Tool bag, tool box, go big or go home (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You still don't get it, I never at any time said you or I, or anyone else should carry spares for every model, and never at any time said you or I. or anyone else should carry tools for everyone.

This might help? The next time you observe someone not put the chair they were sitting on back under the table when they have finished, or even don't bother to do the same yourself you might get what I am trying to say without me actually being rude.

Regards

Dave
In closing, If you forget your tools you well be very happy to see coming down the trail as I am a well prepared helpful person that puts the chair back, clears the table and put the dishes in the washer.
I live my life with integrity, and a Stewart of the trail picking up every piece of trash I come a cross and all ways leave the camp cleaner then I found it.
I have instilled these same principles in my children who are both very successful.

I DO GET IT, People have different opinions about things that's what make us individuals!

How do you guys pack your 54mm hub socket? Mine jingles like a sleigh bell, very annoying. Maybe a padded crown royal bag or a big wool sock?

Most of my trips are up and down the east coast from MA-MS/FL. Carrying enough tools and spares for basic repairs is more a matter of convenience than necessity. I prefer to be reliant on myself rather than some counter jockey at a parts store in an unknown town.

I like tool rolls because they don't rattle and I can differentiate types of tools in different rolls. I carry an inventory list and my specialty tools are labeled so I can remember why I put them in in the first place :). Everything fits into a half drawer system.

View attachment 2889442

View attachment 2889445

View attachment 2889447

View attachment 2889448

View attachment 2889449
I'd love to invite you along on all my future trips. Please let me know about your availability. :cheers:

Last edited:
In closing, If you forget your tools you well be very happy to see coming down the trail as I am a well prepared helpful person that puts the chair back, clears the table and put the dishes in the washer.
I live my life with integrity, and a Stewart of the trail picking up every piece of trash I come a cross and all ways leave the camp cleaner then I found it.
I have instilled these same principles in my children who are both very successful.

I DO GET IT, People have different opinions about things that's what make us individuals!

Good to hear you are now willing to be so helpful, if someone does forget their tools despite them being ill prepared, and of course I am happy to know you do now get it.

See what a couple of my well presented posts can do for your way of thinking in just a couple of days. ;)

Stay safe.

Regards

Dave

I carry full sets when possible because of my OCD and losing the sockets or wrenches I don't carry.

Plus, if someone is stranded in front of me, blocking my path, then I would help them get out of my way.

I carry both standard and metric, but that's because of work. I deal with metric valves and standard USA sizes for other equipment, both large and small. So, I have a HUGE amount of stuff in the back of mine, but if I had time, I would remove all the "work stuff" before I went on a trail ride. The last few times I went on a day trip, I just drove it as I would for work, with all my crap bouncing around inside.

If I ever rolled it, I would be dead because of all the crap flying around inside the truck. I should install a cage, but then I can't reach half my stuff from the rear seats.

How do you guys pack your 54mm hub socket? Mine jingles like a sleigh bell, very annoying. Maybe a padded crown royal bag or a big wool sock?
Mine lives in the tote with the spares and oddball tools, I think it's packed it tight enough that it doesn't jingle. I think a sock would have better abrasion resistance relative to a crown royal bag.

Well, you know you ALWAYS have a sock available = 646........

I feel very inadequate at the moment ....

Awesome read guess, one more task on the planning board.

Surprised how few kits I see with simple circuit testers. You guys must be better at protecting your shiny Fluke meters while rolling around under the truck than I am.

In all fairness I did used to wheel with a buddy in a Land Rover and that tool was the most frequently used in the bag.

In all fairness I did used to wheel with a buddy in a Land Rover and that tool was the most frequently used in the bag.
It's been said if you want to get to your destination drive Land Rover, If you want to make it back home drive a Land Cruiser ;):p

Surprised how few kits I see with simple circuit testers. You guys must be better at protecting your shiny Fluke meters while rolling around under the truck than I am.

Fancy one stays in the shop. Harbor freight version goes in the truck. If it breaks or I lose it there's 4 more on the shelf in the shop :)

Fancy one stays in the shop. Harbor freight version goes in the truck. If it breaks or I lose it there's 4 more on the shelf in the shop :)

I've got a ohm meter and a circuit tester (both hf) in the glove box. Also there's a few butt end connectors, fuses, some relays, wire strippers, electric tape, and a couple feet of various guage wire in there too. Glove box is basically my electric dept.

I also pack both, a circuit tester and the HF multimeter.

So any one have an excel or a printed checklist of those ideas ?? ;)

I'm sorting my stuff out at the moment I did add a nut splitter and damaged screw extractor.

Some of my buddies are extreme safari (I mean 700+ mile trips some times) dunning in Sahara, so equipment has to be on a another level. I will share some of their stuff as well after I write them down lol.

So start building some of my tools, I havent had a chance to get a lot of input yet but the next trip i will make sure i do that.
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 11.05.09 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 11.05.10 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 11.05.11 AM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 11.05.11 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 11.05.14 AM.jpeg

Will take a picture of the green bag content XD

very cool, thank you for the vendor's name as I haven't heard of them before.

I use these pics for reference to make sure I don't leave tools behind

20220915_213906.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom