LANDTANK - SUPERCHARGER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

another small update.

I ordered and have received the mounting studs for the charger assembly to the block. They only took 6 months to get.

It might be hard to see but the ends have been machined to use a 6 point socket to aid in install. But that area is still partially threaded.

I bought enough for 100 kits, so I guess that's the production limit at this time. View attachment 3029849View attachment 3029850
I only remember one plenum mounting stud being used for the TRD/Kazuma SC. Does your design require these three, or am I forgetting parts?

Kind of a side project associated with this one.

The pump I am using for the intercooler is fused at 20A. So it's probably drawing 15A. Lots of idling time in staop and go traffic and offroading and with a 12v onboard air system coming I felt that an alternator upgrade was in order. The alternator I liked was the one found on the Jaguars so I put together a comprehensive kit for our trucks.

Here is a link for what I did.

Kind of a side project associated with this one.

The pump I am using for the intercooler is fused at 20A. So it's probably drawing 15A. Lots of idling time in staop and go traffic and offroading and with a 12v onboard air system coming I felt that an alternator upgrade was in order. The alternator I liked was the one found on the Jaguars so I put together a comprehensive kit for our trucks.

Here is a link for what I did.

Awesome work!!!

Hey Rick -

Just to cover bases, nothing about your S/C kit cooling setup would physically conflict with a Sequoia alt & Photoman bracket, correct?

I expect that to pop up as at least a few have that common upgrade & not knowing where you’re mounting the circulation pump, possibly other items.
As long as that area isn’t being changed to an extent the Seq/Photoman setup conflicts.

The Jag casing looks like it could be smaller than the Sequoia/Tundra ones, just guessing by the picture perspective.

Right now I’m thinking that the pump is going to mount under the trans cooler up front. The alternator is just about idle amps. Not sure what the sequoia is but the computer sheets I’ve seen for these alternators shows 80a at idle. Basically equal to the stock alternator’s rated ability.

I should mention that I did message photoman about my plans for releasing this and he was supportive of it. But that was several years ago. The time from conception to market is pretty long with me.

Jaguar parts on a Toyota, it'll explode and burn down the neighborhood! :hillbilly:

Looking forward to seeing this come to market. Definitely interested.

I've got the Jag alternator (there's a thread on it) and I've been really happy. My OEM alternator was starting to go and while I bought the alt brush kit to rebuild, I wanted more idle voltage out of the alternator. The Jag easily delivered. The only issues I have is that the case is larger and doesn't swing with a belt change. Either the alternator has to be removed or the fan hub has to be loosened up to give enough slack. In addition, I had to use a non-standard thru bolt to secure the alternator to the bracket which forces me to carry a 13mm socket.

I've got the Jag alternator (there's a thread on it) and I've been really happy. My OEM alternator was starting to go and while I bought the alt brush kit to rebuild, I wanted more idle voltage out of the alternator. The Jag easily delivered. The only issues I have is that the case is larger and doesn't swing with a belt change. Either the alternator has to be removed or the fan hub has to be loosened up to give enough slack. In addition, I had to use a non-standard thru bolt to secure the alternator to the bracket which forces me to carry a 13mm socket.
I’ve addressed those issues with slightly longer wrapped belts and inserted threads into the alternator arm to continue to use the factory bolt and tensioning procedure. I also included additional wiring and fusible link to support the increase in charging ability.

Hi,
Are you going back to the first posters for order status?
I just sold my supercharged truck.
I’ll be missing it money set aside in account for new supercharger!
Thank you!

Just curious don’t want to be offensive or unethical in any way.
Just excited.
Not sure I'm following you. Are you trying to say you're interested?

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom