battery. That causes a different kind of environmental problem.

I kind of think that is why the LX600 is “old fashioned” ICE only, for now anyhow. Is there another vehicle on the planet that is better known for indestructible reliability? I think a LX600 with 200k miles in 15 years will be worth way more than a Sequoia with equal mileage/life. I have to admit that I’m loving 90% of what I see in the new Sequoia, but it’ll never be a Land Cruiser (or LX).

But I see the argument for how much the driver will save in gas makes up for it. And at least it can still get around with the power of the ICE once the battery becomes several hundred pounds of useless mass.

I’m really not anti EV, though I sure sound like it. I just like things that are reliable and proven. There are no perfect answers in this world! So no judgement here.

Okay I’m not really trying to go down the rabbit hole of ICE vs EV, but I think it’s interesting in terms of LX vs Sequoia. Personally, I’m worried about what happens when your (hybrid or EV) battery loses it’s useful capacity. There are plenty of stories of people just throwing away their Teslas because it will cost too much to replace the battery. That causes a different kind of environmental problem.

I kind of think that is why the LX600 is “old fashioned” ICE only, for now anyhow. Is there another vehicle on the planet that is better known for indestructible reliability? I think a LX600 with 200k miles in 15 years will be worth way more than a Sequoia with equal mileage/life. I have to admit that I’m loving 90% of what I see in the new Sequoia, but it’ll never be a Land Cruiser (or LX).

But I see the argument for how much the driver will save in gas makes up for it. And at least it can still get around with the power of the ICE once the battery becomes several hundred pounds of useless mass.

I’m really not anti EV, though I sure sound like it. I just like things that are reliable and proven. There are no perfect answers in this world! So no judgement here.
If you want “old fashion” and reliability why not look for a low mileage 200 series? Find a nice 2020 LX570? Fulfills your need for ICE and a tried and true proven platform.

If you want “old fashion” and reliability why not look for a low mileage 200 series? Find a nice 2020 LX570? Fulfills your need for ICE and a tried and true proven platform.
I’m actually happy with what’s in the stable currently, which includes a 2010 LX570. I’d buy the LX600 that I ordered in January at MSRP though! I’m not down on the vehicle at all, this is just a lousy time in the world for buying fun things. I’m not really looking to put up a fight to pay above MSRP for anything right now. I’m cool with it if that means I won’t be buying anything for a while. Once people stop paying above MSRP, the dealers will stop charging it. I get that some people want to pay extra to have the thing that is hard to get, they can have it.

8 years and 2 teslas, only time I drive my LX is when towing or off-roading. I’ve also sold both my 4 stroke sthil string trimmers, 2 of my 3 stihl (kept the 25” 462 for now) chainsaws, Honda snow thrower, and one of my Honda generators. Waiting on the electric mower I ordered to sell my Honda. Replaced each one with electric which every electric tool works better, easier, quieter, then the gas I sold. I have 7kw of solar on my house and 1.2kw solar on my camper and can charge most of it entirely off the sun. Also I’m in Alaska where we get long, dark winters, tons of snow (I skied last weekend), 3/4 acre of grass on a hillside, camp off grid most weekends, and have no supercharging infrastructure.

Will internal combustion become extinct in the near future, no. But the transition will happen faster then you think.

Last edited:
So being an engineer in space business I keep up on batteries as they are similar for spacecraft. New technologies continue to make batteries more robust power wise and longer lasting. Think back when stuff was powered by Nicads. My old camper had an AGM and I now have Lithium batteries that are more capable and will last much longer

To assume that battery technology or the materials required to make them will remain the same isn't supported by history. Heck I have seen Transistor size shrink in half every year and that is why your cell phone is more powerful than the large computers that sent Apollo to the moon

Current batteries can be recycled for materials and reused in new batteries

Solar Panels are improving to the point I just installed Solar in my House along with 32kW of batteries.

They are making strides in the generation of Fusion power and once they crack that code, there will be tremendous more power available to the Grid

I wouldn't base things in 10 years on current technology. The first iphone debuted 15 years ago as an example

Ok I agree you can’t compare technology down the road. Here is one big issue and example I have with electric. I love to wakeboard and wake surf. It would be awesome to glide across the water silently while I surf or board. One electric wakeboat on the market price tag is $312,000. It runs 2-3 hours on a charge then takes 10 hours to charge on ac. 4 hours dc and 1.5 hours on a super charger. It takes me what maybe 5-10 minutes to fuel up my boat and we can go all day long. If I get low pulling the kids on the tube at higher speeds I run to the marina top up a little then we can run into the evening. I’d love to be able to buy an electric boat for around $80,000-$100,000 and it charge in 5 minutes and last me all day. Same with my fleet of trucks and equipment. Fuel is killing me now but I’m passing it on to the customer. It’s got to be able to run all day and take about 5-10 minutes to charge when I get low. That’s one huge drawback for me. I want to get in whatever vehicle and drive 300 miles or boat all day and take 5 minutes and be back at it. Will that be possible for everyone in the future on demand 5-10 minute charging? For everyone on the planet that currently has a internal combustion engines they depend on? Just thoughts. I’ll be dead in 50 years so don’t really want to be waiting around for an hour and a half to charge my boat! 😂

Ok I agree you can’t compare technology down the road. Here is one big issue and example I have with electric. I love to wakeboard and wake surf. It would be awesome to glide across the water silently while I surf or board. One electric wakeboat on the market price tag is $312,000. It runs 2-3 hours on a charge then takes 10 hours to charge on ac. 4 hours dc and 1.5 hours on a super charger. It takes me what maybe 5-10 minutes to fuel up my boat and we can go all day long. If I get low pulling the kids on the tube at higher speeds I run to the marina top up a little then we can run into the evening. I’d love to be able to buy an electric boat for around $80,000-$100,000 and it charge in 5 minutes and last me all day. Same with my fleet of trucks and equipment. Fuel is killing me now but I’m passing it on to the customer. It’s got to be able to run all day and take about 5-10 minutes to charge when I get low. That’s one huge drawback for me. I want to get in whatever vehicle and drive 300 miles or boat all day and take 5 minutes and be back at it. Will that be possible for everyone in the future on demand 5-10 minute charging? For everyone on the planet that currently has a internal combustion engines they depend on? Just thoughts. I’ll be dead in 50 years so don’t really want to be waiting around for an hour and a half to charge my boat! 😂
Let weekend we took 2 vehicles to Seward and back to salmon fish. Kids and I went down Friday in the LX and camped until Sunday. Wife had to work so just did a down and back Saturday in the Tesla. The 290 mile Round trip in the LX cost ~$225 in gas. The round trip in the Tesla if I paid rack rate (not counting my solar) for electricity cost ~$6.

When you own one you figure out, charging time doesn’t matter 99% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom