89620-60012 Ignitor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Engineer8000

CAPE FEAR ELECTRONICS
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
For anyone interested

20220608_201241.jpg

Russ ,

i don't understand this post ?

can you please some tech details or pics ?

i like all your topics , but this one im lost lake a little Lamb ......:D

Couldn't resist taking Photoshop to your diagram. Hope ya don't mind. If it needs adjusting, lemmie know.

Igniter B2.jpg

Last edited:
Close, the arrow point goes up against the vertical line. You can delete (pnp) as that becomes redundant when it is drawn correctly.

Switching of the coil is done with the larger TO-3 transistor. As with any power handling semiconductor, it will be the first to go and might have collateral damage. If you recall the old CRT TVs had flyback transformers driven by the horizontal output transistor that ran at high voltages. The power supplies for the rest of the set were also derived from the flyback transformer. Those HOTs were always going out.

You will have to find a sub for the denso transistor, and possibly for those fujitsu tophat diodes, everything else is still available. This is a pretty simple switching circuit.

All this igniter chatty has got me all hot and bothered…

I’m subscribed 🙂

And motivated now to make some NLA / Disc. TEq Alive once again ..

11D4A20F-42C4-4009-8AA2-FA5520DDA48E.jpeg
684D94CA-7BA5-45DC-8069-2826BB28B488.jpeg

So you're the reason there aren't any on the market!

Maybe 🤔

Maybe 🤔 there will be many variations to cover all production dates and even maybe 🤔 other destination markets is inquires inquire …

I have concluded I have a very versital and robust heavy duty Genuine
NipponDenso base platform to surgically remove all the current green connector housings and RE-FIT skunk-works style with my factory focus mind set approach’s to period correct plug and play details …

I just took in a very very unique special japan made special order of a single needed connector housing to even think about making this particular pipe dream real as JDM steal ….

I’ll post up in a few what I refer to above ..

Russ,s thread here is the perfect place to cause TEq time to stop for maybe 1 metric second …

Switching of the coil is done with the larger TO-3 transistor. As with any power handling semiconductor, it will be the first to go and might have collateral damage. If you recall the old CRT TVs had flyback transformers driven by the horizontal output transistor that ran at high voltages. The power supplies for the rest of the set were also derived from the flyback transformer. Those HOTs were always going out.
@Engineer8000 when looking for the TO-3 NPN Bipolar transistor replacement for the ND TP5022, what measurements did you use to find suitable replacement?

On my 89620-61012 igniter, the larger transistor is Sanyo D437 7G and the smaller is B509 7G. I assume the part number is the first D437…what does 7G refer to?

C1306DCB-9EC5-4E63-9BC2-1FA57523963F.jpeg

Data sheet

56B49DC0-4030-4DFF-9FBA-4820E0C36144.jpeg

Last edited:
@Engineer8000 when looking for the TO-3 NPN Bipolar transistor replacement for the ND TP5022, what measurements did you use to find suitable replacement?

On my 89620-61012 igniter, the larger transistor is Sanyo D437 7G and the smaller is B509 7G. I assume the part number is the first D437…what does 7G refer to?

View attachment 3228179
Data sheet

View attachment 3228198
Date code. Vce, Vcb, Ic, power dissipation (W), Tmax (Junction temp), package, pinout. It has to be NPN type of course.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom