Builds Project Lockjaw-1973 Fj40 on Tons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for a fiberglass top cap for my 40 project. Willing to drive within a 200 mile radius of Knoxville TN. Let me know. Need the front 3/4 or so to stretch the one I'm getting locally. It has a sunroof, so I'll be using the back 3/4 of it.
If you are not in a hurry, I am going to be doing my top one year, lol. I plan to cut up a few tops that I have. Maybe we can figure out what each of us need and I will have some left over. I have a few top to work with.

If you are not in a hurry, I am going to be doing my top one year, lol. I plan to cut up a few tops that I have. Maybe we can figure out what each of us need and I will have some left over. I have a few top to work with.
You wouldn't happen to have one right now would you? I really need to get going on this thing.

You wouldn't happen to have one right now would you? I really need to get going on this thing.
I have 4 or five. I know I am using two but will have an extra front section left from one of them. I need to look in my conex box and pick the ones I plan to use.

Getting the nv4500 mounted up.

513A213D-E55E-4989-BC7A-D46C43B185F3.jpeg

I had heard horror stories about TMR taking for ever to ship. Rolled the dice and ordered some front coil hoops on April 27th and they arrived today. AWESOME
20220503_203115.jpg

I am pleased with how fast they shipped my purchase.

Been awhile since I've posted anything. Started mocking up some of the front so I can get the shock hoops and coils mounted.
20220517_212256.jpg
20220517_212311.jpg
20220517_212305.jpg

Got the front coilovers mocked into place today.
20220607_165847.jpg
20220607_165823.jpg
20220607_170233.jpg

What are your plans as far as fenders ? looks good now i need to get off my butt and do mine

What are your plans as far as fenders ? looks good now i need to get off my butt and do mine
I really haven't decided yet. May run some type of tube fender or take some stock ones and fit them around my shock hoops.

You aren't going to have the lower coil over tabs hanging off the back of the truss are you? Put them on top where the force is distributed down onto the axle, instead of hung off the back of the truss with that small tab.

I'm definitely no expert on link suspensions, but the ones I've seen have shocks/struts mounted to the top of the housing somewhere unless it's a trailing arm setup.
I suppose if you don't have room on top it's fine, but it will always put extra load on your links, keeping the axle upright with all the force coming in off the front face.

Edit: were it my truck, I'd modify the truss to allow the coilover/strut to mount to the top of the truss and or housing.

Last edited:
Something like this should have enough mass to put the shock behind the axle, right? I ran out of room on top of my rear axle though I will put my front shocks on top of the axle as suggested above.

View attachment 3028340
Mine are very similar to this. I don't have a ton of miles on my set-up yet, so I can't comment on how its gonna last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom