Trying to get some cruisers out to Ace Cafe in Orlando, 06.12.22. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, y'all!

A few local 80 guys are going to start trying to make a regular monthly meet. Rather than make our own, I figured it's easier to take over one that isn't very popular (Last time I went there were like 15 cars..)

Ace Cafe is a killer venue in downtown Orlando that has a full bar and restaurant, and is built for car / bike shows. It's modeled after the one in the U.K. It's worth the trip if you've never been.

Address: 100 W. Livingston Street, Orlando, Fl 32801

So, Sunday 06.12.22 at 11Am is the Toyota meet for this month, and I am posting to see if we can get some more cruisers out!

Feel free to reply to this thread with questions, confirmations, or whatever.

I'm not like 'organizing' anything, just trying to have a cool Sunday sipping bourbon and chatting cruisers.

Cheers!

Will try to make it. Sounds like a good time. Is Sunday Toyota day?

I see you had the answer to my question there already.

I think most of us will be busy with last minute GSMTR prep but maybe i will test drive the 40 there

Last edited:
I think most of us will be busy with last minute GSMTR prep but maybe i will test drive the 40 there

Hey, it is what it is! Would love to see you if you can make it!

@lp2k and I have been talking about it, and rather than try to make our own meet, we can easily just use their meet and make our own spot in the grass.

I'd like to make it a regular thing and see if we can grow it!

Sure...whats the worst that can happen
Just because I like thinking about implausible occurrences, I would say THIS is the worst that could happen:

It's about 1:15Pm at Ace Cafe. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and 20 cruiser heads from central florida are enjoying the adult beverage of their choice. Unbeknownst to us, some schmuck in a riced out corolla has contracted Monkeypox from his sister. He really likes cruisers, though, so he makes sure to give us all handshakes, and bro-hugs and makes sure to sit in everyone's driver's seat and touch the steering wheel with his pus-dripping hands. Around the time he checks the last cruiser out, some other douche comes in with a brand new to him 3rd gen Supra, freshly imported from Japan. Being unfamiliar with RHD cars, and in an attempt to impress everyone, he tries to do a burnout, but when he shifts into second gear, the turbo finally spools and he spins rapidly, causing his to crash into the wall of cruisers... Fortunately most of us were saved by our beefy (but not totally necessary) OVERLAND ^tm bumpers! We pull out some winch line, and drag him to the other side of the parking lot. No biggie. Because of Florida's lax building code, the gas lines that run to Ace Cafe's kitchen have not been inspected and maintained in a safe fashion. Some cook props the back door open to light a smoke, and the whole building blows. Fortunately, we are far away enough, only one or two cruisers catches a brick. Minor damage, though many Celica's, and much underbody neon lighting were lost in the carnage.. Russia, growing tired of the lack of progress in Ukraine decides that to satisfy Vlad and the Russian people's bloodlust, a nuclear attack on a NATO country is in order. Of course they pick Orlando, being one of the most visited US cities, in an attempt to cut the US off from foreign visitors and their funds. By the time we hear the warning sirens, it's already too late. Everything goes white, and all you can hear is ringing in your ears. You try to cover your eyes, but you can see the bones in your hands with your eyelids closed. Obviously this isn't good...

...Then the Zombies show up.

Sorry, just bored at work....
-B.

Just because I like thinking about implausible occurrences, I would say THIS is the worst that could happen:

It's about 1:15Pm at Ace Cafe. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and 20 cruiser heads from central florida are enjoying the adult beverage of their choice. Unbeknownst to us, some schmuck in a riced out corolla has contracted Monkeypox from his sister. He really likes cruisers, though, so he makes sure to give us all handshakes, and bro-hugs and makes sure to sit in everyone's driver's seat and touch the steering wheel with his pus-dripping hands. Around the time he checks the last cruiser out, some other douche comes in with a brand new to him 3rd gen Supra, freshly imported from Japan. Being unfamiliar with RHD cars, and in an attempt to impress everyone, he tries to do a burnout, but when he shifts into second gear, the turbo finally spools and he spins rapidly, causing his to crash into the wall of cruisers... Fortunately most of us were saved by our beefy (but not totally necessary) OVERLAND ^tm bumpers! We pull out some winch line, and drag him to the other side of the parking lot. No biggie. Because of Florida's lax building code, the gas lines that run to Ace Cafe's kitchen have not been inspected and maintained in a safe fashion. Some cook props the back door open to light a smoke, and the whole building blows. Fortunately, we are far away enough, only one or two cruisers catches a brick. Minor damage, though many Celica's, and much underbody neon lighting were lost in the carnage.. Russia, growing tired of the lack of progress in Ukraine decides that to satisfy Vlad and the Russian people's bloodlust, a nuclear attack on a NATO country is in order. Of course they pick Orlando, being one of the most visited US cities, in an attempt to cut the US off from foreign visitors and their funds. By the time we hear the warning sirens, it's already too late. Everything goes white, and all you can hear is ringing in your ears. You try to cover your eyes, but you can see the bones in your hands with your eyelids closed. Obviously this isn't good...

-B.
Fortunately I just happened to be prepared for such an event…

-B.
Seemed like a simple
Question!

Solid turn out 👌🏼

18E7ED40-7064-4D2E-865B-D8EDB19EA19A.jpeg

80B3289C-5617-4BA1-9AE1-D3DDAB227047.jpeg

600F0643-9E91-4A37-B1BA-7AEB1FAC2A2C.jpeg

E2CD01B6-D3EC-49AF-9704-7A842F402650.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back