catalytic converter LX470 2005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys
Got my first LX 470 2005
get an Catalytic converter code,
the one from the OEM parts is $1300 can it be something else or only option is to replace it?
Thanks

Hey Amit,

Too funny... I was about to post the same thing. As I'm on the same boat you are... I got both P0420 and P0156. And the infamous "tick-tick" exhaust leak (for only a few seconds).

I've found these:

MagnaFlow 49422 Catalytic Converter-Direct Fit @ $490.75 each

Magnaflow 93142 Catalytic Converter-Direct Fit @ $393.45 each

AP Emissions 645193 Catalytic Converter @ $202.40 each

All three are stainless steel and they meet EPA from what I've read. (except a few states)

AP has all the exhaust components from their website.

Now the question is... WHICH ONE??? 😀

101781.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Amit,

Too funny... I was about to post the same thing. As I'm on the same boat you are... I got both P0420 and P0156. And the infoamous "tick-tick" exhaust leak (for only a few seconds).

I've found these:

MagnaFlow 93142 Catalytic Converter-Direct Fit @ $490.75 each

Magnaflow 93142 Catalytic Converter-Direct Fit @ $393.45 each

AP Emissions 645193 Catalytic Converter @ $202.40 each

All three are stainless steel and they meet EPA from what I've read. (except a few states)

AP has all the exhaust components from their website.

Now the question is... WHICH ONE??? 😀

View attachment 2092876
Wow that great, in my case I believe I need the 645193 part, but have been told that the replaceable once are sometime doing problems, so i hope to hear her from someone that already install one.

Hey Amit & rrc swb..

so here im.... in the market for cat driverside. What did you guys go with!! how is it working for you guys?

FYI: I used Easter Catalytic converter and there should be a thread about it. It was about $200 shipped and comes with 50K or 5 year warranty. The converter came with front and O2 sensor gasket and bolts. I however went with OEM nuts and bolts with anti-seize,

I haven't done anything. waiting for the DT setup.

FYI: I used Easter Catalytic converter and there should be a thread about it. It was about $200 shipped and comes with 50K or 5 year warranty. The converter came with front and O2 sensor gasket and bolts. I however went with OEM nuts and bolts with anti-seize,
Did you mean to say Eastern Catalytic? from here? Eastern Catalytic Converters

Last edited:
Hi guys
Got my first LX 470 2005
get an Catalytic converter code,
the one from the OEM parts is $1300 can it be something else or only option is to replace it?
Thanks
What did you end up going with?

Have you already replaced your upstream and downstream O2 sensors?

I'm in the middle of it. It seems that about 97 times out of 100 it isn't the cats. I had a stalling episode about a week ago, it was 110 degrees, stop and go with the AC on. So first I'm doing some insulating on the return fuel line (bolted to the heads, then routed right next to the cat so it gets super toasty), a new gas cap as it seems to not hold pressure, and a new fuel pump. I will then look at the sensor data to determine what is actually going on. If it really is a cat (which I doubt) it will get universal cats because there is no way on earth I would pay what Toyota wants for the OEMs. There is another poster somewhere that put in Magnaflow cats and was reporting 2 to 3 MPG better on the freeway. His cat performance data (from the rear O2 sensors) was very good, kept his CEL off.

@lehiguy What did you end up doing with this issue? I'm in Las Vegas and my 06 LX470 stalled last summer when temps were above 100, check engine lights came on and stayed on. Error code is P0430 (bank two cat). I replaced the fuel filter in January and replaced the bank 2, downstream O2 sensor last month, and the following week it stalled again in the 100+ degree afternoon soon after I exited I-15. I had one mechanic tell me last summer that it was no big deal, but now that I need to smog and renew registration...it's a big deal. Another mechanic is telling me I need to replace both cats.

I never replaced the cats. I got some self adhesive reflective material and put it on the gas tank wherever it was exposed. I did replace the vapor canister. Then I sold the vehicle and bought a 2022 5th Gen 4Runner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom