A/C Drier Recommendation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seeing as how Denso has apparently discontinued the A/C drier - does anyone have experience with a non-OE one? My original to the truck compressor died, so I've got a new Denso replacement compressor, condenser and expansion valve. If it's discontinued by Denso - who makes the one for Toyota now? Thanks.

Last edited:
I replaced my entire AC system with a combination of Denso and four seasons parts 6 years ago all order through RockAuto. My dryer/receiver is four seasons brand as well as my compressor and expansion valve. All are still working as they should.

I recently replaced most of the AC system in my '97 and used this dryer which for now is still available at $26:

It looked the same as the one I removed and has worked well the few months since I installed it. I'm still getting used to how cold the AC is now and learning to point the vents away from passengers so they don't get too cold.

I recently replaced most of the AC system in my '97 and used this dryer which for now is still available at $26:

It looked the same as the one I removed and has worked well the few months since I installed it. I'm still getting used to how cold the AC is now and learning to point the vents away from passengers so they don't get too cold.

Thanks. I ordered one from Ebay that said it was Denso. It was a knock-off of an off-brand. Returned it. I was hoping for something local so I could get it going quickly. I'll pick up a Four Seasons and then keep a Denso on hand for the inevitable future system opening.

Thanks for the responses.

This just in...

1654956727040.png

1654956751152.png

doesn't appear to be discontinued...maybe I'm missing something

They may be available from Toyota but the Denso link is showing discontinued. I was looking for a recommendation on something I could find locally, since the heat index is 115 the past three days.

Also, pre-5/93 is a different part.

They may be available from Toyota but the Denso link is showing discontinued. I was looking for a recommendation on something I could find locally, since the heat index is 115 the past three days.

Also, pre-5/93 is a different part.

88471-50020 is the correct number for you application. Had you ordered one from your local dealer on Friday you would have had it by now.

88471-50020 is the correct number for you application. Had you ordered one from your local dealer on Friday you would have had it by now.

Yes, at over $70. While I typically do OE parts, I declined to pay the mark-up on this one from my local dealer. I also did the A/C work over the weekend, so having one on Monday would have been little help. I put on a Four Seasons and ordered a Denso unit for the next time this rolls around.

Suit yourself.:)

McGeorge offers near wholesale prices and, as long as the part's in Atlanta or Jacksonville, it ships within the week.

McGeorge offers near wholesale prices and, as long as the part's in Atlanta or Jacksonville, it ships within the week.

I've used McGeorge numerous times. Just looking at what other people used to see if there was something reputable I could pick up locally, as I started working on it the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom