SOLD (PRICE DROP) 1HD-T and H151F 80 series swap COMPLETE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After swapping my 3FE FJ80 over to an H150F, It drives well enough that I've decided it's not worth it to me to swap over to a 1HD-T. I like the 3FE a lot, and I'd rather put that time and money into finishing my Datsun and doing other fun mods to the 80. Crazy, I know.

I have all of the parts needed to swap a 1HD-T into your 80 series. All of the mechanicals are out of a 1991 HDJ81 VX with 330,000km (205,000mi) that I had shipped from Calgary and then stripped myself. This includes the following:

• 1HD-T, complete with:
    • Alternator
    • A/C compressor
    • Starter
    • Fan and clutch
    • Turbo, manifolds etc
    • All injector pump linkage
    • Engine mounts
  • 12/24V switchover relay system
  • Glow relay
  • Glow timer
  • Starter relay
  • Fuel filter housing/primer/heater and bracket
  • Vacuum reservoir and lines
  • Fuel lines (little bit crusty, but intact)
  • Fuel tank pickup and sending unit
  • LEFT HAND DRIVE engine harness for 1HD-T / manual trans (this can be mated directly to a gas powered truck with a correctly pinned gasser connector)
  • Radiator (OEM)
  • Radiator shroud
  • Coolant hoses
  • Airbox lid and intake hoses
  • Turbo pressure switches
  • Diesel tachometer and gauge cluster flexible circuit board
  • Diesel cluster films (glow plug light, etc)
  • 1HZ/1HD-T valve adjustment tool

• H151F manual transmission with bellhousing and shifter
  • Trans mount
  • Clutch pedal
  • Brake pedal
  • Clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and hydraulics and booster
  • Flywheel
  • Clutch (toast)
  • Shift boots (RHD)

The 1HD-T ran great, started at the twist of the key, little to no smoke across the board, no blowby at all. I didn't compression test it before removing it. It had a slight and intermittent miss at hot idle which would go away as soon as the accelerator was touched ("1HD-T shakes" I've heard it called? My friend's HDJ81 does the same thing). Injection pump was rebuilt at some point and ACSD was removed, long before I bought it I would guess. Cooling system was clean and coolant was red. All accessories are OEM and in working condition. A/C worked on the truck it came out of. H151F shifted a little stiff when cold as is common but was well-mannered when warm. The RHD clutch stuff can all be installed on a LHD, you just have to bend the clutch pedal and come up with a solution for the hydraulic hoses. Only thing I'm not including is the driveshafts, I want them as spares for my FJ80.

I spent about 40 hours mapping out the swap electrically for a swap into a 3FE truck, colour-coding diagrams and making notes and crossover maps, if the buyer has a 3FE truck and is interested in the notes and diagrams I compiled I can scan them and include them. Took me a long time of scouring the internet to find diesel wiring diagrams, they're out of print and those that have them won't give them up.

I'd ideally like to sell this whole swap to someone, but will entertain splitting things up if I get enough requests. I will work with the buyer on shipping (I'm located in Nova Scotia).

Looking for $11,000 USD for everything, plus shipping. Also listed for sale locally.

IMG_4745.JPG

IMG_4747.JPG

IMG_4746.JPG
IMG_4744.JPG

IMG_4753.JPG

IMG_3590.JPG

IMG_4754.JPG

IMG_4755.JPG

IMG_4756.JPG

IMG_4757.JPG

IMG_4740.JPG

IMG_4741.JPG

IMG_4742.JPG

IMG_4743.JPG

IMG_4748.JPG

IMG_4749.JPG

IMG_4750.JPG

IMG_3648.JPG

Some more pics

233B031A-1038-4AC9-AC42-3F008AEBCA17.jpeg

BE058526-DAF5-4A86-A45F-9A927E1E60C9.jpeg

D153E04A-BD5C-4F48-B885-CE579E6029EC.jpeg

4F4BDCF1-F3C8-42F8-90FF-1A8052B5B2EB.jpeg

52D9855B-773B-475B-90FE-C8C428203EDD.jpeg

My 85' Bj74 might of just tossed a piston ring. I'm 24v. What would just the engine go for?

I’d want $7k for just the engine, fully dressed.

Would be interested in the H151.

H151F and pedals, bell housing, shifter, clutch, flywheel etc I would want $3750. $3k for just the bare trans.

This is a tremendous value for someone looking to do a swap. Most of this stuff was NLA a long time ago. Great price IMO.

Interested in the h151f and the swap parts. I already have a 1hdf-t in my jdm 80. Would be nice to get rid of the auto at some point.
Let me know if you find a buyer for the engine

Bumping.

Checked on shipping recently and it was $800 usd plus customs brokerage fees to ship from Halifax, NS to Portland, Oregon.

That's all the way across the continent. Closer would be cheaper, I'm sure.

Price drop to $10k usd. Any less than this and I'll start breaking things up individually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom