South medow creek trail conditions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know or have an opinion of how much snow would be on South Medow Creek Trail in the tabacoo roots?

On a side note, how about Hyalite Canyon? Is it open up to the reservoir.

The tobacco roots got a huge storm in April. 3 + feet of snow. I haven't been out anywhere yet. I'm sure hyalite is open.

I can confirm Hyalite is open and the thaw has happened… cut throat are spawning (from a friend)

I can confirm Hyalite is open and the thaw has happened… cut throat are spawning (from a friend)
But is fishing in the lake open? I thought it didnt open until a specific date?

The tobacco roots got a huge storm in April. 3 + feet of snow. I haven't been out anywhere yet. I'm sure hyalite is open.
Sam, what was that lake that just a few of us drove up to in the tobacco roots sevral years ago? I know that one wont be doable till mid to late summer. But I would love to get back up there for a over night.

Sam, what was that lake that just a few of us drove up to in the tobacco roots sevral years ago? I know that one wont be doable till mid to late summer. But I would love to get back up there for a over night.
That was north meadow, which is closed for bridge repairs. Hopefully reopens this summer.
South meadow is one drainage over. It's a much mellower trail.

Get Gaia, add the NOAA snow depth layer. In my experience it is surprisingly accurate. Typically this time of year anything over 7k elevation will still have snow pack. End of june usually 8-9k feet and up is clear with the occasional north facing snow drift.

1654885003806.png

Get Gaia, add the NOAA snow depth layer. In my experience it is surprisingly accurate. Typically this time of year anything over 7k elevation will still have snow pack. End of june usually 8-9k feet and up is clear with the occasional north facing snow drift.

View attachment 3030416
Cool tip!

I was just up above potosi on saturday and that snow map is surprisingly accurate, maybe slightly low but overall good.

I was just up above potosi on saturday and that snow map is surprisingly accurate, maybe slightly low but overall good.
How far up did you get? How deep was the snow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom