What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was able to make some time to get it done! Had to modify the Rhino 4x4 bash plate just a little bit to make them fit together. Need to get some different washers for the two Slee skid arms that attach to the recovery points, since those are used differently for the Rhino 4x4 bumper. Really very little modification needed!

20220604_175308.jpg

20220604_210613.jpg

20220604_211424.jpg

Is this public land or just dirt roads?

I’m planning that same area in July but not sure what’s out there as far as public land
It's a mixture of public, state and forest service roads. I just finished laying out the North Fork Road (West Glacier NP) drive for tomorrow. I utilize the GAIA app, hard copy maps and internet to identify routes. Mainly stick to forest service or bureau of land management roads when I go off pavement. Most apps have a layer/filter for public lands and the Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM). I add in a layer for USFS recreation sites to help identify camping sites.
July will be better as a number of routes are still closed at altitude due to snow, ice, and/or damage not yet repaired.

Added a fire extinguisher mount to the drivers seat. I used a bracketeer mount.

Also makes a good place to keep my swifter.

Amazon product ASIN B015G3QXMY
20220602_101523.jpg

It's a mixture of public, state and forest service roads. I just finished laying out the North Fork Road (West Glacier NP) drive for tomorrow. I utilize the GAIA app, hard copy maps and internet to identify routes. Mainly stick to forest service or bureau of land management roads when I go off pavement. Most apps have a layer/filter for public lands and the Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM). I add in a layer for USFS recreation sites to help identify camping sites.
July will be better as a number of routes are still closed at altitude due to snow, ice, and/or damage not yet repaired.

Thanks! I need to look up there on Gaia. That’s what I use locally

True but when it's a spur of the moment, navigator induced..."hey that looks fun"...starting way too late in the day run.
Those spur of the moment last minute additions to the plan are a good reason for the additional fuel.

We took a Subaru on our honeymoon out west and found ourselves saying ‘we outta turn around’ several times. It was due to lacking fuel or lacking vehicle capability… we’ll likely never say that with our cruiser. Yeah, we went overboard on our build but I still have regrets from that’s trip that I never want to repeat.

Yeah, we went overboard on our build but I still have regrets from that’s trip that I never want to repeat.

What are those regrets?

What are those regrets?
Having to turn around… a few times.

We drove from North Ga to Utah via the southern route and did a ton of stuff; made a few 2 day stops along the route and once we got to New Mexico we camped for 3 weeks through New Mexico-> Colorado->Utah.

Once we got into the Southwest it was just too much for my little Subaru Baja. Not enough ground clearance and/or the shortcomings of open diffs and AWD will make you look at dirt roads a lot differently.

We’re headed back to that area this summer for 3 weeks; 7 years later with 2 kids, a Conqueror, and a Land Cruiser which has almost secured 3rd child status. We shouldn’t have to turn around for anything, even gas… we have a LRA 🤣

Fixed it

1654575089179.png

2022 truck with 15K miles went into limp mode after I drove over a palm tree leave. Looks like the leave unplugged a cable that sent power from the ECU to the transmission.

Be careful out there for those in Florida driving over palm tree leaves. 😂😂😂

2022 truck with 15K miles went into limp mode after I drove over a palm tree leave. Looks like the leave unplugged a cable that sent power from the ECU to the transmission.

Be careful out there for those in Florida driving over palm tree leaves. 😂😂😂
Toyota has to build them tough....trips to the mall can be treacherous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom