Australian-style Off-Road Radio Antennas (GMRS & CB & Ham) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How long is the coax cable? I have my MX275 mounted in the rear of my 80 and was curious if the cable can reach it?

Any future plan for a dual-band design/version for people who operate in both 2m and 70cm bands?

the design does not allow for reasonablene operation on multiple bands. It's a bottom loaded radome and really just resonates in one band.

Several folks run a duplexer though for both VHF and UHF antennas. I'm 💯 aware that is more than 2x the price.

I am strongly interested in these antennas.

1) Would you please tell me if there are any other differences between these 2 GMRS antennas besides their heights, 42" vs 36", and their gains, 6db vs 3db gain:

GMRS Rugged Mobile Radome Antenna; 6dBi; 42 - https://antennas.alamosa.mobi/products/gmrs-rugged-mobile-radome-antenna-6dbi-g465r1
vs
GMRS Rugged Antenna; Shorter 36 - https://antennas.alamosa.mobi/products/gmrs-rugged-antenna-36

2) Besides the GMRS bands (462-467), does it also cover the general 70cm/UHF bands (420-450) well?

3) Do you have the SWR values available for them?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Do you have an idea if the full waitlist will be fulfilled with this batch?
We used that waitlist in order to size our batch, so the answer is yes. Nuance is that some on the waitlist won't order (which is totally cool), and also some have added their names since our sizing. Our largest batch yet though.

1) Would you please tell me if there are any other differences between these 2 GMRS antennas besides their heights, 42" vs 36", and their gains, 6db vs 3db gain:

No other material differences. The bases are the same, the coax the same, etc. The inductor in each is different supporting different gain and electrical lengths.

2) Besides the GMRS bands (462-467), does it also cover the general 70cm/UHF bands (420-450) well?

The radome design with the load at the bottom does not support multiple-bands well. That said, I have not actually tried to find out how much power refection one would receive in 70cm. I'm not saying it won't work (well), just that we've matched the resonance to exactly 465MHz. :) I just genuinely don't know. I've been asked by less than a handful of interested folks for a 70cm antenna, which is fully doable, but we'd need to figure out how many would put an order for UHF Ham.

3) Do you have the SWR values available for them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom