A good 40 shop: RDU Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to get my diesel 40 series DDable and I have a small list of random stuff. Are there any good shops around Raleigh/Durham area?

Can't vouch for them personally, but my dad has been taking his Jeep Liberty w/ the 2.8L CRD to Chasen Diesel in Garner for years and he's been happy w/ them.

I would redact the vehicle brand and model to protect the innocent.... ;)

I would redact the vehicle brand and model to protect the innocent.... ;)
He now owns a 1989 4runner & 1983 mini-truck; sold the Liberty last week. Those demons have been exercised and he has seen the light. Halleluiah

Or go see Morgan at Piedmont Performance in Greensboro.
I want to get my diesel 40 series DDable and I have a small list of random stuff. Are there any good shops around Raleigh/Durham area?
Is it diesel related or vehicle related? Jay at Renaissance in Cary is doing more Cruiser work. He also has worked on my previous MB turbo diesel.

If more diesel related, I would take it to Morgan Hill in Greensboro at Piedmont Performance. He knows diesels.

Or go see Morgan at Piedmont Performance in Greensboro.

Is it diesel related or vehicle related? Jay at Renaissance in Cary is doing more Cruiser work. He also has worked on my previous MB turbo diesel.

If more diesel related, I would take it to Morgan Hill in Greensboro at Piedmont Performance. He knows diesels.

These guys? Auto Repair, Cary NC | Renaissance Auto Care - https://www.renaissanceautocare.net/
It's a benz+toyota Mashup so these guys fit the bill.
What engine does it have in it?
MB om314, it's a bandi.

Renaissance is probably your best bet around rdu, but getting parts is going to be hard. Good luck.
Thanks. Parts won't be an issue, I'm in and out of Brazil and have family that can pile parts in a room in between trips.

Thanks. Parts won't be an issue, I'm in and out of Brazil and have family that can pile parts in a room in between trips.

Check out A Better Wrench in Chapel Hill. My mom drove diesel MBs for >10 years growing up and we always took them here. They do a ton of MB work and Max is a MB diesel guru. Definitely worth a call if it's a MB motor.

I’d argue they’re the best MB shop in the area, especially for older stuff.

Last edited:
Brazilian Bandeirantes all came with MB motors afaik. I saw one when I was in Rio 7 years ago for work. Wicked cool looking with all the extra fender lines.

A rare bird stateside for sure. I'd love if you would bring it to a monthly meeting @landcruiserjunky

Brazilian Bandeirantes all came with MB motors afaik.

Depends on the year they switched to a more modern yota diesel after a certain year.

These guys? Auto Repair, Cary NC | Renaissance Auto Care - https://www.renaissanceautocare.net/
It's a benz+toyota Mashup so these guys fit the bill.

MB om314, it's a bandi.

OM314 that's a really workhorse in the US. Large displacement 4 cylinder (for mercedes). Used in a ton of stuff worldwide through the 70s. Aren't they like 80 Hp and 250 ft/lbs?
Only personally seen them upclose in some of the very large old mercedes vans in the UK.

That thing is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom