Best 17" Wheel/Rim Options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
Working on the exterior. Adding some Kut Snake fender flares, so thought I should look at rim options too. running 35's on Black Steelies. Want to upgrade the rims, so want to see what others were using? Looking to stay black. Show me what you got!

fj80.jpeg

One option could be the Method VM

method_mr305_wheel_8lug_matte_black_18x9-1000_2048x.png

Take a look through the Icon website. They have a good selection.

This is their “Compression” wheel.
4C778DAA-92DC-427E-BBD3-936B5E395D3F.png

I like the longer spokes on the Icon wheels. Look at the Rebound also. It looks much better on the truck than this picture.

4EB12FE1-D264-4EA6-B54E-51889E92473F.png

I have the Icon Rebound but mine are bronze. The ones that work on the 80 are 17x8.5, 0 offset, 4.75" Backspacing. If you don't run wheel spacers, the center caps won't fit over the cruiser hubs. But since you're looking at black wheels you probably won't even notice.

I have 1.5" spacers so I'm running the center caps.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

what they look like without the caps
37’s and bumpstops by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I have the Icon Rebound but mine are bronze. The ones that work on the 80 are 17x8.5, 0 offset, 4.75" Backspacing. If you don't run wheel spacers, the center caps won't fit over the cruiser hubs. But since you're looking at black wheels you probably won't even notice.

I have 1.5" spacers so I'm running the center caps.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

what they look like without the caps
Thx! Yea really like the spokes on these! I have Aisin hubs on the front, so won't use the center caps.

Yea really like these Icons Rebounds on a 80

10.jpg

These are what I am running with real beadlocks. They also come in a faux beadlock that are less expensive. I run these with a spacer for clearance and better fender stuff, but I'm sure they could be ordered with the offset built into them, I just didn't want to risk getting the wrong offset and being stuck. I wanted the 37" tires to line up even with the fenderless body panels.

Method Race Wheels MR105 Wheel Matte Black 17x8.5 6x5.5 (6x139.7) 0mm Offset.

20190810_132336[1].jpg
20190608_104122[1].jpg
20190506_164956[1].jpg

Here is the Icon Rebound in Titanium

04BE29FB-4F9D-44DF-95E6-580A8E6D7A37.jpeg

A3413174-2160-4709-B3DB-E00E9FEB854E.jpeg

Spacers suck. Hub centering rings suck. Get wheels that fit your 80 without the aid of superfluous band aids and not the other way around. Gl!

(Disclaimer: Pre am coffee before a long road trip)

Spacers suck. Hub centering rings suck. Get wheels that fit your 80 without the aid of superfluous band aids and not the other way around. Gl!

(Disclaimer: Pre am coffee before a long road trip)
Do the icon rebounds not fit directly? will they need spacers?

Do the icon rebounds not fit directly? will they need spacers?
They do fit directly. The only reason you need a spacer is if you want to have the center caps on the wheels. The hubs on the 80 stick out a bit farther and the center caps won't fit without a spacer. But the wheel still looks good even without the spacer IMO. Another option that I have seen done is to contact Solve Function and have a set of center cap spacers 3D printed. That way you can still keep the center caps and not have to use a wheel spacer if you're opposed to them like @COYS
FWIW, there are a number of vehicles that from the factory use some type of wheel spacer. So they aren't a "band aid" and they work just fine. I've been running a wheel spacer on my trucks for more than a decade without issue.

Here's what the Icon Rebound looks like without the center cap installed.

Here's the link to Solve Function's website (@Outsane here on MUD) and the center cap spacers. These are for Method wheels but they looks like an identical shape to the ICON ones. I wonder if they would fit both brands of wheel?

Last edited:
Just picked up a set of Raceline Ryno Forged beadlocks in 17x9. They are at powder coat, so more pics to come once I get them mounted. I'm replacing my older KMC beadlocks which have been solid!

7CBA555A-165E-4341-8195-5D2FA46C7DDA.jpeg

675D5A80-02A3-4BDA-98F3-09214F31CD73.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom