Steering wheel off center after hit - damaged sector shaft? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bent a sector shaft in Moab a few years back. Splines were visibly twisted and had to chop the arm off to remove it. Reinstalled with the 105 parts. my steering wheel is out after gently driving into stump this past weekend that stopped the truck instantly. With hydro assist I hope to have only tweaked the rod ends which were do anyways. Will see when the new ends from EMF arrive this week and get into it.

Another one ‘bites the dust’.

Not going fast, left front wheel hit/deflected off a rock going downhill. Tracks straight, but steering wheel off Center about 60 degrees.
Intending to replace it a stronger 105 sector shaft.

00C69FDF-E3BB-4AA3-8E5E-C628051A18AD.jpeg

Another one ‘bites the dust’.

Not going fast, left front wheel hit/deflected off a rock going downhill. Tracks straight, but steering wheel off Center about 60 degrees.
Intending to replace it a stronger 105 sector shaft.

View attachment 3028046
This is debatable. I ran hard two 80’s with stock equipment never broke down. I do now run hydro assist plus the105 shaft. I’m still puzzled over how you guys compromise the stock sector shaft.

This is debatable. I ran hard two 80’s with stock equipment never broke down. I do now run hydro assist plus the105 shaft. I’m still puzzled over how you guys compromise the stock sector shaft.
Get out of the mall. :flipoff2:

My pleasure rests in the knowledge that I don’t over drive what I’ve built. :flipoff2::flipoff2::bounce:
I seen a video or two that say otherwise :doh:
That being said I have had no Issue with the stock sector shaft even running 39s 🤷‍♂️ I do have the 105 setting in a box ready to go in.

The sector will twist easier than you think.

I seen a video or two that say otherwise :doh:
That being said I have had no Issue with the stock sector shaft even running 39s 🤷‍♂️ I do have the 105 setting in a box ready to go in.
So I’m famous????

I managed to some-freakin-how.
1654656011968.jpeg

Haven’t even wheeled what I’d consider hard for years. Smoked a deer big time about a year ago and shortly after that my PS pump plug s^*t out. May have just been a coincidence. Maybe not. But my sector shaft got seriously tweaked somewhere along the way.

I managed to some-freakin-how.
View attachment 3028156
Haven’t even wheeled what I’d consider hard for years. Smoked a deer big time about a year ago and shortly after that my PS pump plug s^*t out. May have just been a coincidence. Maybe not. But my sector shaft got seriously tweaked somewhere along the way.
Looks like bling to me ….. wax on wax off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom