Rapid Precision Valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody use these? Are they good? Thanks

Last edited:
Anybody use these? Are they good? I'm sick if the POS ARB deflator. Thanks
I run the STAUN adjustable valve deflators and they have been awesome

How do these compare with pulling the valve stems? I got a set of Staun's and they take FOREVER with 37s, so bad I don't ever use them and pull the valve stems. There are risks to this, namely loosing valve stems during deflation especially when alone!

How do these compare with pulling the valve stems? I got a set of Staun's and they take FOREVER with 37s, so bad I don't ever use them and pull the valve stems. There are risks to this, namely loosing valve stems during deflation especially when alone!

So #1 carry a tire repair kit with stems in it and #2 use an air down tool that won’t allow the stem to be lost.

Cheers

Looking into these more, they are a replacement valve stem. They really do seem to match valve stem removal speed, they would be PERFECT if you could set a lower limit somehow! I super want these now!

Not bad for $120 when Stauns are $99 to $110 (depending on range. (Chinese versions of the Stauns are $28). But for the Apex deflators you have to unmount and remount the tires to install them. The Apexes are infinitely adjustable on the fly.

What do you mean "the Apexes are infinitely adjustable on the fly"? In that you manually deflate to your desired pressure with no pre-set lower limit? That's a downside IMO, these would be epic if you could set a lower limit and walk around the car and have them all hit, stop, close them all, drive off.

Do they work with some aftermarket TPMS receiver? That would be a huge bonus to these, get a bluetooth receiver and add an app to your phone or head unit and get TPMS/warnings.

Anybody use these? Are they good? Thanks

My first impression on the RPV's is that they are a rigid stem, which I wouldn't have on my truck. I use rubber valve stems so they are more resistant to trail damage.

My friend has a set. They deflate 37s VERY quickly

The Staun deflators' best feature is being able to install them and start driving immediately, while the tires air down. You can remove them the next time you stop, when the airing down magic is done. Hard to beat 'immediately'. Their drawbacks IMO are they aren't super precise, that setting them to the desired pressure is time consuming, and they don't hold that setting well.

My personal solution was to build an air line with 4 quick-connect chucks. The primary reason was to air up all 4 tires at the same time, to get to exactly the same pressure, without having to babysit each tire. The margin for acceptable error is much bigger when all 4 tires are always at the same pressure. The side benefit is airing down all 4 to exactly the same pressure, every time, without fussing with each tire independently. Life got even better when I got a TPMS with an in-cab display, now I sit in the climate controlled cab until the tires hit my desired psi.

What do you mean "the Apexes are infinitely adjustable on the fly"? In that you manually deflate to your desired pressure with no pre-set lower limit? That's a downside IMO, these would be epic if you could set a lower limit and walk around the car and have them all hit, stop, close them all, drive off.

Do they work with some aftermarket TPMS receiver? That would be a huge bonus to these, get a bluetooth receiver and add an app to your phone or head unit and get TPMS/warnings.
I mean - one day you may just be in the washes or dirt roads and want 18psi so you flip the valve until you hit 18 psi on your trusted gauge. Another day you may be in the rocks and want 10psi so you do the same to 10psi. You have to do each tire individually. "Infinitely adjustable" is better than a preset solution like the Stauns with one pre-adjusted value that may not be very precise , and certainly better than the ARB deflator twisting the core in and out. Since a dismount and mount /rebalance for 4 tires aint cheap, I'm gonna get these on my next set of tires, avoiding that cost. What is TPMS? - these are 80's with 1990s tech.

@-Spike- do you have your airline setup on solenoids with an in-cab switches to actuate for airing up/down?

I didn't know you could safely drive with the Stauns on, that would help a ton for sure! :bang: I'll have to give them another try now......

@-Spike- do you have your airline setup on solenoids with an in-cab switches to actuate for airing up/down?

I didn't know you could safely drive with the Stauns on, that would help a ton for sure! :bang: I'll have to give them another try now......
No, the air line is on a reel, it gets connected to the tires and compressor when it's needed. Essentially it's a homemade version of this, without coiled hoses: Speedflate.

You can drive with the Stauns on, but I wouldn't advise highway speeds. They'd almost certainly throw off the tire balance, and of course you're aired down. Also, they could be damaged if you get into some rocks or whatever. Best practice if you are in a hurry to get on the trail is to stop after 15-20 minutes and pull them off.

The fastest way (tested) to air down if you are not using the screw on and drive method. I use a stop watch to vari the pressure. Goes out the same as going in with a PUMA. I reverse the timing method when refilling. YMMV

1654802804633.png

Coyotes (similiar to Stauns) are much more accurate because you get 2 springs one is low presure one is high. Once set a dab of super glue keeps them set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom