Gear reduction starter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need a new starter for my 40. I’d like to go wit a gear reduction starter but in searching the threads I don’t find a part number for 1970 FJ40. Looks like the 28100-60070-84 will fit. Can anyone confirm this part number is correct for 1970 F motor?

the gear reduction starter will work with your 1970 F engine.
just get a starter for a 1985 60 series it will be the gear reduction starter and work well for you.
the gear reduction starter was not available when your 40 series was made

Thanks for the replies. I thought that one would work with all 40 series but wasn’t sure.

You'll love it

Thanks for the replies. I thought that one would work with all 40 series but wasn’t sure.

You'll love it

darn right he will love it ,.......... :cool:

1655005360156.png

1655005378185.png

1655005400488.png

1655005424244.png

1655005448382.png

1655005483524.png

Timely post….I’m looking for a new starter for my ‘79 with 2F. Assuming that the 28100-60070-84 part number is the correct one? Local Toy dealer the best place to start? Thanks!

Will these fit a 7/69 too?

yes ,

1962 Siamese F - 9/87 2F and 1988-1990 3F and 3FE

we offer the Genuine NipponDenso gear reduction starter as a complete all inclusive plug and play KIT :

- NO Core fee or trade of your old tired unit is involved or required to be very krystal klear here to begin with , your local TOYOTA Dealer will charge you $75 in

a core charge when you .purchase one there if you choose to do so , we don't believe in core charges , its a outdated and stupid business modle bottom line ...

- includes the following perks and extra's that are needed and required , again this is a KIT FORM ,,,,,,,,kit :)

- updated OEM Yazaki Japan parts Pigtail , black wire / w white tracer stripe , updated to the later 3FE 12ga wire size , with 3M heat shrink butt connector too

- this then creates a extension cord of sorts needed to extend the key switch solenoid wire described above able to reach around to the remote location male Hybrid

encased male spade terminal housing on the opposite side of the starter then a previous design old one

- New OEM Japan Mounting hardware , the form of 2 Studs , 2 nuts , and 2 spring washers ,

gone are the days of the clumsy course hex nut and holding a new gear reduction starter in the BENCH - PRESS position so it will not fall of and crush your SKULL like

on the WALKING DEAD ........

- Includes the now required for correct FULL 1.0 kw out put power , Cable Bond no. 1 kit , or starter grounding cable to top frame rail late modle feature and option , this in technical terms Polarizes the New updated gear reduction starter , with a dedicated home run NEG- FULL 2.0 AWG ANCHOR Marine brand fine stands tinned solid copper conductor /....

- original 1/75-1990 2F and 3FE and 3F carb Cable Bond's # 1 from the factory were only a puny 6 awg thick cable , this creates a light years ahead pleasant and reliable strong Engine Cranking Experience 24/7 .........

- ALL Starters and Alternators and Thermostat housings , water pumps , fuel pumps etc are Shot with 3 mist-kotes of 2 part marine grade clear koating to create a

extra layer of age and time ARMOR plaiting , that's both chemical resistent and UV rated , in other words i proudly call this added details matter feature :

" LIFE-TIME NOS in a CAN " :D

simply put is will NEVER Patina or form the typical little white dusty looking substance as cast bare aluminum will naturally occurs shortly after installation

in other words it ain't gonna rust ........

- that covers the unique to us gear reduction starter KIT we Exclusively offer up via our family run online parts store ...

- thanks for your support

matt

1655041633568.jpeg

1655041677935.png

1655041696298.png

1655041714471.png

Last edited:
I show the gear reduction started 6/82 in 40 and 60 series. It doesn't show it being sub for earlier models. While it will work it's the wiring may be different and not a simple plug and play. But not a major rewire either.

I show the gear reduction started 6/82 in 40 and 60 series. It doesn't show it being sub for earlier models. While it will work it's the wiring may be different and not a simple plug and play. But not a major rewire either.

hello john , good morning ....

the pre - / early 1962- 5/82 did NOT use a locking detent ball terminal equipped / locking lance tab equipped solenoid KEY in CRANK position connector housing

thus why my plug and play kit does come with one , :)

- also u need appox . 6" inches of extra black wire / w white tracer stripe because the original old starter Solenoid connection terminal point was further towards the front of

the truck and on the very end cap too

- gear reduction is on the side further up towards the fire wall and the starter is compact and much shorter , thus this all equals up to approx. 6" different

in metric JIS / JDM GPS Location tracker center points location absolutes ........

1655049470518.png

With the new GR and Dizzy, on a cold start, I am one pump and one bump on the key at 1/2 choke.

I guess I better clarify....This procedure ^^^ is 1st start of the day, afterward it's 1/2 pump and hit the key. Took some getting use to at 1st.

The 76 OE carb was rebuilt awhile back too.

It's scary easy to start now.... 😁 I keep walking by my box full of Holley FI kit and thinking "Hmmm, maybe later"...

I’m going to be ordering one of Matt’s little beauties as a Father’s Day gift to myself this week. Unless of course I am successful in dropping multiple hints that this would be a great Father’s Day gift in which case my son will place the order😎

I’m going to be ordering one of Matt’s little beauties as a Father’s Day gift to myself this week. Unless of course I am successful in dropping multiple hints that this would be a great Father’s Day gift in which case my son will place the order😎

Well played Mr Bond, well played. :cheers:

For Father’s Day you get 10% off is standard procedure since you are a father …

I only have one Father’s Day gear reduction starter coupon so PM me and I’ll fill you in on the 411 …

Thanks

yes ,

1962 Siamese F - 9/87 2F and 1988-1990 3F and 3FE

we offer the Genuine NipponDenso gear reduction starter as a complete all inclusive plug and play KIT :

- NO Core fee or trade of your old tired unit is involved or required to be very krystal klear here to begin with , your local TOYOTA Dealer will charge you $75 in

a core charge when you .purchase one there if you choose to do so , we don't believe in core charges , its a outdated and stupid business modle bottom line ...

- includes the following perks and extra's that are needed and required , again this is a KIT FORM ,,,,,,,,kit :)

- updated OEM Yazaki Japan parts Pigtail , black wire / w white tracer stripe , updated to the later 3FE 12ga wire size , with 3M heat shrink butt connector too

- this then creates a extension cord of sorts needed to extend the key switch solenoid wire described above able to reach around to the remote location male Hybrid

encased male spade terminal housing on the opposite side of the starter then a previous design old one

- New OEM Japan Mounting hardware , the form of 2 Studs , 2 nuts , and 2 spring washers ,

gone are the days of the clumsy course hex nut and holding a new gear reduction starter in the BENCH - PRESS position so it will not fall of and crush your SKULL like

on the WALKING DEAD ........

- Includes the now required for correct FULL 1.0 kw out put power , Cable Bond no. 1 kit , or starter grounding cable to top frame rail late modle feature and option , this in technical terms Polarizes the New updated gear reduction starter , with a dedicated home run NEG- FULL 2.0 AWG ANCHOR Marine brand fine stands tinned solid copper conductor /....

- original 1/75-1990 2F and 3FE and 3F carb Cable Bond's # 1 from the factory were only a puny 6 awg thick cable , this creates a light years ahead pleasant and reliable strong Engine Cranking Experience 24/7 .........

- ALL Starters and Alternators and Thermostat housings , water pumps , fuel pumps etc are Shot with 3 mist-kotes of 2 part marine grade clear koating to create a

extra layer of age and time ARMOR plaiting , that's both chemical resistent and UV rated , in other words i proudly call this added details matter feature :

" LIFE-TIME NOS in a CAN " :D

simply put is will NEVER Patina or form the typical little white dusty looking substance as cast bare aluminum will naturally occurs shortly after installation

in other words it ain't gonna rust ........

- that covers the unique to us gear reduction starter KIT we Exclusively offer up via our family run online parts store ...

- thanks for your support

matt

View attachment 3031911

View attachment 3031912

View attachment 3031913

View attachment 3031914

Thanks Matt, I appreciate the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom