Trim/Garnish around license plate LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to get rid of this last bit of the old gold trim. Anybody already figured this out?

I could order the part new (7680160040A0) or used but I hate to waste the current part.

Other options I have considered:
  1. Chrome film - unlikely to get good results without wrinkles, may not last
  2. "Chrome" spray paint - doesn't seem to be any good options that look like mirror finish chrome plating
  3. Chrome plating - maybe. Not sure where to get it done or cost. Would have to repaint the white part, which is a whole thing with this tricoat paint
  4. OEM 057 paint color over the faded gold trim edge. Again, I don't trust myself to get a good result with tricoat paint
  5. Leave it - Just. Can't. Do. It.

PXL_20220611_211703489~2.jpg

I painted mine black. Like sexy black. Not that weird spray wrap garbage. But used a plastic purposed rattle can type paint. Rustoleum, $8.98 per can at the Home Depot/Lowes/Wally World. Came out pretty decent. The grill sucked though. Need to do that over again and maybe attempt to pay some attention to detail.

This was my first attempt. Haven't any of the latest iterations. But I will take some once it is all mounted. The new hardware is on the FedEx truck running up and down the street today.

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0205.JPG

Just realized my dog brought me her toys to show me while I was doing this and I ignored her like a jerk. I owe her a public apology. I am sorry, dog.

I'm not sure about the early years, but that piece is notorious for snapping some/all the mounting tabs on the later years. New pieces were quite expensive when I checked. Used were often missing tabs.

If yours has good mounting tabs on it, I'd hire a vinyl shop to wrap it and the trim above it.

I'm not sure about the early years, but that piece is notorious for snapping some/all the mounting tabs on the later years. New pieces were quite expensive when I checked. Used were often missing tabs.

If yours has good mounting tabs on it, I'd hire a vinyl shop to wrap it and the trim above it.
Good tip, much appreciated

I painted mine black. Like sexy black. Not that weird spray wrap garbage. But used a plastic purposed rattle can type paint. Rustoleum, $8.98 per can at the Home Depot/Lowes/Wally World. Came out pretty decent. The grill sucked though. Need to do that over again and maybe attempt to pay some attention to detail.
like Mick and Keith!

Pretty sure that's speedballing is what happened to them. Not rattle can awesomeness. :rofl: You'd think with as much money as they have a better plastic surgeon could be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom