LANDTANK - SUPERCHARGER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The cost is negligible it’s usually around $75 for 3 pulls, there isn’t any tuning so there is no need to rent the dyno. Just pay for 3 pulls before and 3 pulls after. $150 and you would have before and after, hp, torque and fueling plotted against rpm. There are 2 AWD dyno’s within 20 min of Groveland, MA.

Is that a recent price check? Recent events have produced a dramatic price in everything. Especially services which require a trained human.

No. It’s nothing I’m interested in. I’m looking for the most reliable, pleasant driving experience I can get.

When you look at the compressor map for a Whipple their efficiency island is around 12psi.

So using that means an increase of

no plans and don’t see the point of it. I’ve designed this to focus on the engines performance down low. Dynos don’t measure performance well in these lower areas.
Your decision of course, but seems prudent from a business standpoint to offer the pre/post dyno metrics to your potential consumers. The costs and time associated are negligible compared to the additional business you’d generate, no? Just curious why you’re not considering providing the numbers?

Your decision of course, but seems prudent from a business standpoint to offer the pre/post dyno metrics to your potential consumers. The costs and time associated are negligible compared to the additional business you’d generate, no? Just curious why you’re not considering providing the numbers?
I’m not in this for a business. It’s a hobby and I build for myself and those who would like what I build. Most profits go to fund the next project and testing.

I’ve had people try and leverage potential future purchases for some consideration with the current one. That just gets you on my do not sell list. I’m not in it for that BS.

I’m not in this for a business. It’s a hobby and I build for myself and those who would like what I build. Most profits go to fund the next project and testing.

I’ve had people try and leverage potential future purchases for some consideration with the current one. That just gets you on my do not sell list. I’m not in it for that BS.
Good to know and pretty awesome to have that freedom, thanks for the clarification.

Nothing wrong with being in it for the business so long as your ethics are good. Also nothing wrong with being frank about it being a hobby (and if I may say, an impressive one). Good on you for being honest and not getting pushed around.

Nothing wrong with being in it for the business so long as your ethics are good. Also nothing wrong with being frank about it being a hobby (and if I may say, an impressive one). Good on you for being honest and not getting pushed around.

Rick & getting pushed around are far from the same sentence - much to his credit IMO.

You can ignore his advice, but eventually you’ll find his POV is generally from experience & you end up walking back anything you did radically different than what his advice was.

Saw it early on when we were hooligans wasting Spectre’s bandwidth before Mud - enough so that he, Dan, and Kevin (well, Dan & Rick now :confused: ) - don’t bother with naysayers (sp?).

I spent the last 2 weeks in Cali as my daughter bought her first house.

Everything showed up and looks great. Hope to post pictures this weekend.

I feel I’ve done the best one could do with the limited space available.

Last edited:
so here are some pics of the intercooler and heat exchanger. The heat exchanger leaves tomorrow for it's adjustments
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG
IMG_1060.JPG
IMG_1061.JPG
IMG_1062.JPG
IMG_1063.JPG

another small update.

I ordered and have received the mounting studs for the charger assembly to the block. They only took 6 months to get.

It might be hard to see but the ends have been machined to use a 6 point socket to aid in install. But that area is still partially threaded.

I bought enough for 100 kits, so I guess that's the production limit at this time.
3 studs.JPG
1 stud.JPG

Not familiar with this

Funny part - I bet a few young’ens here may not see any humor to that :D

Heck, it’s been since I left M&D’s home that I saw a bungie cord, let alone a corded landline and I alway remember my moms go-to saying was:

“when will you or your father EVER wash your hands in the mud room & not leave the phone all greasy?” :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom