Inclined FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My rooftop tent is permanently on and no choice to remove it. Lets part from there. Its part of the car wherever I go. Fitting and unfitting it could take 3 hours. So no option. This car is only used to go play. Not for day to day stuff. So it doesnt fit because of the tent. Thats exactly why.
If yours is the older style RTT where the ladder sits on top when it's closed, I've seen people take that off and keep it off, as you'll gain at least 3" of clearance by not keeping it on top when the tent is closed. Then just use another ratchet strap to compress down the cover to make it flatter, since they usually have a raised section to fit the ladder.

If yours is the older style RTT where the ladder sits on top when it's closed, I've seen people take that off and keep it off, as you'll gain at least 3" of clearance by not keeping it on top when the tent is closed. Then just use another ratchet strap to compress down the cover to make it flatter, since they usually have a raised section to fit the ladder.
Good Call Mike. The ladder is on top, and as a matter of fact, I have to take it apart every time, every time before closing it so the car WAS ABLE to fit in my garage, but not, crap, not even without the ladder.

I like the idea with the rachet tie downs and compressing the springs for it to pass and letting them go once inside. I just dont know how to fit them or where to place them and not mess up my rig. Sorry, I am no expert!

Because he's in Ecuador, South America. Part of the problem is cost of getting the parts, expense, and delivery times.
THANK YOU, someone pays attention to my pain and suffering! LOL. If I wouldn't of ordered this the day I did I would of had to wait until SEPTEMBER.

I MIGHT be traveling to the states at the end of the month, I wonder where in Miami I could get the 2850's (Just the rear springs, the normal ones?), but I doubt they are cheap, and then WHAT do I do with these? And I can't spend more money on this, then selling the other will be hell.
You only need to add them where they are needed. If you want the back taller add them in the back. If you want the front taller to match the rear only add them to the front.

Why not return the suspension and start over with oem height suspension. New oem height will still clear 33" tires for the most part.
So Basically, if its inclined to the left, add spacers on the left respectively in size, and it its inclined nose down, add more size on the front left and right.

I believe that someone here installed a rear winch that could pull the body down toward the rear axle solely for garage clearance. I can't seem to find the thread, unfortunately.
Thanks! Yeah, that would add weight, maybe a rear bumper isn't a bad call.

Its been hell, but I need to get this solved,

Any one any idea with the rachet down ideas?

Have you tried deflating the rear tires enough to get in the garage? This is a very simple process if you have the ability to inflate the tires when you need to use your vehicle.

Have you tried deflating the rear tires enough to get in the garage? This is a very simple process if you have the ability to inflate the tires when you need to use your vehicle.
I heard this suggestion, I would need a compressor, which I dont have, and they told me, inflating tires could take 10 mins pero tire...... or more. Which is a good compressor which inflates 33" tires quickly?? Seems simple but maybe a pain in the rear end

mv50 superflow is good for the price. There are a lot of compressors that are the same with different names. That is just one name for that compressor.

Edit:mf-1050 is another name for it

mv50 superflow is good for the price. There are a lot of compressors that are the same with different names. That is just one name for that compressor.

Edit:mf-1050 is another name for it
Ecuador may not have these compressors 😡

Ecuador may not have these compressors 😡
Since they are Chinese i imagine they can get them but the branding and price might be prohibitive. I have seen them green, red and yellow... With all kinds of prices and names.

There are better options for sure, but at least from a US price perspective they are a good price for performance.

I have Nolathanes up front and they've been fine.
Their site lists only one size spacer but doesn't give the size. Do you know the spacer height?

I heard this suggestion, I would need a compressor, which I dont have, and they told me, inflating tires could take 10 mins pero tire...... or more. Which is a good compressor which inflates 33" tires quickly?? Seems simple but maybe a pain in the rear end
Since OME is from Australia, they springs are listed as driver's side and passenger side. However, their trucks are RHD, not LHD.

edited for clarity

You can buy a small 1000 LB winch and hook/chain each to a front and or rear axle and up to the frame with a pulley to activate and pull the suspension down in order to pull into the garage. If you wire it with switches in the cab, then you can stop in front of the garage, tighten the winch and pull down, then pull in. When you back out, your run it out until you are released and then drive it.

Some of the rock crawlers here us it on the rear to control the spring rate when going downhill so the back end doesn't flop over the front end. So, look up stuff in the rock crawler's section.

Last edited:
Their site lists only one size spacer but doesn't give the size. Do you know the spacer height?

I bought mine from Summit Racing. I believe I used the 30mm spacer, but they list 10mm and 20mm, too, both front and rear.

Front 10mm

Front 20mm

Front 30mm

Rear 10mm

Rear 20mm

Rear 30mm

I bought mine from Summit Racing. I believe I used the 30mm spacer, but they list 10mm and 20mm, too, both front and rear.

Front 10mm

Front 20mm

Front 30mm

Rear 10mm

Rear 20mm

Rear 30mm
Cool, thanks.

Since OME is from Australia, they springs are listed as driver's side and passenger side. However, their trucks are RHD, not LHD.

If your truck is LHD, it's a significant possibility that the springs are installed incorrectly. There is a tag on each spring that should identify PS or DS. They should be installed OPPOSITE of what they say if your truck is LHD.

You can buy a small 1000 LB winch and hook/chain each to a front and or rear axle and up to the frame with a pulley to activate and pull the suspension down in order to pull into the garage. If you wire it with switches in the cab, then you can stop in front of the garage, tighten the winch and pull down, then pull in. When you back out, your run it out until you are released and then drive it.

Some of the rock crawlers here us it on the rear to control the spring rate when going downhill so the back end doesn't flop over the front end. So, look up stuff in the rock crawler's section.
Hello there! Thank you for your explanation. I heard these were ordered from USA, not AUSTRALIA, but perhaps that makes no dif as your observation is logical. I Took these crappy pics the other day when I lifted the car and my mechanic who DID NOT install the suspension, looked for mistakes and probable chasis repairs, and none were found.

So, this was REAR RISHT SIDE, B is marked there on the tag, the other side says: OME-863X, below O/N 822814
Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 11.59.11 AM.png

This is the REAR LEFT, sorry for the bad angle, it has an A, the other side says: OME-863X, below O/N 822814
Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 12.02.44 PM.png

I believe this was front RIGHT Side, Its hard to read, but: OME-850X, O/N 82214 I think and the spring is marked with an A,
Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 12.11.56 PM.png

Front LEFT side, OME-850X, O/N 822814 and it is marked with a B
Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 12.24.38 PM.png

Are these properly built? Of course, I have a LHD car just like the US?

About the winch and system to pull the car down, crap, sounds great, but you really are dealing with an ignorant person here, I would have no clue how to do this, but yet I have a concept. Interesting really.

Edited for clarity

Directly from the link below:

7. IMPORTANT. In the US, with left hand drive vehicles, if the springs are labeled DS and PS, we install the DS (Driver Side) springs on the PS (Passenger Side) and visa versa. The springs are labeled for the right hand drive vehicles. If you can not locate the labels, or you have used springs, make sure you mark the springs that you remove from your vehicle and match long with the long and the short with the short springs.

Lately some springs are labeled A and B. A is for Australian driver side, so in the US this should go on the passenger side and B should go on the driver side

Also, at the bottom, there is a reference to a lean on your truck in the link for Cruiser Outfitters below:

Last edited:
Well, your FRONT springs are in the wrong places. A should be on the DRIVER's side (LEFT SIDE).
Your rear springs appear to be correct, just by a 50/50 chance.

Directly from the link below:

7. IMPORTANT. In the US, with left hand drive vehicles, if the springs are labeled DS and PS, we install the DS (Driver Side) springs on the PS (Passenger Side) and visa versa. The springs are labeled for the right hand drive vehicles. If you can not locate the labels, or you have used springs, make sure you mark the springs that you remove from your vehicle and match long with the long and the short with the short springs.

Lately some springs are labeled A and B. A is for Australian driver side, so in the US this should go on the passenger side and B should go on the driver side

Also, at the bottom, there is a reference to a lean on your truck in the link for Cruiser Outfitters below:
You just made me doubt I got the pictures right, so I went outside, and yes, CRAP....

Front LEFT: B
Front RIGHT: A

Rear LEFT: A
Rear RIGHT: B

This is "no bueno". I just called them and said "Find out where A nd B need to go respectively for a LEFT SIDE DRIVER and now fix my issue. We will see.

Second off, about this A nd B and Australian side or wha not. So, A is for AUSTRALIAN DRIVER SIDE (RIGHT), and B for AUSTRALIAN PASSENGER SIDE (LEFT) and should be INVERTED for us..... so, on OUR LEFT SIDE we will have a B, and on OUR RIGHT SIDE we will have an A....? Correct?

Lately some springs are labeled A and B. A is for Australian driver side, so in the US this should go on the passenger side and B should go on the driver side.

OK, I got a message from the shop , and they forwarded a message from a Venezuelan guy who is the representative from OME for LatinAmerica, based in MIAMI, and says, they need to be installed CROSSED.

Finally the guy in Ecuador from the shop said to disregard that guy and that WE/YOU ALL are right and they're gonna swap the rear springs and fix that.

Yes sir, my bad, I had a confussion with the message these guys sent me, its clear. B needs to go ion the driver side on our side of the planet... This should help the lean maybe in the rear. Even though, the front has a 3CM diff which I need to address.

deleted for clarity.

Last edited:
deleted for clarity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom