Builds 97 80 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well a build is never really done…. Currently contemplating a supercharged 6.2 swap with a 6spd auto behind it!

My shop/ plow truck is a 97 LX450, I just purchased a OEM new short block, I have a freshly rebuilt cylinder, head, all new timing components and oil pump, plan was to assemble and install this new motor in my lx450…. Now I am debating throwing my 100k mile turbo drivetrain in my lx450 shop truck and going supercharged 6.2 in the Landcruiser!

So I could sell my 105k mile turbo engine/ trans from this build or I could assemble and sell a brand new long block, anyone in need???

CD99BC4D-A301-4368-A6C8-BF1F2E7608DE.jpeg

6A985B56-7F38-4EEE-B8A8-8DAC19A3FA59.jpeg

8F004580-381B-467E-B46D-8E5CBFFA63B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Is the pic about true to the color of the respray?

Looks like that rumored Mopar color I saw once on a Charger/Challenger - the coupe one.

Not that common primer grey / ‘Concrete’ if it was a ‘Yota, it’s darker & maybe a slight green tint in the grey?

I never get past the color to the mod updates :rofl: - Love it!!!

Is the pic about true to the color of the respray?

Looks like that rumored Mopar color I saw once on a Charger/Challenger - the coupe one.

Not that common primer grey / ‘Concrete’ if it was a ‘Yota, it’s darker & maybe a slight green tint in the grey?

I never get past the color to the mod updates :rofl: - Love it!!!
It is a mopar color, it’s called anvil

Well a build is never really done…. Currently contemplating a supercharged 6.2 swap with a 6spd auto behind it!

My shop/ plow truck is a 97 LX450, I just purchased a OEM new short block, I have a freshly rebuilt cylinder, head, all new timing components and oil pump, plan was to assemble and install this new motor in my lx450…. Now I am debating throwing my 100k mile turbo drivetrain in my lx450 shop truck and going supercharged 6.2 in the Landcruiser!

So I could sell my 105k mile turbo engine/ trans from this build or I could assemble and sell a brand new long block, anyone in need???
PM'ed.

Well it never ends, i’ve sold my turbo drivetrain, currently in the process of reassembling a gen 5 LT 6.2, installing new cam and lifters and deleting the DOD system. Donor truck was a 40k mile 2016 yukon Denali, will be backed by an 8spd automatic! Super excited to see this come together!

IMG_0808.jpeg

IMG_0846.jpeg

IMG_0845.jpeg

IMG_0844.jpeg

Why 8 speed? Are the 3rds re-geared or just looking for better economy?
I’d assume because that it what was behind the engine in the Denali. And you want the paired engine/trans from GM to greatly reduce your swap brain damage.

The 8-speed has a lower first gear than the 4 and 6 GM auto’s so I see this as a big plus.

I’d assume because that it what was behind the engine in the Denali. And you want the paired engine/trans from GM to greatly reduce your swap brain damage.

The 8-speed has a lower first gear than the 4 and 6 GM auto’s so I see this as a big plus.
Exactly, and more gears are nice, 8 spd will make drivability and towing through the rockies a non event! Theres a reason all modern vehicles have more gears! I am geared to 4:88s which will most likely be an issue…. My shop truck is an lx450 that desperately needs gears, so good possibility i swap third members and go back to 4:10s in the landcruiser

LC - overdrive - .753/1
8L90-E - overdrives - .850/1 & .650/1

Comes down to your target RPM at 80MPH.
Overdrive in mine is .65…. But yea exactly ill drive it and see what RPM I get @ 80 mph, if its to high ill swap third members

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom