What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found the leaks in my AC finally. PO had a rear AC block off kit but it looks like the o ring in it failed. Plus, my evaporator had a decent leak in it, too.

B38C511A-134A-47E6-BEB4-D03B8497A0CE.jpeg

They cut the line right below the passenger door. Which I’m actually happy about because it was easy to pull it out.

0A62F600-93F5-41AA-AD82-2CA260D44252.jpeg

Old and new evaporators. I got the denso unit on RockAuto

AF97D118-4D30-43BD-AF70-C8B75E88E25F.jpeg

UV dye showing through here.

D9A92E2E-8021-4BE3-966D-C8EE7719BADB.jpeg

New unit with new TXV, and bolts. Reused the rubber tape.

Waiting on the block off caps from Street rod guys. Seemed like the simplest and best option to block off the rear AC again. I’ll be able to take off the unused hoses to send out to cold hose rather than reinstalling one of the dorman kits.

9466F767-D7AD-467B-9385-08E27BDE060B.jpeg

While I wait, I’m getting the evaporator put back in and the cover cut up to allow for air filters.

F0C1A8BB-0672-40CF-ADBD-93DE8654349A.jpeg

48839AA1-4524-4C2B-B66B-E7A79A178389.jpeg

B91C8FC7-4ABF-4C39-95F8-14F5AB84E725.jpeg

9FAB94A4-201E-4FB4-9F3C-10F913EE34E4.jpeg

Filters are in and covered up.

Now I’m working on 3D printing bracket that will reconnect the severed glovebox support. I’ll send photos of that once I have that up.

I think that is the Teyes CC3

Thats the one

A brief switch to fastback to get the roof polished up and a white vinyl done underneath the Gamiviti.

IMG_0835.jpeg

IMG_0840.jpeg

First time I've ever done vinyl or wrapping any panel. If it was a paid job I'd get my money back but underneath the rack it's hard to spot the flaws. I'm hoping it helps a few degrees with heat soak, since for reasons I don't even understand I've insisted so far on building a heatsink.

With the rack off...man. 37s are so tempting. If I could just get my family to stop bringing literally everything we own on trips...

New front diff supports. Who knows, maybe it solves the pop sound I hear when turning left up hill.

D2EE8909-1CA7-4C76-9823-BF186EDE25AF.jpeg

This one definitely was worn.

48839301-29DB-4DD4-8BF6-434A2F7371E7.jpeg

666B5436-3513-4E5F-9928-DF7B73245021.jpeg

this one wasn’t nearly as bad, but I replaced anyway. Maybe I’ll get the courage to replace the front diff support.

Replaced spark plugs with Denso IKs. Managed to finish the job without any hick up!
Old once are look ok but I had a minor miss but no codes. Coils are good. Rich gas smell at cold start from exhaust went away. Cleaned up MAF and throttle body too
IMG_20220606_215515__01.jpg

Did you have a code or for fuel boil?
No CEL. The most I ever had is mild venting in any condition (hiss for up to 2-3 seconds). No fuel locks. This LX sees only sea level to <8000' altitude, usually 0-4000'.

The last time it hissed was ~110F at Vegas last month, I met 3 sand storms on I-15 on the way to the Grand Canyon and the truck took in a far bit of sand that has probably affected cooling.

I've cleaned out the sand in my engine bay, air box filter and radiators since. I'll probably clean the AC filter and evaporator core next.

No CEL. The most I ever had is mild venting in any condition (hiss for up to 2-3 seconds). No fuel locks. This LX sees only sea level to <8000' altitude, usually 0-4000'.

The last time it hissed was ~110F at Vegas last month, I met 3 sand storms on I-15 on the way to the Grand Canyon and the truck took in a far bit of sand that has probably affected cooling.

I've cleaned out the sand in my engine bay, air box filter and radiators since. I'll probably clean the AC filter and evaporator core next.
I went to Az last month and got the smell. I have no codes just the smell every now and then. A couple times venting while offroad higher altitude.

I went to Az last month and got the smell. I have no codes just the smell every now and then. A couple times venting while offroad higher altitude.
It's probably a variety of factors including the ones listed on the other thread.

Probably rebuilding the charcoal canister will help, some replaced the fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure damper (DAMPER ASSY, FUEL PRESSURE on the other side of the intake manifold), cleaned radiators, new coolant, insulated the fuel lines against the muffler heat along the hot sections.

A new charcoal canister from Toyota comes with a new vapor pressure sensor.

Last edited:
It's probably a variety of factors including the ones listed on the other thread.

Probably rebuilding the charcoal canister will help, some replaced the fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure damper (DAMPER ASSY, FUEL PRESSURE on the other side of the intake manifold), cleaned radiators, new coolant, insulated the fuel lines against the muffler heat along the hot sections.

A new charcoal canister from Toyota comes with a new VSV.
Ive been following that thread. I have to start ordering stuff.

Replaced radiator
new coolant
heater T
fan clutch
all bypass hoses just since they felt old.
fan bracket
timing belt
water pump

Definitely want to add the heat shields and wraps for lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom