Just curious, what's your OTHER vehicle? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone here with a Lexus GS F? Considering picking one up to drive for the next year or so as my daily, park the Cruiser except for weekend trips.

My summer daily cars. They aren't usually this clean :)

1654809713258.jpeg

That is a nice MGA.
Thanks! It is a 1958 1500 Roadster. They guy I bought it from in 2000 built it up from a '58 and '59. He lived in Pittsburgh, so used the front did brakes from the '59 model instead of drums. It originally had steel wheels and was Old English White. (Data from the North American MGA Register is that there are more red MGAs currently on the road than were ever imported to the US. :))

Five years ago, I replaced the seized 1500CC engine with a built 1800cc from a '63 MGB. It scoots!! Too fast for the brakes and suspension. I have a set of diff gears to bring the highway RPM down a bit, which will offset some of the additional torque, but haven't installed them yet.

Thanks! It is a 1958 1500 Roadster. They guy I bought it from in 2000 built it up from a '58 and '59. He lived in Pittsburgh, so used the front did brakes from the '59 model instead of drums. It originally had steel wheels and was Old English White. (Data from the North American MGA Register is that there are more red MGAs currently on the road than were ever imported to the US. :))

Five years ago, I replaced the seized 1500CC engine with a built 1800cc from a '63 MGB. It scoots!! Too fast for the brakes and suspension. I have a set of diff gears to bring the highway RPM down a bit, which will offset some of the additional torque, but haven't installed them yet.
If you've got a B series 1800 in it already, you could search for an MGB overdrive tranny to pair it with. They're rare, but that's one on my list for sure, it would make a huge difference with freeway revs. Turning nearly 4 grand at 70 feels abusive!

Amazing - is that in Launch Green?
Have a Blizzard HE as well, and an R1S Limestone on patience-testing pre-order...
Yep, Launch Green R1T, got it a few weeks ago, replaced my model S— waiting on a limestone R1S to replace my wife’s model Y

Go beat it up and post videos :cool:

Go beat it up and post videos :cool:
Next year… it’s with us in Maine right now, we’re looking for a house in New Mexico (where my 100 is), we’ll make the move out next summer and bring it to all the trails

Got another other car…
Awesome, I live close to the Denver service / delivery center, I go by all the time hoping to see an R1S, don't have one on order but may someday, I know it will be years to get one without a reservation from 2018. They had an open-house about a month ago, incredible trucks

Rivians_Collage.jpg

Challenger, slightly lowered, with the 5.7 hemi, 6 spd manual, headers, and a corsa exhaust.

16FEAE2C-C2D1-4429-B576-7F2E76E50EB9.jpeg

Impressions so far?
It’s the best daily driver I’ve ever had. Comfortable, fast, at current gas prices the electric cost makes it the equivalent of 75mpg. Super super practical. Groceries go in the frunk (and I have a fridge up there, too), sports and hiking gear in the gear tunnel, big/dirty stuff in the bed. I have 12 cars, including two land cruisers, that I love. If I could only keep one, it would be the Rivian without a doubt.

Thankfully, nobody is making me pick just one.

If you've got a B series 1800 in it already, you could search for an MGB overdrive tranny to pair it with. They're rare, but that's one on my list for sure, it would make a huge difference with freeway revs. Turning nearly 4 grand at 70 feels abusive!
I looked at this option, as well as adding a British Ford or Japanese 5-speed. However, both options (as well as using the tranny that came with the engine) required permanent modifications to the frame. I ended up using the early 1800 engine and the original MGA 1500 tranny, and only needed to modify the flywheel to accept the pressure plate.

This works well, and with 20% more displacement and an engine built by a racer, this ratio makes it awfully fun other than on the highway (which I avoid as a matter of principal when not necessary to just cover miles.)

Instead of the overdrive transmission, I acquired a set of 3.9:1 rear gears and carrier to swap in for the original 4.3:1 ratio. This will reduce RPMs at highway speeds at the cost of some of the power that I've gained. Win-win! I just haven't changed it yet in the five years since the new engine because it is so damn fun in the current configuration.

As the saying goes; It is more fun to go fast in a slow car than slow in a fast car. :)

As the saying goes; It is more fun to go fast in a slow car than slow in a fast car. :)

So true. You guys are going to laugh, but I've done a lot of autocrossing and a little bit of road racing and experienced all sorts of crazy performance cars (Telsa Plaid, 1200lb/345rwhp "Ariel Atom"-esq racer, Supra Turbo, etc). The very most fun I've had behind the wheel is a bone stock 1991 Honda Civic Si, 115hp, low gearing and 185 skinny tires. :steer:

Most fun racing was in 125cc shifter cart, after that a spec Miata. I got some seat time in SCCA Mustang once and that was more car than I knew what to do with. Thing I remember most was the brakes it was like dropping an anchor. I could not figure out how late I could brake or I was just not brave enough to wait that late. A low horsepower car with good tires and suspension is total fun. Hard to get in trouble and you have to really concentrate on braking points and driving line to roll off consistent lap times. I miss having a track car.

Been a few years since I had a quick car and the slow yotas and Lexus weren’t quite cutting it. Grabbed this 2013 Camaro ss 6mt last week. Ordered a bunch of goodies already. Should be a fun weekend driver.

0765CBDA-E8CF-40F6-8DC4-11D7FB2658D0.jpeg

97D11F4A-8490-4122-AC3A-D12CCEB809AC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom