A tale of two trucks ;) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The three cords on this kit. Which one is for the driver? Two are long but still different lengths. ONE of the two has two segments. And then theres the one short one.
Guessing that the longer with broken segment go to the driver back?

Pic…

066FDBAC-F216-43C9-9232-C1E5F94EA306.jpeg

Figured it out. And the seat backs! I’ll put it all together tomorrow. Pleased with the quality of these SOR seats. It was fairly easy too.

8CBA05CC-E281-40E2-BC4D-672CB3CB66F7.jpeg

Ok, I'm back at the 45. I have a shop now. I'm stationary. No more procrastinating. Super quick recap:
1964 lpb out of Oakdale CA. Motor was wore out so I sent to a machine shop when I was stationed in Louisiana. That was an absolute disaster. Got my motor back in pieces and lost out on my deposit. Fast forward to this past year or so and I bought the old Fire Truck motor that JP had that came in a 45. I have since installed that into my 45. And that's where I'm at now. Truck still needs a ton. I've started disassembly this past week. I'm going to chip away at her the best I can. This weekend I'll try to clean and maybe paint the frame. Ultimately I want to clean her up as best I can. I'm putting '79 axles under her. I'm going for the Offenhauser / dual SD40 setup. More to follow!

Female Brittany?!

Love Brittany’s. My Ruby’s going on 11, and Tozer’s going on three. Glad this thread is back alive!
AE8EBD32-2CAB-4E2E-A620-C34E9832C604.jpeg

Last edited:
Question: When I swap out for the '79 axles... What all does this require? I'll look when I get home but, I'm guessing the flanges are different (driveshaft to axle). Will my original leaf springs mate up to the new axles? I know I need one of @landcrusher909 's spacers for the boosted, double reservoir BM! :D Then, there are the associated 10mm brake lines versus 9mm....

79 axle might be 3.73 instead of 4.11 so double check. your old axle and driveshaft is 8mm vs 10mm on later stuff
that chart should help. Many ways to skin this cat.. but yes.. the axle will bolt up and onto your springs. get new ubolts and i would recommend new tie rod ends at a min.
easy button would be use the slip joint from the new axle's driveshaft and install the driveshaft slip joint down to axle.
This might be an option
use Part# PN60040

Motor coming out. Cab will come off tomorrow.

D84FB98A-C71C-44FF-802C-9259B95AF7E4.jpeg

Also notice the places where I found the original spring green under that dark green old paint. The kick vent gives you an idea. I’m going to try and pull out as much of the original paint as possible.

LOL. Yes, we mouth breathers like doing things the hard way....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom