craigslist Just Sold 1970 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 by FJ Company Sold for $270,000 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
1970 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 by FJ Company - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-52/ Sold for $270,000 on 6/9/22

This 1970 Land Cruiser FJ40 was refurbished and modified by the FJ Company in Bogotá, Colombia, before being imported to the US and acquired by its current owner in 2021. Built to the FJ Company’s G40-S specification, the truck is finished in Cadet Blue and receives power to all four of its wheels from a supercharged 4.0-liter Toyota 1GR-FE V6 mated to a five-speed manual transmission and a dual-range transfer case. Additional features include front and rear electronic locking differentials, custom 16” aluminum wheels, FJ70 front coil-spring suspension, front disc brakes, power steering, brown leather upholstery over Recaro front seats, LED lighting, a Warn winch, air conditioning, and a custom Bluetooth sound system. This modified FJ40 was featured in a 2021 Omaze charity fundraising sweepstakes, although the winner chose a cash alternative instead of the truck. It is now offered by the selling dealer in California on behalf of the Omaze asset management team with a clean Florida title.

2022-06-09_19-02-57.png

2022-06-09_19-03-20.png

2022-06-09_19-03-32.png

2022-06-09_19-03-43.png

2022-06-09_19-03-56.png

more

2022-06-09_19-04-08.png

2022-06-09_19-04-19.png

that is crazy, I was thinking it would be like 180-190

Too much plastic under the hood for me, don't care if it's fast. I'm really interested in that back seat setup though...

1654837661945.png

There is TONS of cars that are sold on bring a trailer that are never paid for. When the new owner posts some pics i will believe it.

Totally nuts.
I started a Land Cruiser Podcast and this 270k FJ40 sale is Episode 1.
With Land Cruisers, there is so much to talk about, so thought of starting a Podcast:

There is TONS of cars that are sold on bring a trailer that are never paid for. When the new owner posts some pics i will believe it.
Is this true? I seen some things on that sight go for huge stupid money and I just think to myself, that has to be some dude that had a few to many beers and is not thinking with their, well, sober brain.

How you gonna get to it? Climb over between the head rests?

You must have hobbits.
My passenger seat slides and tilts forwards, but I don't know if thats common in the 40 series. I have a BJ44 with the same rear bench seat layout, but it doesn't look nearly as safe and comfy as the one here! Jump seats are sweet until everyone has sore necks from trying to look out the front of the vehicle for a few hours.

Is this true? I seen some things on that sight go for huge stupid money and I just think to myself, that has to be some dude that had a few to many beers and is not thinking with their, well, sober brain.
When I sold my spring green 71, a non-paying winner was a big concern of mine. BAT doesn’t care because they have the bidders credit card and keep their 5% regardless. Payment is handled between buyer and seller. I asked BAT what happens if I have a non-payer and after many responses saying it’s rare, they basically said tough cookies and I would not be allowed to relist for 1 year because they don’t want perpetually sold vehicles running through the site.

My passenger seat slides and tilts forwards, but I don't know if thats common in the 40 series. I have a BJ44 with the same rear bench seat layout, but it doesn't look nearly as safe and comfy as the one here! Jump seats are sweet until everyone has sore necks from trying to look out the front of the vehicle for a few hours.
The placement of the front seats are the issue. They're set way back to get some leg room for driver and front passenger. If they are a flip & fold type then maybe you could get to the rears. I've never had anybody elect to get to the rear seats in my 40 by way of the front doors with stock front seats - not since our teen-aged years any way. The front doors are just too small. I've made folks climb overt but no one really did it willingly.

Yeah, the jump seats work for about 20 minutes.

elements of that rig look very nice, but the non jis bolts in the front door hinges hurt my feelings.

some people have money to burn and 1/4 mil isn’t a big deal to spend on a toy, it’s good and bad for the community. We are seeing some monumental builds but the cost of entry is also becoming prohibitive for a lot of folks.

I remember when cruiser people were notorious cheapskates and all the popular mods were junkyard mods.

There's no accounting for taste.

That may have looked like an FJ40 but it was not.
It's a GRJ-40. Or as I like to call it: The FJ Cruiser that should have been. These are stupid expensive, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom