SOLD Tucson, Az 72k miles triple locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
1997 72k original miles
Arizona Bought zero rust
Triple locked with ARB lockers
2 inch Dobinsons springs med stiffness.
Dobinson MRA59 Shocks
Dobinsons lower and upper rear control arms
Dobinsons Front and Rear Panard Bars
Dobinsons Steering stabilizer
Delta rear panard drop bracket
Truck has been completely sound proofed. Doors close with a pleasing solid thud.
Air Bags
Domatic Frig console
OEM Roof Rack Delete done right, holes filled and roof repainted.
All new rubber fender trim
5 New 315/75/16 BFG KO2‘s
ARB onboard air
Extensive Mechanical Maintenance work completed: All engine rubber replace, New radiator and hoses, New Belts, New slotted Brake rotors
Extensive Exterior Maintenance completed: Bumpers repainted, All scratches and dings removed etc.
Ice Cold A/C
Excellent interior: Original seat leather in excellent condition
$75k invested $75k Serious inquiries only please.
It will be on BaT soon
Will provide more pictures and info upon PM request.
Or Call 520-904-8000 Mark

View attachment 3025955

View attachment 3025956

View attachment 3025957

View attachment 3025969

View attachment 3025970

View attachment 3026116

View attachment 3026117

View attachment 3026119

View attachment 3026120

View attachment 3026121

Last edited:
If you put it on BAT, restore it to stock, including the center console and tail gate.

There was a Red 1997 with 94k mile that sold for $84,500 a few months back. Where are people going to get a truck under 100k miles? There are fewer and fewer coming up and they aren't going to get any cheaper.
Yes, and that truck was triple locked from the factory, a Collector's Edition, red, and presented much nicer than your truck (no offense, but professional pics go a long way and the interior at least appears nicer in the pics of that truck). I'm not here to argue with your valuation of your truck, but I will be amazed if you get $75k for it on Mud. You need to find the right buyer, and I just don't think they're on here.

Again, I honestly don't believe you'd get $75k on BaT, but it's not my truck and I'm not the target buyer so what the hell do I know? I agree that your truck is only getting rarer but as is, comparing the photos of the red CE on BaT to yours I'm just not seeing it. Sorry. GLWS though and I hope you find someone that agrees with your valuation.

You have a really clean truck no doubt, but it doesn't have the axle code K294 and you can't change that.

The red one you reference is factory 3x locked and had $36.000 in receipts for the renowned shop TLC and was all stock. you can eat off the undercarriage.

You are not going to pull the ARBs out of the axles in a few hours.

IMHO the market has softened over the last few months

Regardless I wish you the best of luck getting you beautiful truck sold it is a germ.

If you put it on BAT, restore it to stock, including the center console and tail gate.
This for sure. Regardless of whether it was always stock or not, someone is going to pay more for the "showroom floor experience" they couldn't afford 30 years ago.

47F5E959-5FBB-403A-8A53-34A665E2270B.jpeg

DCCD4452-9756-4B6E-ACAE-6D00ECE32A9F.jpeg

Not to be doom and gloom, but if your planning on putting it on BAT, I would list it sooner than later. The economy is not going to get better anytime soon, good chance of recession and market crash coming in September. That will affect values as everyone will be unloading extra vehicles.

Yes, and that truck was triple locked from the factory, a Collector's Edition, red, and presented much nicer than your truck (no offense, but professional pics go a long way and the interior at least appears nicer in the pics of that truck). I'm not here to argue with your valuation of your truck, but I will be amazed if you get $75k for it on Mud. You need to find the right buyer, and I just don't think they're on here.

Again, I honestly don't believe you'd get $75k on BaT, but it's not my truck and I'm not the target buyer so what the hell do I know? I agree that your truck is only getting rarer but as is, comparing the photos of the red CE on BaT to yours I'm just not seeing it. Sorry. GLWS though and I hope you find someone that agrees with your valuation.
You may be right! However, in the universe of very low mile 80 series with a list of recent maintenance and upgrades this truck has, i seriously question the value of three emblems that refer to something being around for 40 years. Regarding factory lockers over ARB's i can't argue the perceived value there. I think it really boils down to the miles and the maintenance. Most trucks that sell, weather off this site or a site like BaT, have well over 150k miles and are in need of thousands of dollars in mechanical work. Personally if i was in the market for a 80 series i'd gravitate toward something like this one. Being a serious buyer i'd ask for a ton more info and i'd travel to see the truck in person. I was one of the bidders on that Red 97. I'm not sorry i missed it as i found this one soon after with 20+k lower miles on it and i have $9500 less invested in it. Anyway it is what it is, I do like hearing everybody's input weathers it constructive or negative.

Not to be doom and gloom, but if your planning on putting it on BAT, I would list it sooner than later. The economy is not going to get better anytime soon, good chance of recession and market crash coming in September. That will affect values as everyone will be unloading extra vehicles.
I don't believe that to be true, and if the market does get soft i'll just enjoy driving it to the grocery store now and then. This truck will bring the money someday.

You may be right! However, in the universe of very low mile 80 series with a list of recent maintenance and upgrades this truck has, i seriously question the value of three emblems that refer to something being around for 40 years. Regarding factory lockers over ARB's i can't argue the perceived value there. I think it really boils down to the miles and the maintenance. Most trucks that sell, weather off this site or a site like BaT, have well over 150k miles and are in need of thousands of dollars in mechanical work. Personally if i was in the market for a 80 series i'd gravitate toward something like this one. Being a serious buyer i'd ask for a ton more info and i'd travel to see the truck in person. I was one of the bidders on that Red 97. I'm not sorry i missed it as i found this one soon after with 20+k lower miles on it and i have $9500 less invested in it. Anyway it is what it is, I do like hearing everybody's input weathers it constructive or negative.
I don't disagree with you at all on that, as a rational buyer that doesn't have $75k in cash to my name, let alone to drop on an LC. My perception is that you are looking for a very specific type of person - someone with $75k to start, and someone that would rather have a "new" 25 year old LC over a 2018-2019, and that doesn't care whether or not it's the "ultimate" or "most collectible" version. That is a very limited buyer pool and you are almost definitely going to need more reach than this forum to find the right buyer.

I'd suggest putting new leather on the front seats and a quality leather cover on the steering wheel. A $75k truck doesn't have a Walmart wheel wrap and lace-on cloth seat covers.

.. If someone wanted the truck in completely stock shape I would be more than will to reduce the price and remove all the added goodies.
I think you will get a good price on BAT for your 80 as is. IMO if it were completely stock, plus ARB differentials, it would command an even greater price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom