Dissent offroad 200 series offerings. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

camera? TIA.
camera is simply extending what you have. Some of the cameras have 4 wires, some have 5. Just pick any color wire you want to use to extend the wires you have, and then make sure to reconnect the other end to the corresponding color you used.

Awesome, thanks!

Does anyone have a cheat sheet on wiring the lights and camera? TIA.
Here is a video that helped out a ton for me.

User @linuxgod has great information that I used to create a plug and play harness that goes in between the vehicle harness and the trailer plug harness. It is a really clever approach that works well.

I've seen posts here for camera wire routing too. I haven't done mine yet though.

User @linuxgod has great information that I used to create a plug and play harness that goes in between the vehicle harness and the trailer plug harness. It is a really clever approach that works well.

I've seen posts here for camera wire routing too. I haven't done mine yet though.
Thanks, I've been called a lot of things but clever hasn't been one of them 🙃

Parts list for the 5-pin trailer splitter is here - RLC rear tire carrier / swing out / jerry can / custom fab bumper - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rlc-rear-tire-carrier-swing-out-jerry-can-custom-fab-bumper.871580/post-14356747

Wiring diagram and instructions are here - RLC rear tire carrier / swing out / jerry can / custom fab bumper - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rlc-rear-tire-carrier-swing-out-jerry-can-custom-fab-bumper.871580/post-14358929 which includes the schematic I drew up that has the DT connectors.

1654710209457.png

FWIW, I think I may steal the brown (tail) and white (ground) wires on the driver side harness for my license plate lights.

FWIW, I think I may steal the brown (tail) and white (ground) wires on the driver side harness for my license plate lights.

Yeah I wish I'd set up an extra pair of connectors in the diagram to do that. I will likely end up just tapping my existing license plate lights since I have my tailgate popped apart to extend the camera anyway. My plan us to clip the ends off a shielded RCA cable for the camera video, then use Cat6 for the 6V camera and 12V license plate power. The camera wires are ~20 AWG. Cat6 is 23 AWG and has 4 pairs, so I figure if I bind the pairs I'll effectively get 4x 20 AWG wires which should cover me.

You could probably just ground the license plate light to the bumper, since it's all mounted to the frame. Only question is given the paint/powdercoat thickness if you'll get a good ground.

Side note: not just for Dissent, but I wish all the manufacturers would include plug-and-play wiring options for these bumpers. Seriously at the point we're dropping $4-5k, cutting and splicing just feels wrong.

I wish all the manufacturers would include plug-and-play wiring options for these bumpers. Seriously at the point we're dropping $4-5k, cutting and splicing just feels wrong.
Agree 100%.

This is still a new growing company guys and dissent has been amazing with responses. Remember, they have only been shipping this kit for a short while. Let's not put the cart before the horse.

This is still a new growing company guys and dissent has been amazing with responses. Remember, they have only been shipping this kit for a short while. Let's not put the cart before the horse.
Speaking only for myself, I am not criticizing the company, the people or their product.

However, in my experience assembly of their rear bumper with the instructions currently on their website involves a lot of trial and error, and which shouldn't be necessary.

It arrives as a big jigsaw puzzle. If it wasn't for the helpful members of this forum, it would be incredibly challenging to figure out how it all goes together, and do it in a reasonable timeframe.

I don't know what I would have done without help from @radman , @tbisaacs , and other mud members. As responsive as the Dissent team may be, they aren't responding on weekends, which is the only time I can block out large chunks of working time, and as a result is also when I get stumped and need help.

Last edited:
Does any one have an suggestions for what storage box/cooler to get for the Rear Aluminum Accessory Tray swing out?

A few Wishlist items:
- I want something that is preferably a cooler
- I want something that I can lock (it doesn't have to be fort knox)
- I want something low key: I live in a pretty safe place, but when I do roam, I don't want something like a Yeti that just yells "steal me".
- not crazy small, but not hella big either
- bear resistant would be a nice to have
- waterproof

I'm thinking about this case:

Not sure how well it would work as a cooler.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, how are people tying these down? I really just want something that someone would have to work a bit to pull off. I know someone determined with some bolt cutters I'm not going to stop.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Not sure, I got the jerry can holder, and my RTIC hard cooler doesn't fit. :(

Reactions: jhg
Does any one have an suggestions for what storage box/cooler to get for the Rear Aluminum Accessory Tray swing out?

A few Wishlist items:
- I want something that is preferably a cooler
- I want something that I can lock (it doesn't have to be fort knox)
- I want something low key: I live in a pretty safe place, but when I do roam, I don't want something like a Yeti that just yells "steal me".
- not crazy small, but not hella big either
- bear resistant would be a nice to have
- waterproof

I'm thinking about this case:

Not sure how well it would work as a cooler.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, how are people tying these down? I really just want something that someone would have to work a bit to pull off. I know someone determined with some bolt cutters I'm not going to stop.

Any ideas?

I have a similar Zarges AL box. AL is probably not good for cooler like properties as it conducts heat too well. Great, lightweight, secure box though.

I made a jumper harness to steal power for the license plate light. I hate having more connectors, but I like it better than splicing into wires.

6B9C7E74-FF93-4730-84F9-570665C43D29.jpeg
EE9A3EB8-AAA2-4EF2-BB5E-3016F507EC74.jpeg
3977FBF2-F8B5-430B-85B6-9ED5965AB641.jpeg

Nice work. It looks like they sent you a slightly different combo light than they sent me. Mine has turn & stop/tail on top and reverse full width on the bottom.
Actually, I did not order the Roadvision combo lights. I got these on Amazon for $20. I just sealed the edges with Flexseal tape to make them more waterproof. The wiring diagram is inaccurate on the box and outside of that, if they break, $20 is not too bad for combo lights.

Actually, I did not order the Roadvision combo lights. I got these on Amazon for $20. I just sealed the edges with Flexseal tape to make them more waterproof. The wiring diagram is inaccurate on the box and outside of that, if they break, $20 is not too bad for combo lights.
Smart! Great way to save a few dollars. Were they a direct bolt on?

Those Roadvision lights certainly are not inexpensive! It's good to know there are alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom